February 2017 Moms

F'17 Book Club: Let's Get This Going!

2»

Re: F'17 Book Club: Let's Get This Going!

• @GlitterDragon if you like sci-fi, you have to try Juliet Marillier! She has a few completed series out already. I believe most of her series are based on Celtic lore (which I love), but the Wolfskin series is based on Nordic lore also.

Strong female characters, historical, and they have a good romance line without being all about it.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • @GlitterDragon if you like sci-fi, you have to try Juliet Marillier! She has a few completed series out already. I believe most of her series are based on Celtic lore (which I love), but the Wolfskin series is based on Nordic lore also.

Strong female characters, historical, and they have a good romance line without being all about it.
    Sounds great thank you!

*runs off to search on kindle*
  • @tarheelbex I loved Slammed and Hopeless. Has she written more since those series? 
  • All the missing girls sounds good
  • @amotz777 she's written Maybe 5-6 others. One is in production to be made into a movie (Ugly Love), although I have to say that was one of my least favorite of hers. I really liked Confess, and her new one, It Ends With Us, is getting a lot of good hype and comes out next week.
    BabyFruit Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're y'all wanting to turn this into a monthly read to where we could vote like with our monthly sig. challenge? I had been wanting to bring it up in the thread the other day but couldn't remember if we had discussed this last month?

I'm so excited to see so many suggestions!!!! Finding my next book to read is always tough! I've actually just resumed the outlander series which I started during labor with DS. They're huge books and sometimes she can get a bit wordy, but I love the storyline.

I'm also one who likes a big variety, but historically based novels and magic/fairies/etc seem to be my favorites.
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    I'm so excited for this! Where do we vote? 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• I'm down! I need a good book!
  • @cjs260 I loooved the magicians and SUPER love the show even though it's way different. 

As for me..
    The next book in reading is the next Harry Potter book. So I may have to skip this one out. 
  • I think a book a month is reasonable.  Or maybe every two weeks? 

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • I vote a book every 3-4 weeks. I can read fast but not sure I could get one done in two weeks with the little one and husband working a lot. 
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    @PerraSucia Nice! I'm very much enjoying the books, so I was wondering about the show. I'll definitely give it a shot!

I like the book a month. I'm a quick reader, but I know that life will start to get busier for me in a month or so.   

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• I like book a month since I know I will fall asleep reading way more frequently right now.
  • I'm in!! I love true crime books. I have been reading several Harlen Coben books lately. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• I haven't read a book in an embarrassingly long time, so I'm in! 
  • A book a month is reasonable, whilst im a fast reader sometimes life just gets in the way
  • Hi all!! I'm in! I'm currently working on the Harry Potter series but I do have inferno on my nook. 
  • I agree with a book per month (we can always adjust if we pick out a longer or significantly shorter book).  Should we just go with a poll between the books that had the most interest so far or are we going to add some more?

• A book a month works for me. I usually read more than one book at a time so it can take me anywhere from a couple days to a month to get through it depending on how into it I am and how many other books I'm reading at the same time.
  • Question, because a lot of people have mentioned inferno, I googled it. It said that's it's 4th in a series. Those of you that read the others, would we need to be caught up on the first 3 for it to make sense, if we ended up going that route?

Also not sure what type of books people read in book clubs, I've never been in one, but these 2 are ones I'm currently putting on my list of books to read. 
    Things my girlfriend and I have argued about, a comedy novel by mil Millington
    Neverhome, by laird hunt. A novel about a woman who leaves her husband, disguises herself as a man and enlists in the army during the Civil War. Throughout the story her motives for doing so get revealed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think a book a month is reasonable! 2-3 weeks is probably do-able, but hell I can't make that kind of commitment because life happens. haha
  • A book a month works for me. I usually read more than one book at a time so it can take me anywhere from a couple days to a month to get through it depending on how into it I am and how many other books I'm reading at the same time.
    Same. I got this habit from my mom. She usually read like 3-4 at a time though & that's more storyline then I can handle! haha
  • @Xstatic3333 sounds good to me!

• Do it @Xstatic3333

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• You don't need to read the previous books for Dan Brown. I read book 3 first. They are all their own books. 
  • Good grief! I'm #17 in line at my library for the winning book. I normally read a book to see how well I like it before I buy, but I might be buying this one first
    Pregnancy Ticker