Baby Names

Need help deciding on baby girl name

MiaHopMiaHop member
edited July 2016 in Baby Names
Hello all. This is our third child. We have a daughter named Mia and a son named James (Jimmy). Can't decide on a girls name and due in a week. Thanks!
Married - 8/04/2006
DD - 7/31/2011
MC - 12/4/2012 (10.2 weeks)
BFP - 4/15/2013 * Due - 12/20/2013 (Team Green!)

Need help deciding on baby girl name 113 votes

Jordana
14% 16 votes
Victoria
55% 63 votes
Monica
11% 13 votes
None of these
18% 21 votes

Re: Need help deciding on baby girl name

• I actually think they are all nice. I think Monica is refreshing but since you have a Mia I didn't vote simply because I don't care for same sibling initials.  I think Victoria gets my vote.

• I was going to vote Monica too but I like Victoria for the same reason as mentioned above and I really like the NN Vicki.
  • Loading the player...
  • I vote Victoria, but i am biased i guess lol. I only have know a couple Victorias (other than myself) my entire life. I hate the nn Vicki, but have gone by Tori since I was born, so thats always an option also!
  • I like Monica and i dont mind if your DD name start also with an M
  • I voted for Jordana - i love that name...though I've always seen it spelled Jordanna (w/ 2 N's)...just curious, are you intending on repeating first initials at all? 
  • My vote went to Victoria, as Jordana and Monica aren't my style.

But honestly, I'm not a huge fan of any of them.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • I'm going to BEG you to please use Jordana!  I love, love, love this name, and it was our top choice if baby #2 had been a girl.  Alas, he was a boy.  I could not justify having a 3rd child just on the 50/50 chance that it would be a girl, so I feel you must now make use of this name in my stead.

It's such a good balance of feminine and sporty.  Just a great name.  Your other choices are nice as well, but Jordana is the clear winner!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • MiaHopMiaHop member
    LOL thanks. Funny story neverblushed.
    SO my husband named our daughter Mia. WHen she turn 2 he told me he named her after the actress in Fast and the Furious. I was like "you named our kid after that movie?". When I was pregant the second time we thought girl and he was like,"I want to name her Jordana after Jordana Brewster", which is the real name of the actress in Fast in the Furious that played "Mia". I was like "you want to name both of your girls after the same person????" lol. Second was a boy. So now is our chance. :)
    Married - 8/04/2006
    DD - 7/31/2011

• MiaHopMiaHop member
    Thanks caseyw8784 . That was the idea at first, repeating the initials. I'd like too, but if it doesn't work out that's ok too I guess.
    Married - 8/04/2006
    DD - 7/31/2011