February 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (7/27)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (7/27)

• 13 weeks!

Lemon or peach

I have an appt today, actually. Hoping they can give me more answers to my random bleeding spells over the past week that sent me to the ER on Friday. 

I thought nausea was gone but threw up again last night!! Ughhhhh. Mostly headaches and general exhaustion. 

I really hate this heat we have going on. It's miserable. 

NYC!
  • 10 weeks!

Strawberry :) or, according to ovia, it's a little Lego man (DH likes that one better)

No appointment until next week

I finally have my appetite back! But the heartburn has definitely kicked in. And the fatigue. I'm kind of useless these days. 

All my clothes suck. They either don't fit or they just sit wrong. I haven't felt pretty in forever and it's a bit of a downer. 

My favorite vacation spot is Grand Turk (Turks and Caicos)

**Rant #2: my grandma bought the whole family a cruise at Christmas time (she bought it before my bfp) and one of the stops is Grand Turk. But I'll be 31 weeks by then, and the cruise line has a strict policy that no one past 24 weeks can go. 
    I cried. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 10 weeks!

How big is baby? Strawberry. Yum. 

Appointments this week? Nope, still a little less than 3 weeks until the NT scan. I have to prick my finger for the NY blood work tomorrow, though. 

Symptom changes? Much less nausea; much more fatigue. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just dying for the first tri to be over. 10 weeks is a great milestone, though, so I'm just trying to be excited about that and not worry about how far I have left to go. 

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot? We went on our honeymoon in Italy, and that was the best ever. But I guess I can't really do that all the time, sooo... pretty much anywhere with a beach. 
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks!

How big is baby? A lime

Appointments this week? None this week...August 1 though we have our NT scan. 

Symptom changes? Still food aversion after 2pm, but insane hunger until then. My coworkers are starting to joke about how much I'm eating in the morning (we're up to 3 breakfasts...). Fatigue is relenting a little, which is nice. One new symptom is gagging while taking my prenatals/brushing my teeth. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rave: I love our BMB.  

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot? Utah generally. We take a lot of road trips there and from the red rock/crazy rock formations in southern Utah to the beautiful lush green mountains in central Utah, you really can see a plethora of scenery and there is an activity for everyone. Also, it's incredibly ATV friendly. 
  • How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? Golden Snitch

Appointments this week? This afternoon! DH gets to meet my OB who will be delivering the baby and we will hopefully hear a heart beat

Symptom changes? I had mostly been just dry heaving from nausea but actually threw up yesterday and today. Also I've started waking up in the middle of the night to pee now... Sore boobs and food aversions still same as they've been.

I think the weird vivid dreams have started. Last night I dreamed I left DH while still pregnant to be a stripper... I have no clue where that came from at all!  

Rant/Rave/Questions? Our house offer was accepted! They were quite a bit after the 5pm deadline at getting back to us but accepted without any changes so we're happy. Now I'm trying to set up inspections! 

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot? Well I loved Jamaica where we went for our honeymoon, I wish we could live there. Sadly with baby and house and me most likely staying home we probably won't get to back for a long time but maybe for our 10 year anniversary or something! A girl can dream!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• How far along are you? 11 weeks today :)

How big is baby? baby is the size of a lime!

Appointments this week? no appointments this week- I have a 12 week appointment next Friday though

Symptom changes? they come and go as they please. The only real symptom I have is getting twinges of pain in my stomach if I bend over wrong. Otherwise I only get a sick feeling of I'm super hungry.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm out of town right now visiting a friend. I get to fly home today and I cannot explain how excited I am to get home and see my boys.

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot?I'm still trying to find one. My husband and I have been together eight years and we've never taken one together. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 10 weeks!

How big is baby? The size of a strawberry!

Appointments this week? Checking in with the OB on Friday, first time I am seeing him since my Ultrasound.

Symptom changes? Not really, everything seems copacetic.  

Rant/Rave/Questions? I got nothing.

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot? DH and I had a really great time in Turks and Caicos with my family twice, but I always had a soft-spot for Bermuda.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • krobkrob member
    How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? A lime or a brussel sprout. Seems so much bigger than the strawberry from a week ago. Or maybe I'm picturing a small strawberry and a big lime. 

Appointments this week? None. 2 next week to meet new OB and FTS

Symptom changes? Same. Exhausted all the time, not quite as nauseous. I haven't had to have as many gingerales. Last two days I have felt not what feels like cramping, more like pressure in my abdomen, but I don't know if it's growing, digestion or what.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Same rant as @sjackson408. My clothes!!!! Nothing looks right, at least not to me. I feel like a whale, and I know that there is way more to come for that feeling. I can't even make the attempt to put on makeup anymore. Looking forward to that cute bump and pretty glow. 

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot? Rio de Janeiro!!!!! I've been twice and it's one of my fave places on earth. It saddens me that it's getting such bad publicity for their lack of planning, infrastructure and finances for the Olympic Games. In a non-Olympic way it's a magical place. Gorgeous beaches and people, wonderful weather, laid-back culture, and once you get there CHEAP!!!!
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17

How big is baby? Strawberry

Appointments this week? Not till next week...  but, it will be a big one w/ hearing the heartbeat & genetic testing.

Symptom changes? Some symptoms are going away...  still tired most of the time, but feeling a little more like myself.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Can't actually think of anything this morning...  Kind of in a daze today.

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot? Costa Rica.  We went there on our honeymoon and have talked about going back for our 10 year anniversary (6 years from now, LOL).  Honestly, anywhere I could just lay around and read and snack whenever I wanted to sounds appealing right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 13 weeks

Peach

NT Scan in a few hours. I am nervous nervous nervous.

Exhaustion has subsided. RA has started acting up and my joints are swollen. I am missing ibproufen terribly.

Just sick of being in pain. Blah.

Israel. I went when I was 16. It was gorgeous and the streets smelled like fresh bread.
  • 13 weeks

Peach

Exhaustion has subsided. RA has started acting up and my joints are swollen. I am missing ibproufen terribly.

Israel. I went when I was 16. It was gorgeous and the streets smelled like fresh bread.
    @GlitterDragon I love Israel!  I have family that moved their when I was 15 so I've been their a few times.  They have the most amazing produce and their chocolate milk is better then ours for no explainable reason.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsDramaK said:
    13 weeks

Peach

@GlitterDragon I love Israel!  I have family that moved their when I was 15 so I've been their a few times.  They have the most amazing produce and their chocolate milk is better then ours for no explainable reason.
    That's awesome! Haha yeah the food in general was pretty incredible. When I went it was Purim (sp?). So I thought it was pretty cool I got to go out and drink at 16.
  • How far along are you? 12 weeks 4 days

How big is baby? a plum

Appointments this week? Friday-hope to hear the heartbeat again :) 

Symptom changes? morning sicking for the first time ever happened today. I feel like a bag of ass.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Why cant we have mandatory nap time at work????

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot?  The Florida Keys
  • joyful08joyful08 member
    edited July 2016
    How far along are you? 
    13 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Lemon

Appointments this week? 
    None for 3 more weeks

Symptom changes? 
    My nausea comes and goes. I'm still very tired though. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    My air conditioner is broken! The landlord better fix it tonight because this south Texas heat is awful! I can't take it much longer. 

GTKY: Where is you favorite vacation spot?
    Anywhere with a beautiful beach
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited July 2016
    How far along are you? 
    13 weeks (may change due date)

How big is baby? 
    lemon

Appointments this week? Just had my appointment this Tuesday. I did not have my doctor because she was pulled out, so I had the partner mid wife. It was nice meeting her since if my Dr is not available she is the  next on call person. She thinks I may be Jan 23, 2017 due date instead of Feb 1st based on ultra sounds, baby was looking more like a 14 week baby, but waiting for my doctor to confirm. I want to stay on this board though since I am just getting use to this board and do not want to change. Also in my family we have a history of being late, I was born one day from being a month late so I bet I will still be Feb. 

Symptom changes? Getting heart burn now.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  It is okay for me to stay, right? If my due date gets moved up. 

The cheep easy one for us is going up to my parent's house in the mountains. We go up there for all holidays and on weekend escapes. It is on Keystone Ski Resort golf course. I am right in the middle of Colorado Ski Country. My parents have a great view of mountains off their deck and the golf course becomes a sledding hill during the winter. During the summer it is great to escape the heat and bike, hike, or boating there is a huge lake near by. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks:)

How big is baby? lime

Appointments this week?  none-next apt Aug 10 (13 weeks)

Symptom changes? MS is calming down a bit but the headaches and constipation ahhh!!

Rant/Rave/Questions? We told the Dr we wanted NT scan. I'm worried about the timing since it isn't scheduled yet and the next apt isn't until 13 weeks.

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot?  I don't travel much...California

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• @CoonMom isn't the NT scan done between 11-13 weeks only?
    If you want it done, call the doctor to get them to put the order in & get the phone number for the hospital to get it scheduled. I think it would be too late after 13wks, right?
    I'm getting my NT scan done this Friday at 11 weeks 2 days and already had blood drawn for the panorama NIPT cell free DNA test last week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 12w

Baby is a plum

No appointments this week.  

Symptoms: Yesterday, I thought my post concussion syndrome was getting significantly better.  But not so much today.  I woke up with the worst headache and it lasted all day along with light and sound sensitivity, blurry vision, dizziness. Also, I have this weird feeling on the top of my head that there is no hair there and it feels so cold and tingly. Gahhhh! 
    I did see my ENT today though for the Nasal fracture and thankfully that is healing well.  

Rant: My head hurts!!!

Favorite vacation spot: Anywhere with a nice beach.  I haven't had a vacation in over 3 years.  I need one so bad!

• @skiingstark yes please stay!!
  • How far along are you? 12 Weeks

How big is baby? A Plum - but my babies tend to grow in spurts so probably a bit smaller (we almost always measure a bit behind)

Appointments this week? Just for blood work and the 1 hour glucose test...

Symptom changes? Still Achy and soooo tired! Feeling better though since my Synthroid was upped!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Next week will be a very long week! DH has a business trip... So just the toddler and me for 3 days.

We make vacations out of everything! Anytime I am away from the day to day grind! We take several long weekends and a few day trips each year. We just had a long weekend in DC/Baltimore! So nice to get away for a bit!

How big is baby? Strawberry

Appointments this week? Thursday @ 11am... anxiously awaiting to get some more answers & see if we'll be changing the due date!

Symptom changes? Vomited twice last night, like out of a dead sleep. That was fun. Everything else is pretty much the same: tired, nausea & vomiting. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? @skiingstark yes of course you can stay! 

GTKY: Where is your favorite vacation spot? At the moment I wish we could go some place tropical, but alas zika. We have a timeshare in Grand Cayman that we need to use more often.. We haven't been since 2012, and I miss it terribly!