February 2017 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 7/26

2»

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 7/26

• I agree with @MonaLisaRalphio
    I am very much against judgements of a person based on clothing or appearance. I certainly don't want to be judged on my clothing choices, especially lately. 

I do feel certain clothing choices are inappropriate in certain circumstances but I think most of us feel that way.

The less comfortable I feel with myself the more I notice about what others are wearing and how they look. But even then, I don't care too much anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited July 2016
    +1 for the no judgments on physical appearance. I grew up constantly critisized by the women "role models" in my life. Everything from my hair, clothes, makeup (or lack thereof), and body was the constant source of critique at any family gatherings. Now that I'm an adult, I realize it had little to do with me and a lot to do with their own insecurities. But I will be teaching my kids that that is not ok. How someone else looks should Not affect your day, and it is never appropriate to criticize them for it. 
  • My TW tuesday is my boss! Gave me a shitload of work that had to be finished by the end of the day, knowing fine rightly there was no way i could get it all done & that i spend most of my day being sick, so i stayed an extra hour & still didnt get it all finished. All of the rage today!!!
  • I am my own TW Tuesday. I accidentally texted my best friend instead of my mom and it totally revealed I was pregnant. We haven't told DH's parents yet and although my friend says she will keep a secret, sometimes she can be a blabber mouth!
  • @lfrank12

Oh no! Fingers crossed she can keep the secret!!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My TW is being politely treated like a moron by a customer service representative. If I tell you there is no brand on the freakin' device it means there is no brand, not that I'm blind or being intentionally unhelpful. Once he believed me we made progress...
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• catiecatp said:
    My TW is being politely treated like a moron by a customer service representative. If I tell you there is no brand on the freakin' device it means there is no brand, not that I'm blind or being intentionally unhelpful. Once he believed me we made progress...
    Heh. I'm usually on the other side of this conversation. I wish I could say he was just being a butt, but let me tell you how awkward it is when people just don't have a grasp on the basics. Three weeks ago I spent 20 minutes troubleshooting with a guy to figure out why his computer wouldn't turn on after a planned power outage. He'd had it over a year and so I assumed (wrongly, I might add) that he knew the thing had a power button. 
  • Loving all the anti body shaming posts. Thank you @PerraSucia and @MonaLisaRalphio for putting my feelings about this issue into words. Slut shaming is another off-shoot of victim blaming, and it's dangerous and unfair. Not trying to judge the ladies who said it, because I understand their feelings, but it's not a positive or empathetic way to see other people or their experiences. 

I must be having a crazy-awesome day, because I cannot summon up a twatwaffle story. The hubs has been sweet and awesome, and my two-year-old has been so cute this morning that I could just die. Only twatwaffle is me: I need to be working, and instead am screwing off and bumping. 
  • blush64blush64 member
    edited July 2016
    catiecatp said:
    My TW is being politely treated like a moron by a customer service representative.
    Heh. I'm usually on the other side of this conversation. I wish I could say he was just being a butt, but let me tell you how awkward it is when people just don't have a grasp on the basics. Three weeks ago I spent 20 minutes troubleshooting with a guy to figure out why his computer wouldn't turn on after a planned power outage. He'd had it over a year and so I assumed (wrongly, I might add) that he knew the thing had a power button. 
    The thing is if you work customer service you need to be able to be polite without sounding condescending and making it sound like the person is a moron. (No matter what you think inside) It might feel awkward to you but it is pretty uncomfortable to call for help and be made to feel like an idiot by someone whose job it is to help.

I have worked in a lot of positions and have had to explain things that seemed very basic and common knowledge to me over and over, sometimes to the same person. I know how it can be after hours of the same thing. It gets frustrating. I think that guy was just being a jerk, the idea should be to help with the issue/question without making the customer/client/patient feel stupid. 

Edit I was reminded of my recent phone call to a tech support where the woman I dealt with with was terrible. 
  • I am probably a twatwaffle. I mentioned in Monday BF that I am supposed to keep some plants alive for my job.  Didn't water them because there was a 75% chance of thunderstorms last night.  Welp, pretty sure it didn't rain at all and I have a bunch of dead plants to look forward to in couple of hours when I go to the site.  I feel like such a bad career woman that pregnancy is affecting my job performance, but it totally has.  I've had a few big "oofs" lately that I'm pretty sure were due to either feeling like crap or being half asleep at my desk at 2:00.
  • I am probably a twatwaffle. I mentioned in Monday BF that I am supposed to keep some plants alive for my job.  Didn't water them because there was a 75% chance of thunderstorms last night.  Welp, pretty sure it didn't rain at all and I have a bunch of dead plants to look forward to in couple of hours when I go to the site.  I feel like such a bad career woman that pregnancy is affecting my job performance, but it totally has.  I've had a few big "oofs" lately that I'm pretty sure were due to either feeling like crap or being half asleep at my desk at 2:00.
    Ugh, this is me to a T. I have all these ambitions for things I want to do with my business before this baby gets here, and I haven't done a one. I'm just a pregnant slug. I wish it didn't affect my job the way that it has. Here's hoping that we all become more effective career women in 2nd tri!
  • @blush64 that's fair and I absolutely agree. But a lot of times the questions CS people ask, especially about technology, are more geared toward establishing common ground than trying to make anyone feel dumb. If that's the tone they took then you were dealing with terrible people.

I am not really CS, my job is specifically just fixing computers on site; the phone line exists solely for clients to call for questions regarding their specific repair. We have an entire series of call centers dedicated to troubleshooting and over the phone support, and that's where we refer 99% of the people who call because we're just not budgeted labor for it and we don't have a big database of troubleshooting steps or scripts like the call centers do. But if it's a simple thing or the client absolutely refuses to call the 800 number I walk them through it as best I can. 
  • @MrsLittleMac I think a lot is the tone. Personally, I was reminded of a conversation I had with a support tech last weekend. It was awful, she just needs a new position or some time off. 
  • I'm calling the seller of the house we put an offer on a TW. They have less than 2 minutes to get back to us... Who does that to people? At this point I don't care what the answer is I just want it. If they just reject it I'm going to be furious b/c there's no way it too you until 4:59 to decide on a 5pm deadline...
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• The city where I live is a TW. They're doing "utility work" on my street. Apparently, it's "gas line work". But there is a GIANT hole in my front yard. There has been a back hoe killing grass on the lawn day. Also, a giant hole near the gas meter in the back. Come to find out, they may need to move my gas meter to the side of the house. And, next month, the city is paying to re-asphalt the street. While I appreciate not paying for it, I hate the smell of fresh asphalt. It's definitely not going to be awesome to be pregnant around that.
  • blush64blush64 member
    edited July 2016
    I didn't think I had one but my body is a TW today. This is all a rant/complaint, sorry. 

The giant lumps I'm my butt/back are hurting more than ever, if I move, if I walk, stay still, no matter what. It's like they know there is one shot left and they are angry. I don't think they will ever leave.

Out of no where my head is killing, I am dizzy, I am achy and have chills that are replaced by feeling too warm, I feel like I am going to throw up. I have to pee constantly and if I don't go immediately I feel doubly nauseated. 

Edit Also my amazing 3 year old who decided 7 was a good nap time, well I can't go as far as calling her a tw because she is amazing, only 3 and my baby, but she certainly made a questionabpe choice. She never sleeps at 7pm even though she should. This means I can look forward to being up a good part of the early morning/late night. I just can't wait to find out when. I leave for my doctor's appointment by 6:15 am so tomorrow is not looking like a great day for me. (Each way it is a 2.5-3+ hour journey with a huge wait for the doctor)
  • Son of a biscuit.. My TW is my stomach. I hadn't puked in the longest time (like 3 days) and today I did again!!! AHH!!!
  • The TW today was my manager. This is the second time she's come in on her day off to putter around the deli. It's frustrating because whenever she's around stuff gets way more stressful than it needs to be. All staff including myself look forward to her days off because we finally get some breathing room from her micromanaging. Whenever she chooses to do what she did today it throws everyone off. Really freakin' annoying.