January 2017 Moms
Options

Lightning crotch

I really hope I'm the only one experiencing this right now because it is awful!
I don't remember getting this until around 35 weeks with dd so I had completely forgotten about it until my friend reminded me what it's called.

Literally feels like I've been kicked in the crotch, like holy f*ck! Being pregnant actually sucks...jk I love it

Re: Lightning crotch

• Options
    Not yet over here. Godspeed, friend. 
  • Options
    I started having this a couple of days ago out of nowhere. I was completely unprepared for how strong it is. Seriously hoping it's not SPD. After spending so much time using an Elvie before getting pregnant and doing so many weighted squats in the gym, it just seems like such a slap in the face.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been having a rather tough day, today.  I was getting really worked up with an intense fight with my mother. Let's just put it this way, she's bananas and it's going to give me a lot of grief when this baby is born. So she was saying the most awful stuff to me, today.  After I tabled the conversation, I was cramping all day.  I'm not spotting, at all... knock on wood/ but while I was laying on my back, I felt an electric pain shoot from my insides, it made me jump of the couch.  I only had it once, and the cramping is starting to subside, so I don't think I will call my doctor.  After reading this, I felt very relieved, because this could be a totally normal thing.
  • Options
    I had SPD bad with my last pregnancy and it's already started this time. Not sure if it's the same as lightning crotch but man, it sure is hard to walk already. Not a good sign for months to come lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD: 10.9.13 [38+4] - EDD 10/19/13
    DS1: 3.18.15 [36+0] - EDD 04/15/15
    DS2: EDD: 1.19.17

• Options
    I got this yesterday while I was driving . Like a spike of electricity hitting my pelvic bones, went on for about 15 mins, not nice! X 
  • Options
    What is SPD? I feel like I've been riding a horse or a bike every time I stand up. It's weird.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @carly79 I googled it and cried quietly to myself. 

I had actually heard about this before, but didn't know that's what it was called. It sounds absolutely god awful. 
  • Options
    @LoneStar21416 I just googled it, that does not sound good at all. I'll take my bike riding like soreness and be good :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    christac1010christac1010 member
    edited July 2016
    I thought maybe I was just having different RLP, but it feels like I've been riding a bike. It randomly comes and goes throughout the day. The worst part has to be not facially reacting when it happens. Pregnancy is so weird. 

ETA because spelling is hard. 
  • Options
    I get lightning crotch so bad (like 4-6 shooting pains in a row usually) that I have to stop what I'm doing for that second. Which is REALLY weird for me, I have a pretty high pain tolerance (my chiro jokes that I'm Darkman because I come in all "oh I feel great, maybe a little tight here" and he finds outrageous things happening in my spine that should've benched me lol) 
  • Options
    ** lurking from February 2016 **

Oh ouch! It has already started here... I actually called my midwife at 10 or so weeks when it started because I was so surprised. I only remember it happening a handful of times in my first pregnancy and it was definitely in the third trimester!

I agree pregnancy is so weird! And the second feels even weirder to me, it's so different!!
  • Options
    I've already been getting that for about 2 weeks (16 weeks now). I don't remember getting it quite this early last time. Ugh!
  • Options
    newyearsbaby5newyearsbaby5 member
    edited July 2016
    um WHAT was that. lightning crotch is real. wow. 

ETA: I just read that this could be caused by the baby moving around and putting pressure on nerves that cause the pain. it made me hate the lightning crotch a bit less... sometimes  I forget there is actually a baby in there! 
  • Options
    I just read the same thing and it made it less annoying.. It's really only annoying because I have to remember where I am/who I'm in front of to not react to it!
    BabyFruit Ticker