Trouble TTC

Estrogen Too High to Start Injectables

Today is my Day 3. So I went to my RE this morning for an ultrasound and blood work for a baseline to start Follistim tonight. The nurse called me and said my estrogen is too high to start (135) and to come in Saturday morning to check again. She said they did not see any cysts in the ultrasound. She said not to worry about it but I can't help but worry. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Estrogen Too High to Start Injectables

• I did this cycle! We were to start Gonal-f. Day 3 went in. Estrogen too high and saw one follie at 12mm. Doc called later that day and said I couldn't start injectables. Went in on cycle day 6 and estrogen still getting higher. Follie measuring 16mm. They called me back later that day and said my body was getting ready to ovulate. I had to go back the following day and they confirmed ovulation. They also said because my estrogen was so high I could have had a second follie on the left side, but they couldn't ever see my left ovary during ultrasounds.

Last month I didn't ovulate at all. This month my body is in overdrive. No wonder it's so hard to get KU.

Me: 30 DH: 33

Married: February 15, 2013

TCC: October 2013

MFI- low count/morphology

May / June 2016- Monitored cycle and TI- BFN

June / July 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #1- BFN

August 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #2-

•  @Plainjanie   I went back on Saturday and they told me the estrogen level had gone up again and they saw a 24mm follicle. They said I was getting ready to ovulate in the next day or two. I had no clue this was happening since I usually don't ovulate on my own! 

I did a progesterone blood test this morning so my RE can tell if I actually did ovulate. So now it's just a waiting game for those results and the end of my 2WW.
  • Loading the player...
  • @pupluv0410 FX for you!

I started gonal-f this cycle, currently on CD 12 this morning, and as of yesterday there were still no follicle measuring over 10mm. they just keep upping my dose of meds. I would just appreciate my body doing the same sort of thing every month instead of jumping back and fourth between over drive and not at all...

Me: 30 DH: 33

Married: February 15, 2013

TCC: October 2013

MFI- low count/morphology

May / June 2016- Monitored cycle and TI- BFN

June / July 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #1- BFN

August 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #2-

• pupluv0410pupluv0410 member
    edited July 2016
    Thank you. @Plainjanie I totally agree! Every month it's like a bad rollercoaster and I can't figure out where the next loop is. For this cycle, it turns out that I actually did ovulate on my own, (which is CRAZY!), so now I am waiting for my next cycle to start. I do not know exactly what day I ovulated but we are now 2 weeks and 2 days since the U/S with the 24mm follicle. :neutral:

Good luck with your cycle and meds! 
  • @pupluv0410 (is that your birthday? If it is we're twins lol] sorry I'm late to the party. My first round of ivf my estrogen was borderline high, and they were worried they would need to cancel.

The good news is that your estrogen can change month to month. Like, this month could be really high for some reason and the next month be normal. At least, that is what I was told :)

TTC since 2011

• @starlitfae Yes it is...'82  ;). Thank you. I actually got to start my Injectables yesterday. 
  • @pupluv0410 Ahhh  3 years apart!  I'm '85 :D  And I am glad you got to start them!

TTC since 2011

• @starlitfae Thank you. I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.