January 2017 Moms
Options

17 weeks today. Has time stopped??

4th pregnancy. Anyone else just wishing to get to the end already?? The novelty and charm was lost on kid 2 or 3.

Re: 17 weeks today. Has time stopped??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not prepared nor am I tired of being pregnant but man these last few weeks have draggedddddd
  • Options
    Only second pregnancy here, but it!/ going slow. I think it's because I knew  so early this time. I got a positive on the day of my missed period. Last time I was clueless for weeks. Lol
  • Options
    Time is going SO slowly!!!
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    Second pregnancy here and it feels like it's going so fast for me. With my first I felt like every day was dragging and I couldn't wait for her to get here.  Now I'm so use to sleeping in and relaxing that I'm not ready to give that up yet ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes! I'm only 13.5 weeks (STM). My first pregnancy seemed to fly by (but then I didn't find out until I was 8 weeks). This time I found out at 5 weeks, so even with just a 3 week difference, I feel like I've been pregnant forever already. Part of me wants it to hurry up, but then this will probably be my last, so I keep telling myself to enjoy it too.
  • Options
    2nd pregnancy and I'm in my 13rh week (found out at 3 weeks and 4 days!!!!) so I've known for 10 weeks now and I'm just kinda waiting for the exciting stuff. We don't need anything big so the stuff like doing the nursery and pulling down clothes to go through still seems like forever away. 
  • Options
    emy730emy730 member
    Oh my goodness, yes! This is my second and I've had a rough go of it so far (lots of puking and nausea all day long). I'm ready for the new baby to join my family.

Along that same vein, I also get incredibly sad at the thought of losing my one-on-one time with DD.

Honestly, if I felt better, I think this would be 100 times better and it would feel like it was moving normally to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My first tri FLEW by and I mean FLEW!!! But not these weeks are going so slow it's ridiculous! We have been trying 4 1/2 years for this baby and I am just so ready to hold her!!!
  • Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    For me first tri took forever but things seem to have picked up now in 2nd tri.  I think a lot of that has to do with feeling better so each day is not an eternity until bedtime, and the fact that things are moving along in ways I can see and feel (bump growing, finding out sex, etc).  I definitely don't have as much to do in terms of preparation this time around, but I also feel more confident in knowing what I (likely) will and will not need and am planning accordingly.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just hoping second tri lasts forever after a rough first tri.  I'm not quite ready to have a newborn yet so I'm just trying to savor feeling good and sleeping well for the next few months before things get tough again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed that time is at a stand still but I am enjoying every moment. Baby number #3 and still have all the charm here. Second tri always feels the longest and drags on and on.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD: 10.9.13 [38+4] - EDD 10/19/13
    DS1: 3.18.15 [36+0] - EDD 04/15/15
    DS2: EDD: 1.19.17

• Options
    I don't really feel pregnant and I keep forgetting about it. Obviously I don't completely forget, it's just rarely on my mind. Even with symptoms I'm like, why does my stomach feel so weird? Oh yeah, RLP.. And then I go on with my day.

Its flying by for me, but I think that's why. I hardly ever think about it. I agree the novelty was lost on the first two. Even when I do read the "what is baby doing this week" thing on tb, I actually remember some of it word for word lol. So I don't even read those anymore.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I actually can't really pinpoint how I'm feeling.  I thought the first trimester was an eternity.  I feel like that took for-ev-er.  Now, at 17 weeks, I feel like things are picking up a little bit.  I think time has felt like it's passed more quickly because I've had more doctor visits, my quad screen, etc.  At the same time, I feel like @dinozaur in that I am itching for that time when I won't feel like people are wondering if I'm just heavier or pregnant.
  • Options
    aishmcaishmc member
    My pregnancy has been pretty rough, so I'm just trying to get through until January.  I would love to just fast forward and have my baby here with me.  

I really hate when people tell me that I shouldn't want to already have the baby with me because I'll never sleep, but I have had insomnia for years and it's even worse now that I'm pregnant.  

• Options
     I have ALWAYS despised when people would say that to me! I never felt confident during my first pregnancy to say what I always say now but now i know it's true x2:
    hands down any day I would rather be awake because I'm nursing/rocking/holding/soothing my baby to sleep in the middle of the night than awake because of pregnant insomnia, having to pee, being kicked in the ribs, Etc. all these people forget that especially in the end of pregnancy no one is sleeping anyways. I'd rather be up holding my baby! @aishmc
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    aishmcaishmc member
    Yes @scgirl6113. I think maybe people forget. I'm also just so excited to meet my baby. In the middle of the night I can cuddle and talk to the baby instead of just talking to myself/my tummy like I am now. When I'm delirious from lack of sleep I think I must look crazy.
  • Options
    Exactly what @Smiley-1980 said. I am running around after a toddler that I forget I'm pregnant 90% of the time. Every week I get the bump alert on how many weeks it's been I'm like "whhhhaaaat??" It's FLYING by. My first I had bleeding and I thought about and worried about my pregnancy every single moment of everyday so it was soooo slow. Very very different experience this time around.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's strange for me. Because I haven't told my coworkers yet, at work time is going SO SLOWLY and I forget I'm pregnant/ when I remember it feels like I have forever left. Then I get home and it's a completely different world where I'm researching products, reading blogs and trying to figure out how well be ready in the "short" amount of time left.

Maybe things will be different when I get to 20 weeks and let my coworkers know!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 17 weeks today. I found out when I was 4 weeks so it seems like forever ago. My first trimester flew by. But now that I know I've felt kicks (but not everyday) I get worried if I don't feel them. This is my third pregnancy. My last one ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks so I get worried about everything. It has been 14 years since my twins were born. This trimester has been going at snail speed. I want the third trimester to be here so I can feel kicks everyday and I'll have a better chance of hearing the heartbeat with a stethoscope. Believe me if you've gone through a loss everything scares you during the next pregnancy. Enjoy it all mamas! I'm trying to between the worries.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
     I have ALWAYS despised when people would say that to me! I never felt confident during my first pregnancy to say what I always say now but now i know it's true x2:
    hands down any day I would rather be awake because I'm nursing/rocking/holding/soothing my baby to sleep in the middle of the night than awake because of pregnant insomnia, having to pee, being kicked in the ribs, Etc. all these people forget that especially in the end of pregnancy no one is sleeping anyways. I'd rather be up holding my baby! @aishmc
    Yesssssssss.totally agree. This being my 4th the novelty has worn off for ne. I am not really enchanted by being pregnant. I am thankful i am and happy we had access to fertility drugs to make ot happen again. But id like my baby so we can settle into a new routine!
  • Options

First pregnancy, but I also feel like time is dragging. With still lingering morning sickness plus the ramping up of pelvic pain and indigestion, I can't help but think if I am this uncomfortable now, what is it going to feel like in a few months!? BUT I do try to take time to celebrate my ticker change each week and be thankful for another week baby is safely cooking along in there. I treat myself to a frozen yogurt or order a maternity top- just something small to celebrate another week. It also really helps that DH gets really excited about baby getting upgraded to a new fruit each week. (We usually refer to baby by the fruit name.)

• Options
    I read this quote and I don't remember who said it but I really like it: "Enjoy the fruits and storms of life's many seasons." So for me pregnancy is a season and there are sweet fruits to eat and trials to overcome. My pregnancy "season" will eventually pass and I will no longer get to taste the same sweet fruits or weather the same storms again. Once I have the baby, I will no longer get to feel the little flutters in my womb, I won't be able to put my hand on my abdomen and wonder at the idea of a life being formed inside, I won't see my body change and do amazing things that I never thought possible. On the other hand, I will also not feel nauseous all day long or avoid foods that I've loved my whole life (I miss you potatoes, salsa, and sweets!). Even if I get pregnant again, my pregnancy will be different because I will be older, I will have a child to take care of while pregnant, our financial situation may have changed so everything will be different.

Whether time is going fast or slow for you, just enjoy this season. Your baby will come and a new season in life will begin again. 
    What a great quote, it's so true.  This will probably be my last pregnancy so I'm trying to really take it all in.  With my daughter I always felt I would get to have another child so I could do it all again so it wasn't such a bittersweet thing as it is now. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers