February 2017 Moms

Harmony test

Is anyone else getting the Harmony test?  I took it Tuesday and am anxiously awaiting results.  How long did it take for you to get results back, for those mamas who have had it before?

Re: Harmony test

• I had the MaternT21 with DS because an ultrasound revealed an abnormal looking cord.  I actually just googled myself to find out how long it took because I posted about it on babycenter.  It was so new at the time hardly anyone on the bump even knew about it then.  It looks like it took 11 days or 6 business days.

My doctor is planning for it again with this one because there's a known genetic abnormality in my family, but she said it would be around my 18 week appt.  I wish it were earlier because I know I'm well within the range now (last time I had to go twice because they took the first blood draw when I was barely past 9 weeks and there wasn't enough material yet), but since we haven't seen anything to cause concern there's no harm in waiting.

Thinking good and quick results for you!

• I took it yesterday and they said 7-10 days but that they were seeing the results come back earlier. I am in Canada, FYI and it's a bit less common to do it here since it's considered a private test, and we have a public option that is covered for all. I did it because I am a) older this time and b) way more nervous and not sure why.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  Fingers crossed for us all to have quick, good results
  • I had the blood draw for the Panorama on Monday... fingers crossed for everyone to get good results quickly! Also shamelessly excited to find out if my little one has boy parts or girl parts :smile:
  • I want to do this, but I'm 34 and not sure if it's covered by insurance until 35. I have to call!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I did mine last Friday and was told 7 business days. The waiting seems so long- praying all is well with the little bean!
  • I want to do this, but I'm 34 and not sure if it's covered by insurance until 35. I have to call!
    I'm curious about this, too. 
  • My RE did it for my first one and I wasn't even 30 yet. If I remember correctly insurance covered mine. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• I have my NT scan in two weeks.   I asked him if there were any other tests since I am now 6 years older than the last time I did this, and he said no.   Now I am curious about this one! 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
    I'm curious about this, too. 
    Mine was 35 at birth to cover it
  • Then mine probably won't. 

• GingersnapGingersnap member
    edited July 2016
    wrong place. Oops. 
  • mamajama3mamajama3 member
    edited July 2016
    I was told if you'll be 35 at birth then it's covered (I have Kaiser).  I tried to get the Harmony test with my last baby, but I was 33 at birth and was told that not only wasn't it covered but that I wouldn't even be able to purchase it on my own out of pocket (not sure if this is 100% true, but it's what my insurance said).  I wish everyone could get this test- it's important information for all mothers-to-be to have.
  • My insurance is wonderful. They cover it although I'm only going to be 33!
    they said 8-10 biz days. It's been one! I'm dying. 

Mom of one adorable little boy and excited to do this again.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My insurance covers it if you're 35+ or if you there are any genetic abnormalities in your family.  The son of one of my 1st cousins on my mother's side has genetic mental retardation and it was enough for them to cover it for me this time.  When I had it done a few years ago, even with that and an abnormal US, it was not covered at all so I had to pay out of pocket and it was out of network so it didn't even help me hit my deductible/OOP for my regular services.  It was so worth it for the confirmation though.

At the time almost every post I saw said that if your insurance wouldn't cover it the testing company would max your out of pocket expense at $250, but I had to pay $1,000.  Still much better than the $3k they initially billed, but it was still painful.

• I will be 34 and 5 months at time of delivery, and my insurance won't cover it BC you have to be 35. She did say that if there was anything concerning on the NT scan or blood work I could get it covered, otherwise its $350 cash out of pocket to get it done.
  • @mnmarcy - glad it came back with good news!  Have fun being Team Blue! 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17