June 2016 Moms

Managing life with two (or more) kiddos.

Hopefully this can be a more general thread for people to talk about how they balance the needs/schedules of their older kid(s) with the needs of their newborn.

Right now this is the hardest thing for me.  DS1 is in a camp this week and while it's nice to have something for him to do during the day, I'm having a hard time timing DS2s feedings and naps around drop off and pick up times.  Yesterday I had to interrupt his feedings both times and wake him up from his nap to be there on time and he was not happy about it.  Today H was able to take him, but I have to do the rest of the week.  Plus this has me wondering how I'm going to do school drop off and pick up in the fall!  I must be over thinking it?

Re: Managing life with two (or more) kiddos.

• I really almost posted about this today. To me this is getting more challenging as LO is more aware and not just falling asleep anywhere. I lived and planned everything according to DS nap schedule and this LO doesn't get that opportunity. I take my DS to this summer camp a couple days a week today they called to tell me he had an accident and basically peed in his shoe. I had just spent 45 min to get LO to nap and had to wake her to get in the car seat again it sucked. In the afternoon LO fights her nap soooooo hard it takes me forever to get her down. If she misses that nap she wants to go to bed at 7 which sucks for me because I miss her only long stretch but I can't spent and hour while I have DS doing that every afternoon. I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I will be following this thread. I feel like I'm not doing a very good job at splitting my time or being a sucessful mom of two. It's so hard. 

• I really almost posted about this today. To me this is getting more challenging as LO is more aware and not just falling asleep anywhere. I lived and planned everything according to DS nap schedule and this LO doesn't get that opportunity. I take my DS to this summer camp a couple days a week today they called to tell me he had an accident and basically peed in his shoe. I had just spent 45 min to get LO to nap and had to wake her to get in the car seat again it sucked. In the afternoon LO fights her nap soooooo hard it takes me forever to get her down. If she misses that nap she wants to go to bed at 7 which sucks for me because I miss her only long stretch but I can't spent and hour while I have DS doing that every afternoon. I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I will be following this thread. I feel like I'm not doing a very good job at splitting my time or being a sucessful mom of two. It's so hard. 

Yes exactly! My world revolved around DS1, so now it feels so weird to try to give them both everything they need. And I feel so bad messing up the baby's schedule and it just gets harder as he gets more aware and actually wanting to set his own little routine.

I'm going to make sure that he at least gets a full feeding in before we leave tomorrow and hopefully that will help even if I have to wake him.  Yesterday he never went back to sleep for the long nap he usually takes in the afternoon, but then again last night he slept for 7 hours so maybe it's an ok trade off haha.

• Loading the player...
  • It's so challenging sometimes I'm nursing LO and da screams I have to poop/pee I have to unlatch LO and help DS get his pants down or he will pee on the floor. This poor baby girl I'm glad she's pretty easy going. 7 hours man I'm so jealous!!!  
  • It's so challenging sometimes I'm nursing LO and da screams I have to poop/pee I have to unlatch LO and help DS get his pants down or he will pee on the floor. This poor baby girl I'm glad she's pretty easy going. 7 hours man I'm so jealous!!!  
    I don't breast feed but this is one of the reasons I have not been proactive in potty training my twins. I need to suck it up and do it lol!
    I'm thinking its a fluke because he had been doing like four hours.  I'm definitely trying not to count on it, but it was a nice surprise!