Pregnant after IF

Feeling overwhelmed?

I am so excited to have a baby on the way after what I've been through and all of the obstacles I've encountered while trying to get pregnant. Yesterday was one of the first days I felt extremely overwhelmed by the idea that a baby is on the way. Because I'm a teacher and I'm only working part time this summer, I've been trying to do a lot of planning now while I can. Since I've had some bleeding the last 4 weeks and it's hot outside, I am doing a lot of shopping and research from the computer. Once I start working full time, I'm not going to have the same time I have now. So I'm trying to get my registry together, pick out furniture for the nursery, search for daycare (for when I go back to work after the maternity leave), and look for a pediatrician. These are not the kinds of things I want to choose quickly, so I'm getting names of doctors now. I also have to start clearing out the room that will become the nursery. DH can't do it because it has all of my personal things. I stopped once I started having the bleeding issues. I think I can do a little bit at a time now, and I really want to do it now while I am able to.

On top of that, Jewish people often have a bris for boys on their 8th day. Although we might wait for another confirmation from the doctor before telling others, we basically know it's a boy. I was feeling overwhelmed by the idea of having a party 8 days after my c-section. I was having bad memories of how I felt forgotten about after our wedding, while everyone was changing and I was stuck with a cart of food and the all of the gifts for about 20-30 minutes standing there exhausted. I didn't want to leave the gifts and money for someone to steal.  Because of that bad memory I got an overwhelming feeling where I imagine myself watching the baby and I need help with the baby or I need something for myself and everyone is busy socializing. Realistically, I know this won't be the case. When I had a similar surgery last year, I was able to do a lot of things myself, and I know a lot of people will be paying attention to the baby and will be asking if I need help with anything.  

Anyway, all of these things started hitting me at once and it was the first time my excitement turned into an overwhelming feeling. Although I know there will be more moments like this, I would much rather feel overwhelmed by something happening and going through a life change than feeling stressed wondering if I'll ever be pregnant. I just have to put things in perspective. While I was freaking out a little bit leading DH to go to another room (leaving me to feel even more alone in this), I later told him that I was just feeling overwhelmed and I'm really going to need help when it comes to picking out the furniture and when we have the bris. He was more understanding and we were able to enjoy time together after that planning out our FB announcement.

What has been stressing you out? 

Re: Feeling overwhelmed?

• Wow, just by reading it I wanted to shout 'breath, remember to breath' which is so much easier when one is on the outside and just reading it. 
    I do hope you find your balance.
    Yes do get DH involved in the furniture picking and bris. Maybe you can ask a friend too to help you out? Just ask in advance. We often forget people are happy to hand a helping hand.

Im stressing about my move. It all is happening so suddenly and fast. Here I thought I would be living in Norway, yet homesick kicked my arse, redundancy offers got thrown around and I thought. Let's apply for one and move countries.
    Got the apartment ready for sale (my real estate guy thought it was good to move it one week ahead) for which I thankfully was ready. Sold my apartment within a week!! Lots of stress left there and then. Have this weekend and next week to pack it all...boy do I have a lot of stuff! 
    Would ask friends, but I'm a control freak and need to know what is where..on top of it I need to get rid of stuff I don't use as I have tons of those. 
    Then 3 week holidays at my mums to find a place to live, find out how moving back to NL works, and then move all my stuff (don't know where to...guess my mum and sister will have to make space) 
    Then one more month work and then fly/move with 35 weeks. Hopefully to a new house, and start getting that nursery ready.
    I guess I should breath too :open_mouth: 
    just writting this down makes me think I'm nuts and want to go to bed and wake up when baby is due and all sorted out :)
    Im lucky though that my mum, stepdad and sister are doing lots in NL. So I just need to show up at appointments and show my ID, while they organise and fix. Even my great stepdad is driving (poor guy) all the way to Norway and back to pick up all my stuff! I owe him bigtime!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @tvh1982 where in NL will you live? I know a few people in Dordrecht. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If all goes as planned I'll be moving to Gemert, a small ass town close to Eindhoven. It's about 1 and 20 min from Dordrecht.. A little lower and more to the German boarder.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers