Infertility

Hello, I'm new here.

JAH87JAH87 member
edited July 2016 in Infertility
Hello my name is Julia. My DH and I got married April 23, 2016. I have pcos. I'm 28 (29 in December) and he will be 31 next month. we figured we would have some trouble ttc since we havent been doing any prevention for a year and it hasn't happened, so we went and spoke with my OB, she started me on metformin 2x's a day with food and No matter what I did it made me physically sick, so I stopped taking it. Went back to see my OB and she put me on metformin extended release, she didn't have high hopes for it and She said to go see a RE. The metformin extended release still made me feel like crap and VERY nauseous so I stopped taking it also.  We went July 12th for our consultation with the RE, the Dr came up with a plan and we have started our first iui this month using Femara and orvidrel trigger shot. I don't have periods on my own so I have to take progesterone for 10 days each month. I was put on it for June 1st-10th and had a pretty normal period even though I hadn't had one in 6 months. I took it again July 1st-10th and this period was really light but the timing worked great for starting our iui. I started my period and 3 days in I took the Femara for 5 days. I went in this past Tuesday the 26th for an ultra sound and my follicles were still all small, my body didn't respond to the drug. I'm takin the Femara again this week but in stead of just 2 pills a day I'm taking 3 pills. I go back in on August 2nd for another ultra sound to check my follicles, I'm so afraid my body isn't going to respond to this dosage either.

I'm really open about our infertility with our friends and family but it's still hard because they don't understand it. I'm the middle child, my older brother has 3 boys and wasn't even around for the first 2 after they were born, and they were just each others booty call. My younger sister has a daughter and is pregnant now with a boy due early October. Although she is married they don't live a stable life and they live with her MIL.  I find it really hard to be happy for her and want to celebrate, she announced this pregnancy in the middle of my wedding festivities. I'm expected to help throw a shower for her but that's the last thing I want to do right now.

Thank you for listening, I look forward to hearing from you and being apart of the bump community. 

Re: Hello, I'm new here.

• Welcome! I hope your stay here is short and that your PCOS doesn't hold you back from having the family you desire!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• JAH87JAH87 member
    Thank you.