Pregnant after a Loss

Scaring myself with the loss of symptoms ***TW*** UPDATE

GoldenTMamaGoldenTMama member
edited July 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
****TW - Previous loss mentioned****

I'm 5w1d today and I woke up a little less tired than I have been and my breasts are less sore and heavy. I am starting to freak myself out. I don't have a doctor's appointment until 7/13, but I'm so afraid that I'm losing the symptoms because I am losing this pregnancy. We have had 3 losses and I don't know how we would handle a 4th. I have kept myself pretty positive so far, but today the fear is taking over. With my first pregnancy we didn't learn of the loss until we went in for my first appointment and ultrasound at nearly 9weeks. There was no heartbeat and the baby measured only 7w2d. That's when I realized that around 7 weeks I had started to feel better, no sickness, more energy. It was my first pregnancy and, honestly, MC hadn't even crossed my mind.  I was completely blindsided. Now, I notice everything and I have been doing a pretty good job of not freaking out about little things. But today is really really rough. I'm so scared. Today marks exactly 3weeks from when I O'ed, so I want to go home and take a weeks-estimator hpt to see if it says 3+ weeks, but I should probably give it another day or two. I just hate that there is nothing I can do...

I'm sorry for the sad pity-party that this post is, but I just don't know who else to tell about my fears. Thanks. 

--UPDATE--

I got my test results today, my HCG level was 29,983. The doctor called me today to let me know that these results looked good and that my levels were progressing enough for her. Now I have my first ultrasound in 1 week! I'm so excited! 

I still have the fear in the back of my mind (this ultrasound will be at 7w1d, and our first baby stopped growing at 7w1d), but I am still excited that things are looking good so far. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Scaring myself with the loss of symptoms ***TW*** UPDATE

• I'm sorry you are feeling so stressed. The best advice can get is to just breathe and take it one minute at a time. 
  • Thank you @June2016BabyW I do need to just breath and try to get on with my day. There is nothing I can do (especially at work) that will change what is happening if anything is even happening. All I can change is my actions and state of mind. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sometimes having symptoms doesn't always mean that everything is going great with the pregnancy unfortunately. I had a missed miscarriage so I still had all my symptoms but the baby was gone and my body didn't realize it. I know it is hard but every day you just have to keep saying- I am pregnant today, until you know that you are not. I am only 4 weeks but I am just really trying to stay positive at this point- that this pregnancy is different. 
  • I'm so sorry you are feeling anxious. Those first few weeks are so hard. Do you think you could call your on office and explain what's going on and ask for some beta draws? My office doesn't usually do them but I asked for peace of mind and they had no problem with it. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Agree with PP to go ahead and ask for some beta draws. I did that with my pregnancy after my loss and it helped a lot to ease my fears in the weeks before my first appointment. Also, I'm not sure if this is an option for you but my doctor offered an ultrasound for pregnancies after a loss at 6 weeks. It wouldn't hurt just to ask if there's anything they can do to help you ease fears. Thoughts and prayers for you! 
  • Thank you @ceclarlinetlo and @tennisbabymama

I just called my OB and she is out of the office this month, but one of her colleagues will see me on friday for an "office visit." I told them I am nervous since I have had 3 early losses, so hopefully when I go in for the office visit they will draw some beta. Because this particular doctor hasn't seen me before the scheduler was giving me a some push back when I asked how i would get the second test done on a sunday. I'm a little frustrated but at least I can go in and see a doctor this week. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry pgal is such a stress fest! You can actually get your own betas drawn yourself through requestatest.com. Its $40 and you get the results the same day if you want immediate numbers (get quantitative.) I did that early on since I didn't have an appointment untill 11weeks. I'm almost 30weeks now and things are going well. Good luck mama!
  • @createillumination  Wow! I had not heard of requestatest.com before. Thanks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was convinced that I was losing this pregnancy three times. First around 4 wks because my symptoms went away, then around 5 wks because I had cramps and cervical pressure/pinching, then at 10 wks because I was spotting. Multiple losses can really mess with your head. Try not to read too much into it for now. Fingers crossed for you!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I requested to know my HCG levels two weeks before my appt to calm my nerves. The nurse was more than understanding. If your doc office aren't showing empathy to your situation then I would find an OB's office that is more understanding. I lost my daughter at 32 weeks, and my OB even said she expects me to be nervous and is more than understanding. I'm so sorry for all your losses, just try and relax because getting worked up doesn't help the baby either. I'm measuring two weeks behind what we thought I should be, and thought it was strange that my symptoms were being so wonky. Every pregnancy is so different. This is my third and already it's been an entirely different experience than with my other two. I'll be praying it is all okay and this will be your miracle baby. Please keep us updated. Please do not lose hope. After five miscarriages on the 6th try my in laws I had my husband. Positive thoughts, prayers, and vibes being sent your way.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Were you able to see the doctor on Friday? I'm crossing my fingers that you did and everything has continued to go well!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thank you @bdesterhouse and @AlwaysAuntNeverMom

I was able to see my OB's partner, since my OB is out until August. I didn't like her as much as my regular OB, when I told her that I O'ed 14 days after my miscarriage (I usually O on CD12) she just said, "are you sure you were pregnant?" Ugh, yes, I know that people doesn't always O so close to their normal date or even at all the first cycle after a MC, but it was my 3rd MC and I triggered 4 HPTs (3 different brands) over the span of 3 days. I was pregnant. She was making me feel stupid and that's not what I went in there for. Anyway, she ordered the blood tests for me and I took my first on Friday. My HCG level was 12,190. I think that's pretty good for 5w3d. I took my 2nd test today (6w0d), so I should get those results tomorrow or Thursday. 

My symptoms are still coming and going, but thanks to you all of you on TheBump, i'm able to be more calm about it and just think positively because, like you all say, every pregnancy is different and we just need to stay positive. Thanks everyone for the support! I hope to keep giving more positive updates! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited July 2016
    @GoldenTMama those are great numbers! I'm crossing my fingers that they keep going up. I felt my symptoms come and go in the beginning too and freaked myself out because of the previous loss. One day around 5 weeks, I just felt like I had no breast tenderness and no symptoms at all. I would get headaches and be soooo thankful for them but would panic when they'd go away. A few days later, my breast tenderness came back with a vengeance! 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @GoldenTMama. Hooray!  Glad your numbers are looking good.  I know it's hard not to shake the fear, every bit of good news helps!
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @GoldenTMama - I'm so glad your numbers are climbing! And don't take that OB's comment too personally. It took 2 months after my MMC/d&e for my hcg to drop, so some people do get false positives soon after. I'm sure she didn't think you were stupid.

I hope things continue to go well!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @GoldenTMama how did your ultrasound go?  I'm so happy to log on and see that you are now on this board.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Awesome! That's great news!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• @GoldenTMama  She is doing great!!  15 wks last Saturday.  It really is fun.  I hope you don't mind that I'm attaching a picture.  Sorry the picture is huge I can't figure out how to shrink it.  I'm thinking of you!!

• @bntfroggie She is beautiful! I'm so glad that you shared a photo! She looks like such a happy little baby. I'm so happy for you and your HD. I can't wait to join you in parenthood. Thank you for your thoughts! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck @GoldenTMama! I'm glad you get to have some peace of mind soon. There's nothing like having a good u/s past your loss milestone.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• Horray!!