February 2017 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 7/26

Who or what is being a twatwaffle today?

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 7/26

• @Xstatic3333 have you ever looked into pet insurance? It's very affordable. 

My TW today is my husband's alarm clock. I was up late watching the DNC and he forgot to turn off his alarm when he got up. Cue me waking up at 6:30 on my very last day of the summer with nothing on the schedule. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Our business owner at work. They give us requirements that suck. We clarify in writing, they agree in writing.

We all go do what they asked for... then 6 months later he comes back and completely disregards what he told us to do. That's wrong! How could you possibly do (exactly what we have in writing he asked for)!

Aaaaaaargh!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Having to drag my ass out of bed by 6am to go to work today is a TW. I want sleep, sleep and more sleep. Don't feel like sitting at work all day. And my husband's work place is also a TW b/c they have been cutting costs and now my hubby is overworked and cranky when he gets home which is no frickin picnic. Yay. TW Tuesday. 
  • @MonaLisaRalphio how is it your last day of summer already?! That's the TW right there :( 
  • @MommaBean it's not my last day, exactly, but I'm running senior portraits the rest of this week, doing a conference next week, and then I have to go back early because I'm the head of my department.  
  • Ohhhkay that makes more sense @MonaLisaRalphio :) I'm a dept. head too but I just have to put in 20 days over the summer, largely at my discretion. Which is why I'm probably going to opt to work from home today (my Randoms post). 
  • My TW is to the girl walking around my neighborhood with her cheeks playing peekaboo as she walks down the sidewalk. I was in good shape once and liked wearing somewhat provocative clothes but certain things were off limits. No cheeks were shown, and no bras were ever visible. Get a little class there girly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MommaBean 20 days seems like an awful lot.  We have to work an extra week at the end of the year and go back a week early.  So it's just 10 extra days.  The raise isn't really worth it, but the flexibility is!
  • @kswiger06 - Ugh don't you hate that?! Does she really need to walk around advertising? Come on now. I was at the grocery store with my hubby the other day and there was a tall girl strutting around with a belly shirt and her little jean shorts up her tush. And I have to say her cheeks were doing more than just peek-a-boo, it was more an outright HELLO!!!!!! lol. Would it have killed her to at least where daisy dukes that covered those things? Geez 

• @Xstatic3333 have you ever looked into pet insurance? It's very affordable. 

My TW today is my husband's alarm clock. I was up late watching the DNC and he forgot to turn off his alarm when he got up. Cue me waking up at 6:30 on my very last day of the summer with nothing on the schedule. 
    We did have it for a while, but found that it very rarely covered the issues my dog has. He has a heart valve disease which isn't covered since he was treated for heartworms before we adopted him and it's therefore considered a preexisting condition. That's sort of specific to us, though. It's a great option for many, especially if you start it when they're a puppy. 

How annoying about the alarm! Hope you enjoy your last day of summer. 
  • My husband is my TW today. He just doesn't understand when I am not feeling well and I hate it. I had a horrible headache last night and of course can only take Tylenol, which sucks. I was laying on the couch trying to wait for it to go away, but also trying to be around him so he wouldn't get grumpy that I went to bed early. I ended up falling asleep around 8:30. Well I woke back up around 10pm and he is already in bed, left all the lights and TV on and left me on the couch. So I dragged myself into bed, still with a headache. 

Then I woke up at 4am really hot and sick. Started throwing up and didn't stop until about 6:30. Well I could hear him walking around while I as still actively puking and he just LEAVES and doesn't say a word to me. Didn't check to see how I was, nothing. I swear, sometimes he is moodier than a teenage girl.
  • @MonaLisaRalphio I get paid my regular rate for the 20 days, so it's worth it to me! Plus a teeny tiny stipend for the school year. 
  • @SawyerRichardson - sorry u are going through that! I was just talking yesterday how mad I was at my hubby for being so moody at me. And when I told him to cut the crap because hello I'm pregnant, he said "SO????". I was beyond livid. Some days he is great, but lately this week he has been a nasty brat. He is mad at his work for cutting people and putting extra work on him, but I get to pay for it at home. He doesn't even say goodbye love you, like he usually does in the mornings. Apparently this week him just walking out the door is all I get. And the love-making we were having at first? HA! I'm lucky if we cuddle at night which was a nightly ritual (Sorry if that is TMI). He is acting like I went to his job and did this. I get he is stressed, but you'd think he would come home, and want to leave work at work to unwind. This week he has been a turd. I hope both of our hubbys cut the crap!   

• @BlondePeanut it's the worst. It's summers like these that I'm glad I'll be biggest during winter. It's hard for me to feel sexy or even think about wearing sexy clothes and all the T&A walking around town makes me feel like crap. so that's when I sneak out of Windows or kids views and call husband around the corner to flash him... keep him distracted with the boobies.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06  - I hear you! And yes, that works! lol. Except lately mine has been not so nice, he is overworked and stressed and of course comes home with that load instead of leaving the bs at work. So the only thing distracting him is the TV and if I try to engage at all, he is just a moody stinker. I feel like chopped liver, which so is not helping my self esteem. But I try to focus and rub the belly and think about the beautiful little human I am growing :smile: And I am hoping his shitty mood will pass soon, it has been since Friday, but we have another prenatal appt next week so that should snap him out of it I hope. 

• My husband is my TW today. He just doesn't understand when I am not feeling well and I hate it. I had a horrible headache last night and of course can only take Tylenol, which sucks. I was laying on the couch trying to wait for it to go away, but also trying to be around him so he wouldn't get grumpy that I went to bed early. I ended up falling asleep around 8:30. Well I woke back up around 10pm and he is already in bed, left all the lights and TV on and left me on the couch. So I dragged myself into bed, still with a headache. 

Then I woke up at 4am really hot and sick. Started throwing up and didn't stop until about 6:30. Well I could hear him walking around while I as still actively puking and he just LEAVES and doesn't say a word to me. Didn't check to see how I was, nothing. I swear, sometimes he is moodier than a teenage girl.
    This. All of this. You just explained my night as if you were with me! I'm sorry, it sucked! Then to top it off, I have an ultrasound and my first OB appointment today and he tells me last night that he can't leave work to come with. Really??? F off man, hope you like that JOB of yours bcuz right now it's gonna be the only thing you have to keep you company if you keep this shit up! Ugh!
  • I wasn't body shaming. I was wardrobe shaming. I wasn't hating on looks or body size, etc. I just never liked the bare ass cheeks hanging way out of the bottom of my shorts look in public, but apologies for whoever was offended. I personally like to keep my bare bottom showing for the bedroom lol. Short shorts are totally fine, it is the short bordering on a thong look I was commenting on. But hey, rock on girls. Do you  
  • I didn't think I was body shaming other women. I was expressing my dislike with seeing a girls ass hanging out of her shorts. It had nothing to do with her body itself at all. I might have felt like I was body shaming myself if anything. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 - Totally felt like I was expressing the same. Wardrobe dislike, not body shaming. But people interpret things different. I was raised to keep my private parts in my clothing, a little cleavage popping maybe, but never wearing a pair of shorts that should be called a thong out in public. Everyone is different. I thought we weren't about having to defend our sensitivities and feelings or opinions around here unless we made a rude comment or judgement that hurt someone's feelings etc. I wasn't even judging the girl herself, just her outfit of choice. Again, hating on the outfit NOT the girl. I give up. I am too hormonal today to get into it with anyone and defend a harmless comment that was meant for a TW Tuesday bitching session.    

• I might be slightly immature, but when hubby is being a douche canoe I give it right back. He wants to do the silent treatment, then I'll do the same. If he leaves the house without saying I love you and a kiss good bye then I make it a point to ignore his calls and texts that day. That's how he knows he's messed up. No matter how angry or upset we may be with one another, that is never acceptable as you have no idea how that day will go or if you'll get to go home.  If he wants to cop an attitude, then he'll get one from me right back. Our silent treatments and being douche canoes towards each other usually only lasts a few hours though. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bdesterhouse - I love the douche canoe comment lol. I too can give it right back, lately I have just been wanting him to share in my joy so I am being a little more accepting than I should be of his attitude. You are so right...God forbid it is the last day we ever see eachother in this life....that is why I get so bent at him for just walking out the door the past days. Our little tiffs usually only last an hour or two, also, but these past few days have been constant. There are a few nice convos here and there, but he isn't fun to be around with the nearly constant pissy tude. I think I may need to try and sit him down and lay it all out if he isn't being a total douche canoe after work (hehe) 

• @bdesterhouse - I love the douche canoe comment lol. I too can give it right back, lately I have just been wanting him to share in my joy so I am being a little more accepting than I should be of his attitude. You are so right...God forbid it is the last day we ever see eachother in this life....that is why I get so bent at him for just walking out the door the past days. Our little tiffs usually only last an hour or two, also, but these past few days have been constant. There are a few nice convos here and there, but he isn't fun to be around with the nearly constant pissy tude. I think I may need to try and sit him down and lay it all out if he isn't being a total douche canoe after work (hehe) 

It's never fun being around someone who is moody all of the time. I can say in my last position I was probably a lot like your hubby. I brought my frustration home and my husband hated it. It wasn't until I realized how unfair I was being to him that I started leaving those frustrations at the door. Now we have a deal that no work stuff was brought into the house. The stress stayed at the door.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • krobkrob member
    I am my TW today. I work in a super casual office and because it's so hot I put on a pair of shorts today instead of my usual sundress. I was super excited because they still fit. Fast forward one hour and they are already unbuttoned and I am not looking forward to sitting in them for the rest of the day.
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • I think we will need to make that same deal. Thanks for the advice!
  • TW it's my Monday... We had a wonderful and fun long weekend/vaycay! MommyCon was awesome! I also went shopping (new purse and maternity pants) and we got a big girl bed for our almost 2 year old.
    I think I'm going to make her a new blanket and get her cute pillow cases. I'm sad that she's getting so big so fast but she's at a really fun age at the same time.

But after all that fun....my house is a disaster, I'm way behind on laundry and my toddler had sleep issues last night. I think she had a nightmare, I felt so bad for her. Eventually I got her back to sleep in our bed. So hopefully I have some energy at 4:30 so I can try and get the house back together.

#NeedMoreCoffee
  • My twatwaffle is my OB today. She had my appt from this afternoon cancelled because she wanted to leave early to start her vacation and now I'm only seeing her in 3 weeks! 

It just seems odd that I'm going almost 7 weeks without seeing my OB. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @PerraSucia I private messaged you to avoid any board drama.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • TW is the tonsil stone I've got that won't dislodge and die. It's gacking me out so bad. 

@PerraSucia I get what you are saying about telling a woman to cover up being shaming, or even that it's insecurity rearing its head when husbands are around. For me, it's not going to rain on my parade, but I am probably going to roll my eyes on the inside because it's tacky -- along the lines of visible panty lines, sheer leggings as pants, too-heavy makeup. So I guess it's more of a NMS thing. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @concreteangell - That would irritate me so much! The upside to look at is she must def think your pregnancy is low risk, which is a good thing......but I would be like NOPE I am coming in! lol

• I'm getting on the douche canoe TW today. DH wanted to get into a political debate last night that didn't end until 1am! He knows I only feel mildly normal when I can go to bed at 9, and then was antagonizing me when I'd give him the "uh huh, interesting" response. Was that really necessary? I am dogging it today at work. 
  • I'm sorry that everyone else's hubby's are being as obnoxious as mine is, but I have to admit it makes me feel a little better. 
    I forgot which thread it was but I was getting upset reading about how others DHs had nicknames for the baby and would go out of their way to do sweet things for them and mine has done none of that! :(
  • DH is my twatwaffle today too.  He literally always comes in the room when I'm ready for bed, lights out, trying to or about to go to sleep and then wants to go over any and all to-do lists he has for us.  I literally could kill him because it gives me such anxiety right as I'm about to go to sleep despite the fact that I've been home, watching TV for hours.  And he does this EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.  No matter how many times I tell him to cut it out cause it's ruining my precious sleep time.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well said, @MonaLisaRalphio. I agree that it's no ones place to make/propagate those nasty assumptions. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 to making inappropriate assumptions based on one's choice of clothing is unacceptable.  @MonaLisaRalphio said it much more eloquently than I ever could.
    haha I almost said this exact same thing privately to ksweiger but couldn't spell eloquently for the life of me this morning.