June 2016 Moms
Options

Heat rash/baby acne??

Anyone else having this issue? What are you doing for it? My son has bumps and rash looking blotches from his chin up the side of his face little bumps on  his head and another rash looking area on the back of his head the bottom part... I have been using dreft and haven't changed any body washes which is the Johnson and Johnson..so idk what's causing it.

Re: Heat rash/baby acne??

• Options
      From what I've read most skin problems in newborns are hormone-related from the mother, so I havent put anything on my daughter's acne and it's gone away for the most part.  She's 5.5 weeks old.  If you think it's a rash that's not acne I would ask the pediatrician.  
  • Options
    My LO's comes and goes.  He doesn't seem overly concerned about it and to me it seems to flare up when he has been warm generally after laying skin to skin on our chests.  I haven't done anything special except try to keep his face dry... Wiping up milk and the like.  You could try some aquafor ointment maybe.  I tried once but wasn't really convinced that it did anything special.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter got baby acne around 2-3 weeks old with no discernable changes to anything. Weird as it sounds, I started putting a little breast milk on it (she's a craptastic latcher and it ends up on her chin regardless, I just had to spread it around) and it's started to look a lot less red and clear up.  Could it be a coincidence?  Sure, but it can't hurt to give it a try if you're breastfeeding.    
  • Options
    Like the ladies above said, our LO's comes and goes as well, and it also seems worse in heat and sweat. Our pediatrician said there's no harm and it will go away, but if the look of it bothers us, we can try aquaphor or he even said not to be afraid to use trial and error with other lotions like aveeno. We usually just leave it alone and just keep her face clean.
  • Options
    Laur51615Laur51615 member
    edited July 2016
    Like some of the other ladies my ds has acne that comes and goes.  I've noticed it's worse when he is overly warm from being outside or if he had a messy feeding.  I've started using coconut oil on it and it seems to be helping clear it up.  It also smells amazing which is always a plus
  • Options
    My LO has baby acne so whenever she gets hot/sweaty I rinse her face with a cool wash cloth with water.

I just tried putting BM on it today because I've heard that can work- I'll keep ya posted!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I went to the doctor,it is indeed baby acne. They just suggested baby aloe Vera moisturizer! But it looks pitiful :(. Thanks for the feedback ladies
  • Options
    Payton gets it on and off and when my son Brian (he is 5 now) was a month old he got it real bad on his face I was so worried. 
  • Options
    I went to the doctor,it is indeed baby acne. They just suggested baby aloe Vera moisturizer! But it looks pitiful :(. Thanks for the feedback ladies

DS had baby acne for a couple weeks then suddenly it just disappeared.  Now he's got perfectly clear soft skin!