February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (7/25)

Re: Weekly Randoms (7/25)

• @ohstars that sucks! Oh no!
  • @MonaLisaRalphio Publix is the best damn grocery in ever! Super friendly and helpful, always clean, awesome brand items (their ice cream is the bomb), and they always have BOGO sales. You will love it. 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • @MonaLisaRalphio It took me a little while to get used to it because it was so much nicer than the next nicest store we had, which we Bi-Lo and now Food City, but now I can't hardly stand to shop anywhere else.  My uncle doesn't like it because he says they're too expensive.  What I have found is that we now spend a little more on groceries, but we're buying more produce because it nicer and we're buying things that just weren't available elsewhere. I can buy like I used to and the prices are about the same, but I really like the extras. :smile:

• I am reading The Girl on the Train  right now and I keep watching the preview looking for clues. LOL
    I read that book and The Martian a few months ago and I enjoyed them both. The movie trailer for girl on the train looked good but I never have high hopes for books turned movies. The Martian movie was a terrible injustice to the book. 
  • kswiger06 said:
    I sort of feel guilty griping in the bitch fest Monday thing about my husband so decided to balance it out here.
    We didn't ever have cable for the last 11 years except for last year for about a year. We decided it was expensive and we really didn't need it so we canceled in April. However last week H and I were casually talking about the Olympics and I told him how I loved watching them when I was younger and that I kind of miss watching them. I really wasn't hinting or complaining, it was just part of our talk. Just Friday husband surprised me by getting cable again so I can watch the Olympics. It was so sweet :)
    We just got rid of cable and I completely forgot about the Olympics!  I'm so sad!  I wonder if there's a way to watch part online...
  • We use Kodi and for the most part, it works pretty well.  As with regular cable, sometimes there are technical glitches but they don't last long.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • ohstars said:
    kswiger06 said:
    I sort of feel guilty griping in the bitch fest Monday thing about my husband so decided to balance it out here.
    We didn't ever have cable for the last 11 years except for last year for about a year. We decided it was expensive and we really didn't need it so we canceled in April. However last week H and I were casually talking about the Olympics and I told him how I loved watching them when I was younger and that I kind of miss watching them. I really wasn't hinting or complaining, it was just part of our talk. Just Friday husband surprised me by getting cable again so I can watch the Olympics. It was so sweet :)
    We just got rid of cable and I completely forgot about the Olympics!  I'm so sad!  I wonder if there's a way to watch part online...
    I got a digital antenna specifically to watch the London Olympics. Works like a charm!
  • I looked up the schedule after cable was turned on and it appears you can live stream too. I've never had any luck with live streams, but it must work for others, maybe another option?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am reading The Girl on the Train  right now and I keep watching the preview looking for clues. LOL
    I read that book and The Martian a few months ago and I enjoyed them both. The movie trailer for girl on the train looked good but I never have high hopes for books turned movies. The Martian movie was a terrible injustice to the book. 
    I have to disagree about The Martian - I thought it was one of the better book-to-film adaptations I've seen.  I read the book in a single day and didn't lovvvvvve it, but it was certainly a lot of fun.  I do remember by the time he got to the edge of the crater and then had a 75-page hiccup in his plan, I was like, come onnnnnnnn already.  So I was really pleased to see that whole storyline cut from the film.  I also felt like a lot of the humor translated really well.
  • kswiger06 said:
    I looked up the schedule after cable was turned on and it appears you can live stream too. I've never had any luck with live streams, but it must work for others, maybe another option?
    In past Olympics, the live stream had only included the more unusual events that don't make it to NBC. Still fun, but if sprinting or women's gymnastics are important to you it may not work out.
  • kswiger06 said:
    I looked up the schedule after cable was turned on and it appears you can live stream too. I've never had any luck with live streams, but it must work for others, maybe another option?
    In past Olympics, the live stream had only included the more unusual events that don't make it to NBC. Still fun, but if sprinting or women's gymnastics are important to you it may not work out.
    Oh, I wasn't sure what all would be live streamed. But for me the gymnastics is certainly a must. One of my favorites actually.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a butt shelf. A shelf. On my butt. BLECH. I'm trying not to let it bother me, but my big butt is only going to get bigger and I'm just pissy about it today. I need my freaking pills, man.

Mama to Mason (7) and Asher the Crasher (3).
    Married to Topher (10 years). 32 years young in Oklahoma.

• kswiger06 said:
    kswiger06 said:
    Oh, I wasn't sure what all would be live streamed. But for me the gymnastics is certainly a must. One of my favorites actually.
    Me too! And swimming. I'm a big Olympics nut, though I'm certainly concerned about these games. 
  • edited July 2016
    I am reading The Girl on the Train  right now and I keep watching the preview looking for clues. LOL
    I have to disagree about The Martian - I thought it was one of the better book-to-film adaptations I've seen.  I read the book in a single day and didn't lovvvvvve it, but it was certainly a lot of fun.  I do remember by the time he got to the edge of the crater and then had a 75-page hiccup in his plan, I was like, come onnnnnnnn already.  So I was really pleased to see that whole storyline cut from the film.  I also felt like a lot of the humor translated really well.
    I agree with you about the 75 page hiccup. And it could be I'm a little biased because I do not like any movie the director has done (since Gladiator). Plus I'm really not a Matt Damon fan. However there were some inexcusable character translations. Like having commander Lewis make a joke about leaving him on Mars. In the book she didn't find it funny at all, and took it as personal failure. 
  • @GlitterDragon that's true.  I don't remember her making a joke about it in the movie, but I totally agree that in the book, she took it very seriously, and would never have done that.  I quite like Matt Damon, so I didn't mind watching him all that time.
  • @GlitterDragon that's true.  I don't remember her making a joke about it in the movie, but I totally agree that in the book, she took it very seriously, and would never have done that.  I quite like Matt Damon, so I didn't mind watching him all that time.
    He has his moments. I really enjoyed a couple of those Bourne movies.
  • MommaBean said:
    H told me he's worried that he can't possibly love this baby as much as DS. I think it's silly and sweet and I told him he totally will - his heart will grow like the Grinch's - but he feels terrible about it! Poor guy :( We have our NT scan next week, so maybe he'll feel more connected when he sees we've got a little person in there for real. 
    I have a coworker who refuses to have another child because he's afraid he'll never lover her as much as he loved his daughter.  I always tell him love isn't a finite thing (especially because I know his wife and she wants more kids), but he's so sure. 
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MrsLittleMac Congratulations on your results! And congratulations on a baby girl! 
  • @MrsLittleMac congrats on your girl!! :) glad everything checked out well with the tests!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • kswiger06 said:
    kswiger06 said:
    Me too! And swimming. I'm a big Olympics nut, though I'm certainly concerned about these games. 
    Yes!! In the summer I watch the swimming and gymnastics. I like both men's and women's gymnastics. I like watching the dives and lap races. And I'm a fan of figure skating in the winter lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have to post this somewhere because I'm stoked and excited and don't have anyone but Hubby to talk to about it right now and he's in the shower. 
    The genetics results came back!!!!
    And baby is low risk for all the genetic tests they ran.
    ....It is also a girl! Hubby was SO convinced it would be a boy. This will be the first girl for his side of the family in generations. 
    Yayayayyay!! Go buy all the things!!
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• @MrsLittleMac congrats on team vag!!!!! <3
  • Just about finished the book, but all has been revealed. I'm a teensy bit disappointed because I figured out "whodunit" fairly early in. HOWEVER I am pleased it wasn't raunchy like the preview for the movie was.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I feel like before the weekend the board was moving kind of slow and now I can't keep up.

@MrsLittleMac congrats on the girl! 
  • @MrsLittleMac yay!!! Such great news!!
  • @MrsLittleMac Congrats on having a little girl!!

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Congrats @MrsLittleMac!! Little girls are wonderful! 
  • tentacular tentacular member
    edited July 2016
    I really enjoyed The Martian (I'm a giant geek and somehow never got bored) and have been unsure about seeing the movie since they're almost always disappointing. All these mixed opinions have NOT cleared things up for me, lol. Guess I have to watch it now. 

I read TGOTT before seeing any hype about it, too, and thought it was fun. But i'd never read that writer before and chose the book just based on a neat-sounding premise. I was hoping the movie would have some raunch. I enjoy me a bit of raunch.

@MrsLittleMac - congrats on your baby girl, yay! 

My my random for today is that I bought one of those ridiculous automatic curling irons (the "instawave") knowing it was a stupid gimmicky purchase I'd regret. But I love the damned thing. Love love love. I'm curling iron impaired and the stupid-looking thing actually works. 

(Edited for about 6 million auto-correct typos.)
  • jab3-2jab3-2 member
    Congratulations MrsLittleMac!
  • @marriedhamstermom fingers crossed!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • MommaBeanMommaBean member
    edited July 2016
    I came home from work early yesterday not feeling well and spent the whole afternoon and evening laid up with in awful migraine. Now I'm debating getting up and going in or "working from home" today...
  • @MommaBean I hope you feel better soon regardless of which work option you choose!