February 2017 Moms

Appointments week of July 25th

Who's poking and prodding you this week?

Re: Appointments week of July 25th

• This week we go in on Thursday for an U/S and our First Trimester Scan... They'll be doing blood work for genetic testing and also will extract baby's DNA from my blood and tell us if we're having a little boy or a little girl!! I can't wait to find out the results of the sex test!!! 

It feels like the first 8-9 weeks of pregnancy went by SO SLOWLY, and now all of a sudden we are about to start the 2nd trimester in a week! Holy moly! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have blood work and urine testing this week...and next week I go for another prenatal check up once I hit 11 weeks. 8/17 is my NT scan. My insurance won't cover the genetic test to determine gender unless my NT scan is suspicious...so it is the waiting game to see if I am having a boy or girl. Lately I have been leaning more towards baby being a girl....but that could also be in my head from playing around with Chinese gender predictors lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • On Wednesday I get to see my OB for the first time this pregnancy and he'll use the doppler to hopefully find a heart beat! I'll be 10 weeks that day so I'm so hoping we'll get to hear it. I'm excited that DH is coming so this will be his first time meeting my doctor. We'll decide at this appointment what tests we're going to do, I'm pushing for the NT screening test and I hope DH and the doctor agree.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I have to prick my finger for the NT scan blood work on Thursday!  I would literally rather go in and get blood drawn. Hah.  #wimpy

I feel like the way my doctor's office handles the NT scan blood work is unusual.  I just have to prick my own finger and place a couple of dots of blood onto a card, then mail that back into the lab.  Everyone else I've talked to has to go in and get blood drawn.  On the one hand, I'm happy to have one less appointment and copay, but on the other, I don't waaaaaant to stick my own finger!
  • I have my 12 week check up today! I mentioned this is my daily thread too, but I'm a bundle of nerves about finding the heartbeat. 5:30 can't come fast enough!

It's NBR, but I have a second appointment to worry about today. Our dog has been losing interest in food, and we're bringing him to the vet at noon. He's a former stray, so he usually inhales whatever he can get his paws on. I'm terrified that his teeth hurt and he needs a dental. He has a heart condition, so I dread having to put him under. Plus, we'll do what we need to, he's family, but it's SO expensive. 
  • Follow up with the OB on Friday, not sure what he's looking for, but know we're going to try and find the HB with the Doppler!!!
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have our NT scan tomorrow and an appointment with a genetics counselor and Friday I have an OB appointment.
  • @MonaLisaRalphio that is strange I've never heard of doing that, I hope it's not too bad. I'm not a fan of the finger prick either. My dad tried to donate blood once and got sent home because he passed out at the part where they prick your finger to check your iron count so you're not alone in hating that part!

@Xstatic3333 Good luck at your 12 week appointment. I'll be sending positive thoughts for your dog's vet appointment too, I really hope it isn't anything too bad!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited July 2016
    On Thursday I have my second appointment. I'll be 12 weeks. My first appointment they only did an ultrasound, which was great for me to see the baby, but was strange that they did nothing else at all. This time I'll do a urine sample, get the pap and cultures, and I'm assuming they will also do blood work. Any way it goes I've been dreading it since I made my first appointment. I thought this icky stuff was getting done at my first visit but it didn't. This is my 3rd so I know 10 billion people will have their hands and faces all over my vagina but I'm still a private person so all this stuff is basically torture to me. 

And also I'm the biggest baby about needles. I pre-warn Dr's and nurses of how much a baby I am so they know I'm a whiner and to be gentle lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have an u/s on Friday and I am so excited to see the little guy/gal! 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I see the OB tomorrow for the monthly check up. Will probably just hear the heartbeat and make sure all is good. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • 1) Appointment rescheduled for tomorrow morning.  MW out sick.

2) Is going to Babies 'r Us and spending my entire "fun" budget for the week on a doppler an overreaction to this news?
  • blush64blush64 member
    edited July 2016
    Edit forgot to add my own appt info. I go in on Wednesday for the NT scan and tests. It will be my last visit there and I won't need my shots or meds after Wednesday! So happy to be done.

@Xstatic3333 I hope your appointment goes well today. (And I hope your dog is ok)
    Edit Just read your update-it sucks you have to wait longer.
    @MonaLisaRalphio I would not want to stick my own finger either.  I do what I have to do but I much prefer someone else to do things like that. I have only heard of the regular blood draw for the testing.

• jab3-2jab3-2 member
    Oh man that sucks. Personally, I wouldn't do that though since the appointment is tomorrow morning. If it wasn't going to be for another week or even just a few more days, maybe, but for an early morning appt. I would wait even though way easier said than done I know. 

2) Is going to Babies 'r Us and spending my entire "fun" budget for the week on a doppler an overreaction to this news?
    If you are on a local mother exchange board maybe put a quick SOS for a used doppler. I always see them answered quickly and usually $20-40.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

If you are on a local mother exchange board maybe put a quick SOS for a used doppler. I always see them answered quickly and usually $20-40.
    Oh man I'm not yet. My local one isn't secret so I've been waiting to join until we go public. After this appointment goes well. Argh. 

Anyway, this is a FWP and I'm going to stop whining about it now. Thanks for your thoughts and support everyone. And Baxter thanks you too :smile:

@Xstatic3333 my appointment is tomorrow and I'm highly considering doing the same as you.... Patience, I have none. 
  • @blush64 appointment twins! I have my NT scan on Wednesday too. I'm so excited, nervous, terrified, and excited. Blah.
  • I have my OB nurse appointment tomorrow, right at 10 weeks. I'll be getting the PAPP-A and Free Beta hCG blood tests done then (I think) and schedule the NT scan for the next week, with the OB.  If my insurance covers finding the gender in the blood test I'm going to go for it, I'm into planning as much as possible. Trying not to stress too much.

• I have my first OB appointment tomorrow!! 

I I was supposed to have my progesterone checked today at my RE but no one told me to stop the Med the day before.. Oops so I am going tomorrow. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• ohstarsohstars member
    edited July 2016
    I went today for my 12w at my OB.  They couldn't get the hb on the doppler (I'm a chubby bunny, so that's normal), but they did an u/s, so I got to see my squirmy nugget again.  Everything looked good.  I have my official gestational diabetes diagnosis (boooooooo), but the rest of my labs look good.  

I go to see MFM on Friday for bloodwork, NT scan and consult on GD and my history of pre eclampsia.  It's a crazy week.

ETA - Anyone with diet-controlled GD questions, feel free to ask away.  I don't know much about the med controls, but I can talk low-carb diets/snack ideas all dang day. 
  • Packed week of appointments. Tomorrow I have my NT scan and counseling and lab draw for NIPT.  At the same place I meet with MFM to discuss my abnormal antibodies and to lay out a plan for monitoring.  I am hoping my levels continue to not change(which would be an indication that the baby doesn't have that blood type and thus should have no issues) and then the only issue left would be having blood available for me at delivery just in case.  I have been waiting for this appt since I found out just to have a plan in place.   Then on Thursday I have my routine 12 week appointment.  It's totally overkill but she wants me to keep appts at normal times with her.  

• Thursday -10 week apt to see if baby is progressing and how SCH is doing.. super nervous and just trying to stay confident that little beansprout is a fighter!
  • My second ultrasound appointment tomorrow at 11 weeks 4 days. We saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks and everything was fine, but for some reason I feel like I can't properly get excited until we get confirmation tomorrow. My partner has been so excited and we've begun to tell people, but I can't even muster up the excitement when they congratulate us! Not sure why I'm so anxious, but hopefully my mind will be set at ease tomorrow. 
  • I had an appt and u/s with the RE first thing this morning. I'm happy to say everything looked awesome, growth is right on track, baby was dancing around, and strong hb of 175. RE gave me the plan to go off of metformin (yay!) and I get to make a regular prenatal appt with my OB now. I cried when we left thinking how much time I've spent there over the past few years and feeling hopeful this would be our last time there. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Had an OB appointment this morning and she found the HB with the doppler
  • TB cut me off. Nothing else until NT scan next week 
  • VastraVastra member
    I had my nurse's appointment this morning with the one who is quickly becoming my favorite (super nice, very professional, but still gets my weird sense of humor). It was basically "continue to never smoke, do have the sex, call if anything feels weird and nobody will judge you."
     @MonaLisaRalphio and @marriedhamstermom , I hear you on the finger prick hate! They needed a hemoglobin count, so they did that today (I didn't have to it myself; I think I'd lie and tell them I was out of blood) but yes, I would rather take it in the arm than the finger! I am gonna have to get over this rull soon. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • I have my appointment with the Perinatologist tomorrow to measure the head, stomach and thigh bone. We found out last week we are having a boy through the first trimester blood work and genetic testing so I "think" he will also be verifying via ultrasound that it is indeed a boy, but I'm not sure if it is too soon for visible parts yet. 
  • I have my first meeting with a midwife tomorrow, I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. I also have my first ultra sound on Thursday which I am super nervous/excited about. I am really thankful that my husband's boss is letting him start work an hour early so he can make it in time for the appointment, I'm a wimp and totally need him there holding my hand in case the news is scary or not good. Of course I am hoping for the opposite though and that we'll see our little guy or girl healthy in there and he can watch me ugly cry tears of joy lol.
  • jab3-2jab3-2 member
    Great news Xstatic3333
  • Baby is doing great, SCH is stable, and we've got a nice strong heartbeat of 180!
  • First meeting with OB tomorrow for 12 week visit. Also, we will be finding out the sex tonight (not an appointment but just a fun family event for us).
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Met with midwife Monday, due to some bleeding in T1 she ordered a TVUS so we got 1st pic, heartbeat info 166 bpm & official due date 2/21. Good luck to everyone else @ their appointments. 
  • Had my last appointment at the fertility clinic Wednesday only to find out he wants me to come back in 3 weeks for a blood test. (That blood test can be done anywhere but he insists I see him) I truly hate having to go down there, it will be 9 hours out of the day for a blood test and a 2 minute conversation with the doctor.(including travel and waiting time) 

I am off all the meds and I am so happy that I do not need the injections anymore! 
  • Had our repeat u/s, everything looked good, he was happy with the colposcopy and no bleeding after the biopsy. NT scan on Monday! 
  • I had my follow up doctor's appointment today.  He tried to hear the heartbeat on the doppler, but was unable to.  I know I'm only ten weeks and I have a tilted uterus so that makes it more difficult, but I'm still sort of bummed.  He did do a quick ultrasound and was able to see the heartbeat, which was a relief.

Also, he recommended the Panorama blood screen, so we did that today too.  **TW** I have a previous unexplained miscarriage so DH and I thought it would give us peace of mind.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker