Secondary IF
Options

New to this board!

Hi! Looking for advice! I was wondering if anyone has tried the generic version of chlomid you can supposedly get OTC. I was told by my OB in October of last year that I would be on it by the next cycle if I didn't get a positive because bloodwork showed my progesterone levels were low  but I ended up getting a positive. I miscarried in January and DH and I have been TTC since (after waiting for normal cycle to return). So not sure how to do the math with including the short pregnancy and my cycle to return back to normal but we started trying 13 months ago. I read all over online that you can get generic chlomid without a prescription. Normally I wouldn't even bother to consider getting it with out a prescription but my husband got a new job in the end of January and we relocated in March. So our new insurance kinda sucks when it comes to fertility help. I would have to get all new bloodwork which took 3 cycles last time and I haven't nailed down an OB yet. Not to mention new insurance would require me to pay for all that lab work this timeIt crushes me to think I will have to wait like another 6 months to establish a new OB, convince them I need help, go through bloodwork and then have them prescribe me chlomid. So I'm considering going for it. Any thoughts? 
Me: 27
DH: 28
Married: August 2010
LO: July 2012
TTC #2 since: May 2015

Re: New to this board!

• Options
    I have never heard of getting OTC clomid in the US.  You can't even buy BCP OTC!
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    OTC clomid?? WHAT?? That can't be.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I have never heard of it. If you find an OB or an RE (recommended if you don't need a referral) you can always have your old records sent over so that you won't have to start from scratch. That might be able to direct your doc to certain tests instead of everything. Good luck. IF is expensive with little to no coverage.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Never heard of OTC clomid- that would be very dangerous, honestly
    image image