August 2016 Moms
Options

Transverse baby.

Hey ladies, 
so I haven't been to active this time around but I was wondering if anyone else has had a transverse baby at or past 37 weeks flip?
my doctor is so laid back which I love but she doesn't discuss anything with me at all and I'm beginning to get concerned that I can't get him to flip. He's been this way since 31 weeks.
everything I read online ( I know take with a grain of salt ) says that it can cause for a C-section if he doesn't flip.
i plan to talk to her tomorrow about manually flipping him ( has anyone had this done??) 

Re: Transverse baby.

• Options
    No personal experience, but have you tried the tricks from the spinning babies website?  I know people who have had success with lying upside down on an ironing board leaned against the couch.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    I've been doing the techniques they suggest since week 34 and no luck in turning him yet. 
    That sounds interesting! Suppose I could try that tonight! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is likely a reason he won't flip. It could be anything from a short umbilical cord to just not enough room. My son was breech and I tried everything to get him to flip. When I talked to my doc about a version, she said if he hadn't flipped back and forth at that point, it was unlikely to be successful. She was right-I ended up having a septum in my uterus which was preventing him from flipping. I had a c-section and it was fine. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How do you know if the baby is transverse? The movement I feel this time around is Soo different and I feel like baby might be sideways....
  • Options
    @texasmama2014
    i had an ultrasound to see, but this time around I knew something was different bc of where the movement was. 
    His head in on my left by my hip so I always feel pressure there and all the kicks are to the right.