September 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Didn't see this started yet, figured I'd go for it :)
wtf confused thinking are you kidding me olivia de havilland

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    Since I got pregnant, I treat myself to half-caf from Starbucks once or twice a week. I'm pretty sure the woman working the drive through gave me skim milk instead of cream today. THIS IS NOT OKAY.
  • Options
    I have a nasty headcold.  It's July and it's HOT out.  How does this happen?  I'm miserable and stuffy and can't hear because my ears are blocked and it's now settling in my chest so it burns when I cough.  I was trying to avoid meds but think I waited too long and now I'm chasing this cold instead of getting out ahead of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did the math on out of pocket costs for delivery and if we deliver at our hosp and have private room it's $1650. If we have shared room it's $600. Both for 3 nights. I'm so glad I've been saving up just in case for random bills. This is ridiculous 

• Options
    My heart rate has reallly gone up at my last 2 appointments. I was usually in the low 80s and now I'm at 100. My blood pressure is fine. I don't know what to do about it, but it worries me! I have no other symptoms to be worried about aside from it being hard to breathe, but that's just a third trimester thing!! Ugh!!
  • Options
    WTF @drmh22 ! Why did you mention Oreos?!? Now I want some and I don't have any. WTF work and your healthy initiatives? You took all the cookies and candy bars out of the vending machines so I can't indulge in afternoon junk food cravings.

• Options
    WTF 6-year-olds?! You spend the past two nights with your Mimi and she raves about how helpful and wonderful you've been. But when you get home, all you've got for me are attitudes, eye-rolling and general jerky behavior. I suggest you both watch out because the next time you roll your eyes at me, I'm going to smack them right out of your heads! Raaaawwwwrrrrr!!!!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @COmama87 seriously?! Who does that?! I swear there is always that one person in the workplace who gets off on ruining things for other people.
  • Options
    @COmama87 Wow. Good thing your coworker isn't on this BMB because that UO of theirs would get a bunch of us banned. 
  • Options
    Ugh right?! I wish it wasn't anonymous voting so I could:
    A.) Say this to them

And B.) When Friday rolls around and there are snacks in the break room...

• Options
    @yellowrose314 Yay for your mom! Teenagers are cruel assholes. They'll learn eventually. But yeah, glad your mom spoke up on your behalf and sorry you had to deal with that.

• Options
    @yellowrose314 That is so rude! Glad your mom laid it down for them. Commenting on the bodies of pregnant ladies should be illegal. "You look great!" is all we should ever hear! Pregnant mamas in a bikini make me happy, rock it girl. 
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 my stomach turned. I don't understand how people can be so awful. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ThscaryThscary member
    edited July 2016
    WTF husband who thought it would be a good idea to scare me at 10:30 pm

He was at his parents and told me he was staying over there. He decided to come home but didn't tell me. I woke up to dog jumping at the bedroom door and then noticed the door knob was moving. I said "who's there" and got no answer but the door knob kept twisting and the dog was going nuts (and not in a good way). I am now freaking out, because a break in is actually my worst fear, especially when I'm home alone. I crawled across the bed to where the gun is when he finally said "IT'S ME" because he could hear that I was near the gun.

seriously, WTF dude. 

• Options
    @Thscary I'm sorry I totally just had a chuckle. I'm also 150% scared of home invasions so I'd be reaching for a gun too !
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Megan324 the Brinks home security commercials from the 90s ruined me
  • Options
    WTF at FI who just threw all of his pillows off the bed and is now sleeping in a position that I know will hurt his neck.  Now I have to wake him up so he won't be bitching all day about it hurting lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Shiva14Shiva14 member
    edited July 2016
    @Thscary I would probably have yelled bit, not going to lie. That's a safety hazard too if you are gun owners and he's making you think there's a break in! I'm glad he realized what you were going for and fessed up. Men! They never think things through. 

Edited because gun, not *fun*, although I hope you are also fun owners ;)
  • Options
    I know it's Thursday, but WTF people who decided to steal our card number and go on a $300 shopping spree at GameStop 3 days before my son's birthday?! I'm grateful we have an easy access safety net in our savings accouny while we wait a week for the bank to dispute the charges, but that was not a fun realization to have at 8 am!!
  • Options
    Ugh!!! People can be real ass hats! I'm so sorry @Shiva14! I'm glad you have a safety net though!

• Options

@UnwritteN12 has @seitzy3 picture! WTF bump??
  • Options
    @Shiva14 that is awful. I hope the bank fixes it for you quickly and with no hassle :(

Regarding your reply from last night, you are right. Sometimes I don't know what that man is thinking. He's lucky I'm proficient enough to not have done anything stupid. 

@MrsVoorhees that happens to me all the time on mobile and I get so confused. I usually look at the picture for recognition before the username so that always throws me off
  • Options
    Seriously?! Weird. It took me a second to realize what was going on....I'm all, "What did I do??" LoL

• Options
    WTF to the two teenagers beside me at the beach today, who very loudly commented that it was "weird" that a pregnant lady like me was wearing a bikini. "I wouldn't want my stretch marks out like that, like gross" "I know, I mean obviously she doesn't take care of herself..."
    First time in a long time I've worn a bikini because my belly was so white compared to the rest of me it was BLINDING, and honestly tankini's are just not comfy anymore, nor do they really cover my belly anyways but who the eff says that?! I didn't have it in me to say anything, but my mom who was with me leaned over and said, "Both of you are in for a crazy reality check in about 10 years. You won't be able to get by on your looks forever." 
    I got a lot of looks too for wearing a bikini on the beach (and I'm pretty sure at least one SnapChat). I say we look damn good for being this far along and at least we now have tan bellies :)
  • Options
    @Thscary wow I was just legitimately scared reading your post even though I knew how it ended!! Ahhhhh would've flipped out....
  • Options
    geminigirl16geminigirl16 member
    edited July 2016
    @Shiva14 I hope your bank resolves the dispute and refunds your money ASAP.

The same thing happened to me last month. When I opened the statement to pay I thought my payment was unusually high. I checked my charges and my card had been used to purchase $680 at a t-shirt printing company in California 10 or so days prior.

Thankfully the bank refunded my money but asked me at the same time if I wanted to be set up on direct debit to have my monthly payment just pulled from my bank account each month. Ummmmm....no!? Not when erroneous charges are being made and their fraud detection detection department doesn't catch it. 

Edit: bank not back