March 2017 Moms

Bra question

FTM here!  My boobs have grown substantially and are spilling out if my bras.  I'm pretty sure they're going to continue growing, right?  When do I upgrade?  And what makes a maternity bra different?  I started as a 34D & these bad boys are not making it easy to keep my pregnancy on the DL.   :|
*TW* 
Me: 35 | DH: 38
Met: 2007
Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

Re: Bra question

• What makes a maternity bra different is that the straps unlatch in the front so you can nurse. I'm still nursing ds but I wear a normal bra. I got sick of the maternity ones, but I'm probably the minority on that I would guess
  • Loading the player...
  • Sports bras with cups are where it's at for now.
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Agree with @kjd291, buy one or two cheap ones in the size that currently fits you. I've gone up and down two sizes (pregnant, then breast feeding they got even bigger, then back down to pregnancy size, now they are back to my normal size --- for now) I have multiple sizes for every such occasion! If you want to look ahead to a nursing bra that will fit you at various sizes, I recommend bravado silk seamless nursing bra - I wore that 24/7 near the end of pregnancy and while nursing (can find on amazon). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited July 2016
    I bought twice: at the end of first tri and again at end of third tri when I get like I could estimate how big I would get when milk came in. Honestly if you are uncomfortable you could buy at least one for your own comfort. You can also try a bra extender.

Also I recommend those nursing sleep bras from motherhood maternity. Comfy for my DDs that became Hs!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, SPORTS BRAS all the way. Or bra less;) 

I just stock up on some nice looser fitting sports bras and they rock for nursing too. I'm a 32 C but usually end up a 36D by third tri so some room and air is lovely for the girls
    @AverageAsh