Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

On cd8, high bbt, confused

greatmamagreatmama member
edited July 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
My pre o temps are usually 97.5 or lower. Now they are above 97.5 and up. I am on cd8 I haven't really dropped since last cycle. Honestly my af was light and shorter but seeming normal and af was 2 days late. Honestly it's been weird and off. I just want to know why my temps are up. I tested 3 to 4 times with frer and bfn. My sleep and environment has been same. I am breastfeeding (going on 15 months) but my cycles have return to normal. Help anyone? 
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: On cd8, high bbt, confused

• Options
    adiratadirat member
    I'm TTC #1 so obviously have never breastfed, but from what I've read, BF can cause all sorts of odd cycles -- even if you think they have returned to normal in the past. It could be as simple as BF causing an early ovulation or a seemingly random hormone spike. That'd be my guess.

• Options
    greatmama said:
    My pre o temps are usually 97.5 or lower. Now they are above 97.5 and up. I am on cd8 I haven't really dropped since last cycle. Honestly my af was light and shorter but seeming normal and af was 2 days late. Honestly it's been weird and off. I just want to know why my temps are up. I tested 3 to 4 times with frer and bfn. My sleep and environment has been same. I am breastfeeding (going on 15 months) but my cycles have return to normal. Help anyone? 
    You're regular until you're not. It could be that your temps are taking longer than normal to come down after AF, or that you are just randomly having higher than normal pre-O temps. I occasionally have cycles where my pre-O temps are higher than usual.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited July 2016
    I don't know about anyone else but this sounds very normal to me. Some cycles my pre-O temps are really low. Others they're kinda high and wonky till around the time I'm fertile again.

If you're wondering if you are pregnant I'd say that it is highly unlikely since you did have a period and you've had several negative tests.

I can't remember who said this but I could swear someone on here who is TTC while breastfeeding said that her cycles tend to be longer during periods of time where her little one was feeding more/more frequently. So if your baby has been feed more or less than usual it's possible that something like that could have affected your cycle in some way.

Also, like others have said: you're regular until you're not.

I doubt it's anything to worry about. The human body has a certain amount of normal variation.

ETA: Here is the list of things that can affect BBT according to FF.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    If your HPTs are negative you are not pregnant at this time, no matter how short or light AF was. This cycle my pre-O temps started out higher than normal, even when temping earlier in the morning. They lowered after a couple of weeks. Any number of things could affect your temp, so just wait it out. It looks like you've been a member of the TB for a while, so lurk and search the boards; you'll find loads of information about wonky temps and charts.

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    I figured as much. It's just I have been charting a total of two years both before and after my second and my chart predictability remain the same. It's a bit fustrating not knowing and these cramps are painful. Waiting is not my strong suit but guess I don't have much of a choice. I just afraid it may be something else. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers