February 2017 Moms

Anyone else had a previous classical c section?

So I had my 1st OB appointment today and baby looks lovely! Nice strong heart rate of 167. I learned I have an anterior placenta, I had this with my last son as well and was kind of bummed. I didn't realize that it can cause issues with having a previous classical c section! It is rare, but it is also possible that the placenta can actually attach itself to the scar tissue causing trauma to the placenta along with possible abruption.  This along with having severe pre E with my last pregnancy means that I will have multiple ultrasounds and be very closely monitored. I feel confident (as does my doctor) that this will be a healthy, full term (max 36 weeks) pregnancy, I'm just wondering if anyone else has any experience or knowledge on this topic.

Re: Anyone else had a previous classical c section?

• Now I'm freaking out. 
  • @PerraSucia did you have a classical C section in the past? Do you have an anterior placenta now? I didn't mean to freak anyone out, just trying to gain more knowledge myself!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry, classical means what?   Like a vertical line instead of bikini line horizontal? 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Partyof6? said:
    Sorry, classical means what?   Like a vertical line instead of bikini line horizontal? 
    Oh yeah I googled I didn't have a vertical incision but I had an anterior placenta the first time 
  • Partyof6? said:
    Sorry, classical means what?   Like a vertical line instead of bikini line horizontal? 
    Yes a vertical line directly on the uterus. So I have one of each, a horizontal on the bikini line on the outside and a classical (vertical) incision on the uterus.
  • Partyof6?Partyof6? member
    edited July 2016
    Ok, no experience with either, my c-section was a bikini line one.   I am glad everything looked good so far, and that they will monitor you closely. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • There was a post in the J17 board about placenta previa and one of the members there mentioned a FB support group. I tried to copy and paste her screenshot, but it's not working.  It's called Placenta Previa & Accreta Support Group (accreta is where it attaches itself).  I haven't joined it (but probably will if my previa doesn't clear up by mid to late pregnancy), but she highly recommended it.

The accreta is apparently more common if you've ever had any kind of uterine procedure (c-section, D&C, etc) because of the scar tissue formation that goes along with it.  The location of the placenta in relation to the scar tissue is what causes the concern thus an anterior placenta being a concern with a c-section.

Hoping you have good results!

• I did with my last but have a posterior placenta this time. Im set to deliver the week of jan 8th (36weeks) if I make it that far. I also had pre e last go round so my anxiety over my BP is through the roof! Praying that everything works out for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml