February 2017 Moms

Bleeding After Sex

Hi everyone,
I'm posting this as an FYI anyone else has the same freak out moment as I had this morning in an effort to ease your mind. I had intercourse with my husband yesterday twice. It had been about a week since we had last done it. This morning, I woke to blood in my parties (close to 12 hours after intercourse), not just spotting, but blood. Being that this is my first pregnancy, I freaked out in a panic, called my doctor and got an US immediately. Everything turned out to be fine, strong HB of 176 and measured on schedule at 10w4d. I had never heard of this being an issue before, but apparently it's more common than I thought. Just thought I would share in case anyone else finds themselves in the same freaked out boat! 

Re: Bleeding After Sex

• Twice!! Way to go! We've done it 3 times total since BFP. And thanks for the FYI, I've had minor spots immediately after but didn't know more bleeding was normal too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH and I literally haven't had sex once since the BFP, 1) I'm too anxious about it even though I know it's totally illogical, 2) I feel like crap and have zero interest in sex, 3) My boobs hurt and I don't want DH anywhere near them.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm also impressed you did it twice!! I have to make myself rally for once, lol. The window of me not feeling like shit is very small. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm jumping on the impressed that you did the deed twice in one day thread! So happy to hear that everything is okay! I can't remember the last time I had sex. Poor DH. We were in fertility treatments for so long- needles everywhere and crazy hormones- then to a very awful first tri with so much nausea, gas, etc- I imagine I'm the most unsexy creature in the world- and if he did come near me, I'd kill him,  and he knows it.  Ha!  You go, girl. I bow down. 
  • I had this happen as well, very scary especially being PGAL. I was prescribed pelvic rest til the end of first tri... secretly glad about that part.
  • Put me in the camp of no nookie since BFP, but not for any official reason.  

PSA:  later in my twin pregnancy I had bouts of persistent light contractions and I was put on medicine to control them.   We had sex one afternoon and ended up in the ER, because apparently that started them up again.   That was a really embarrassing trip to L&D.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Woof, I'm good for once a week these days.  Good for you.

From what I understand, bleeding after sex is hella normal, especially in 1st tri.  It's confusion soup all up in there, you know?  Glad to hear it's all turned out well for you so far!
  • ShawllsShawlls member
    edited July 2016
    Pretty sure we made this baby the last time we had sex! I'm also in the camp of feeling like crap during the first trimester (same as with my first).
  • VastraVastra member
    edited July 2016
    We've been off sex ever since some light pinkish/brown discharge a week ago, but at my nurse visit yesterday, she said "oh, and you can have sex. You SHOULD have sex!" And then reminded me that there could be some bleeding, and not to worry. There's added concern since I'm RH negative, but she assured me that since the blood isn't coming from my ute, it's okay. 
    Woof, I'm good for once a week these days.  Good for you.

From what I understand, bleeding after sex is hella normal, especially in 1st tri.  It's confusion soup all up in there, you know?  Glad to hear it's all turned out well for you so far!
    That sounds SO good right now. #weirdcravings
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Getting a pap and internal exam at the Dr can cause it too. When I went, she said well I got some blood when I did your pap, BUT it is coming from your cervix not your uterus and is normal. So if you spot the next day or so, totally normal and same after sex. I have an easily irritated cervix. Yay me! lol
  • Its normal. Its something to do with blood vessels being super sensitive and flow of blood. But I heard just a little is normal :)
  • My MW was very cute about this issue.  She told me in advance not to worry if I spot after sex, and then told me to enjoy my pregnancy sex since it's the only agenda-free sex I'll ever have, meaning not worried about getting pregnant OR not getting pregnant.  I've been in the once a week club so far.  The drive is pretty good but I just keep falling asleep way too early.  
  • I'm with the rest of you! We're once a week, but the hub's got extra lucky this past Sunday which given the events that unfolded afterwards, will likely be his last double dip for a long time!
  • I'm with the rest of you! We're once a week, but the hub's got extra lucky this past Sunday which given the events that unfolded afterwards, will likely be his last double dip for a long time!
    That made me laugh. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    *lurking from J17* So I had bleeding or spotting any time something went into my vagina for the entire 1st tri. Paps, fingers, u/s wand, penis, whatever. Now that I'm on to the 2nd, I haven't had any issues, so far. And, oh, does the drive return when you can stay awake past 7 pm and don't feel like your boobs are on fire. You'll be there soon! Kudos btw for those of you bangin' on through the 1st tri!! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker