February 2017 Moms

UO (7/28)

I didn't see this thread started yet so here we go! 

First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: UO (7/28)

• jab3-2jab3-2 member
    Not an opinion but probably as unpopular as it gets. I hate coffee. Love coffee coolattas and coffee ice cream yeah yeah I know it doesn't really count haha but I'm just not a fan of actual coffee. It's not just the taste, but the fact that it does nothing for me as far as giving me an energy boost. Maybe I should have saved this for tomorrow...
  • Loading the player...
  • In light of yesterday's conversation: I'm sorry, you guys. I tried. I really did. But I hate the Gilmore Girls with a livid, raging passion. 
    I've never watched. 
  • In light of yesterday's conversation: I'm sorry, you guys. I tried. I really did. But I hate the Gilmore Girls with a livid, raging passion. 
    I have never seen this show.  Was this during the Buffy era?  I'm more of a Buffy girl.

• Jab3 said:
    Not an opinion but probably as unpopular as it gets. I hate coffee. Love coffee coolattas and coffee ice cream yeah yeah I know it doesn't really count haha but I'm just not a fan of actual coffee. It's not just the taste, but the fact that it does nothing for me as far as giving me an energy boost. Maybe I should have saved this for tomorrow...
    Coffee= life. 
  • @Gingersnap I'm sorry, but I can't love you anymore. PUMPKIN IS EVERYTHING!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • poofwokpoofwok member
    edited July 2016
    In light of yesterday's conversation: I'm sorry, you guys. I tried. I really did. But I hate the Gilmore Girls with a livid, raging passion. 
    I have never seen this show.  Was this during the Buffy era?  I'm more of a Buffy girl.
    I LOVE Buffy! 

It it was around the same time, yes. Gilmore girls ran from 2000 to 2007 I believe. 

In relation to this topic, I guess my UO is that I don't care for supernatural. I never got past the first season and never got what the hype was about...other than the good looking guys.
  • I'm with @Gingersnap - I hate pumpkin flavored things.  Except for pumpkin beer.  I love pumpkin beer.  So i guess this fall will be pumpkin-free for me.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • I love many pumpkin beers, but they need to be well-balanced and not make you feel like you're having nutmeg and cinnamon shoved down your throat.  Dogfishhead Punkin is great, as is Southern Tier Pumking.  I'm over the Shipyards.  

In general pumpkin flavors are great in moderation, but the obsession with pumpkin spice lattes is a bit much.  I do love cooking with real live pumpkins.  I make fresh pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and it's probably my best baking skill.  One of my savory specialties is pumpkin mushroom risotto.  Tasty stuff!

So, guess my UO is that I often do like pumpkin, usually, despite the fact that many to most are getting sick of it.  I LOATHE artificial French Vanilla flavors, so if that's how you all feel about fake pumpkin, I totally get it.  
  • BUFFY IS LIFE. 
    I've never watched. 
    Same.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • @Xstatic3333 - you just named my two favorite pumpkin beers - Punkin and Pumking. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @Xstatic3333 - you just named my two favorite pumpkin beers - Punkin and Pumking. 
    Beer buddies! High five!
  • I hate the flavor of almond extract, which may not sound like much of an UO.  But, I swear that in Pittsburgh, so many of the cakes available are almond flavored.  A lot of bakeries are most famous for their almond tortes, etc...  And I just want plain vanilla!

Also, missing out on pumpkin beer this year makes me sad.  My group of friends even did a pumpkin beer exchange party last year...  Think they'd age well till February?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not a beer drinker, and this is probably going to make me sound like I have a problem, but I love putting pumpkin liquor instead of creamer in my morning coffee in the fall and winter. I'm definitely going to miss that.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• I love Gilmore Girls. I hate coffee (it's the taste); however, I love tiramisu! Not a fan of pumpkin flavored/scented things except pumpkin pie. I LOVE pumpkin pie.
    Beer buddies! High five!
    @Xstatic3333 as always, your beer tastes are impeccable. Try to get your hands on some Hardywood Farmhouse Pumpkin this year (I can help with that if you're interested...). It comes out right in season, not early like a lot of the fake pumpkin crap, and it is magical. 
  • MLRocha said:
    I hate the flavor of almond extract, which may not sound like much of an UO.  But, I swear that in Pittsburgh, so many of the cakes available are almond flavored.  A lot of bakeries are most famous for their almond tortes, etc...  And I just want plain vanilla!

Also, missing out on pumpkin beer this year makes me sad.  My group of friends even did a pumpkin beer exchange party last year...  Think they'd age well till February?

SITB

Yes, for the most part.  Go for smaller breweries that use less/no preservatives.  And I think bottles age better than cans.  @MonaLisaRalphio do you have any info about aging cans?  This has been heavy on my mind since I have a trip to VT planned for October and there's lots I'd love to stock up on.
  • @Xstatic3333 in my experience, cans age just fine. Most pumpkin beers are saisons, which should be aged in a cool, dark place (preferably a refrigerator). 
  • @Xstatic3333 in my experience, cans age just fine. Most pumpkin beers are saisons, which should be aged in a cool, dark place (preferably a refrigerator). 
    Thanks! Pumpkin stouts are getting pretty big around here too. Very tasty stuff when done properly. 
  • Great. Now I am craving beer. 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

I've been craving beer more than anything else. Last night I sat in my favorite craft beer joint and sulked while my best friend crushed three beautiful beers. It was torture. 
    I have a sip of my H beer at night. 
    I've been craving beer more than anything else. Last night I sat in my favorite craft beer joint and sulked while my best friend crushed three beautiful beers. It was torture. 
    In the fall/winter we do "beer Sunday" a couple of times on football days. Beer butt chicken, beer cheese, beer bread, beer battered onion rings. Oh I can't wait for "Beer Sunday".

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @concreteangell we can't be friends if you don't like Supernatural. Although I will admit, season 1 was a little rough. It gets much better once S2 starts.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
    I have a sip of my H beer at night. 
    Me too. It's not cutting it, though!
  • I love Gilmore Girls and Buffy.   I love pumpkin spice coffee, creamer, bread,Eggo waffles and beer.  I do not like the pumpkin everything you can think of craze.  I think I like the pumpkin because of the spices, yum nutmeg and cloves. 

We don't have Netflix, so I am always one of the only people not watching series that are Netflix only.   I think we may be the last holdouts, but with the Gilmore Girls thing I am tempted to at least try it.

Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Partyof6? We don't have Netflix either! They do eventually put their shows on DVD, so we see no need to pay for it.
  • I'm currently binging Gilmore girls today. I still love this show. It's where my love for Melissa McCarthy happened. 

My UO is I really dislike the taste of almost all beers. The thought of beer makes my stomach churn right now.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • My UO: We do not drink any alcohol, ever. Partly due to religious reasons, and partly because I don't really see the benefit. 
  • Normally, I don't mind beer at all and will enjoy one on a hot day but when pregnant, I can't even smell it. If I smell it off H's breath, I ask him to brush his teeth because it makes me so nauseous. 

I really wish I could enjoy a few sips of wine but I'm way too paranoid. I can never talk myself into it.
    In the fall/winter we do "beer Sunday" a couple of times on football days. Beer butt chicken, beer cheese, beer bread, beer battered onion rings. Oh I can't wait for "Beer Sunday".
    I feel like some of those things might be ok for you? Like as long as it's a small amount of alcohol and/or it cooks off?
  • @Xstatic3333 yes to cooking with pumpkin! That risotto sounds tasty. 

I love Gilmore Girls, I love fall, I love coffee. I love Target. I drive a minivan. I look best as a blonde. 

^^^ my UO is that sometimes I look at the surface of my life and feel the need to justify that I'm still an interesting, not-completely-basic person. I feel like my identity has really suffered due to stress and momlife, and my insecurities have doubled with this pregnancy. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • poofwokpoofwok member
    edited July 2016
    I don't really like attending baby showers and I usually won't attend if invited unless the person is a close friend or relative. Sorry but I'm not spending my money on a gift for your child unless I know you will be sincerely appreciate and you aren't just inviting me to get more shit. 
    My DH and I are attending his close friend and gf's shower mid August and yesterday the chick posted on fb reminding everyone invited to rsvp and mentioned she is checking her registry regularly and hasn't noticed any recent purchases in a "joking" manner. Like really? To be that blatantly gift grabby that just pissed me off and I really don't wanna buy her anything. 
    Ew, that's so tacky. 

An acquaintance of mine organized her own baby shower through Facebook. She didn't bother making a registry yet she was asking for 40$ per attendance.
    LOL