February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (7/25)

Re: Weekly Randoms (7/25)

• Sooooo I was supposed to get my progesterone checked this morning to see if I can stop my meds, but  somebody forgot to tell me that I needed not to take my meds last night...  So I took an extra shot in the butt for nothing. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• I didn't bump all weekend cause DH and I were busy and I missed everything good.

Life is hard.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I called in sick to work because I just didn't feel like going in. Now I'm watching TLC. Has anyone ever watched this show " My teen is pregnant and so am I" this is some weird stuff. 
  • My lower back/tailbone just started acting up. It is so darn uncomfortable! What the heck is this, lol. Also, DH seems to have caught the pregnancy hormones, because he was beyond moody yesterday. I was like wth dude! Pure crabapple, complaining about everything and spouting off. He was looking for our credit card, I told him in my wallet. He is standing right in front of my purse. Then he gets frantic "where's the wallet? Why can't you give me better directions?! OMG!" I'm like, in my purse...where my wallet always is. Hellooooo. And then he squawked the rest of the night like a pissed off bird. I was like thanks, cuz I totally need to deal with your moodiness on top of my own. Fantastic! LOL. Love him to death, but I was like if this keeps up, you may need to camp at your Mom's house for a hot minute to give me a break
  • Craigslisting all of our furniture that didn't make the "new house" cut. Seriously debating just putting it all out on the curb. The flakiness level of people on CL is incredible. I feel like I need five people interested to just have one person show up. Argh.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• We have no milk in the house. This wouldn't matter, because for two weeks now plain milk has all tasted bad to me. Suddenly today I woke up desperately needing cereal and milk.  WHY?!

I could go to the store, but I'm working from home and have to wait until 11. This is a serious first world problem.  :D
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • edited July 2016
    @WinchesterGirl  I'm home all day today (at least until DC pickup) and still seriously considering grocery delivery. Neeeeed my cheezits.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• We started our house hunt with 2 houses on Friday and 3 on Saturday. We LOVED one of the houses Friday and liked the other house but they were all awful on Saturday. One had wallpaper everywhere and green shag carpet and pretty low ceilings. DH could stand straight but had to duck through doorways. Another one DH couldn't even stand up straight the ceiling was so low. DH is tall 6'2" but that's not like abnormally tall or anything. The 3rd house Saturday just needed repairs in every single room. It felt like a deathtrap as we were walking through. Bricks were falling out of the fireplace, there were holes in the ceilings and floors, we were told there is arsenic in the water and asbestos siding... It was awful.

So now we're waiting on our realtor to give us information the offer we should be making on the house we loved Friday. Unfortunately we've heard there is other interest in the house so both DH and I are freaking out waiting to hear back from him. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I feel like a big fat failure. I went like 6 weeks without Diet Coke, but the other day it was the only thing I wanted to drink and I broke... and have had 1 every day since then. :( My coffee trick (I would drink coffee in the morning, thus expiring my caffeine allowance and forcing myself to not have diet coke) doesn't work because the smell of coffee makes me gag now. BOO.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @marriedhamstermom it seems like that's how it goes. Several years ago we had a realtor showing us a few houses and it was crazy. I felt like she picked the the worst houses she could find. No basements, holes everywhere, missing tubs and toilets, and sinks, right next to some shady apartment complexes. Then she showed us 1 that was very ideal. When we said we were interested she told us the house was under contract! I was so mad and thought to myself what an evil B. Why would she do that? Did you already get your pre-approval letter? If you did, then I know your on a time line, if not and the good house is already taken then take your time,  you will find "the one". Also have you tried searching any houses on your own. Husband and I used Zillow to search houses. We made a list of the ones we wanted to see and then called a realtor to set up the viewings. We liked it that way so much better. You can weed out all the junkers on your own, and the realtor will get a quick idea of what your actually looking for. Husband and I ended up finding our own house and put in an offer right away lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe I am really surprised we don't have grocery delivery here. The area I live in is VERY retiree heavy  (I know, Florida cliché)... so navigating the Publix parking lot is always interesting with all of the little grandma's in the giant boat cars who can't see you coming. We could really use grocery delivery!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @peachesnbean.  I feel ya.  I dropped coffee altogether but do enjoy a Diet Coke every other day or so.  It's less than 50 mg of caffeine so I think ok.  
  • @Partyof6? I noticed that too. I also thought maybe first time mom's would have questions about birthing options and what it's like, but maybe it's still too early for that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jab3-2jab3-2 member
    peachesnbean, I've done the same thing, but with regular coke not diet, so you're not alone. It's one of the few things I can drink that doesn't make me sick so even though I feel guilty, it's providing me with enough relief right now that I'm going with it. 
  • I feel like a big fat failure. I went like 6 weeks without Diet Coke, but the other day it was the only thing I wanted to drink and I broke... and have had 1 every day since then. :( My coffee trick (I would drink coffee in the morning, thus expiring my caffeine allowance and forcing myself to not have diet coke) doesn't work because the smell of coffee makes me gag now. BOO.
    I've eliminated coffee from my diet, only because it makes me so nauseous. Like you, I've switched to one Diet Coke a day. It's actually so refreshing and not for anything, but it makes burp a lot and I feel amazing afterwards, lol. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @Partyof6? and @kswiger06 - I actually posted a question previously on the symptoms list under the rant that I am already getting nervous about baby birth and what to expect and all that and if it was normal to be so nervous this early on. I don't recall getting an answer but I love the idea of experienced mommies chiming in to help out us first timers. :smiley: Please and thank you!!! 

• @marriedhamstermom - I also used zillow to set up searches so we could try and flag houses to send to our realtor.  Ours actually also set up an alert that would let us know as soon as a house that fit our specifications (budget, number of bedrooms, zipcodes) hit the official real estate database (I forget what it's called).  Those alerts were more accurate than Zillow or Red Fin and was great because we could see things as soon as they hit the market.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @marriedhamstermom Vote 3 for Zillow.  DH and I found our house on our own with zero help from any realtor.  We didn't get a realtor involved until we were ready to make an offer.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Craigslisting all of our furniture that didn't make the "new house" cut. Seriously debating just putting it all out on the curb. The flakiness level of people on CL is incredible. I feel like I need five people interested to just have one person show up. Argh.
    Our town has a FB online garage sale page and I've had people schedule a pick up and never show.

It is beyond annoying.  If someone changes their mind, it's fine, just let me know.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • I would love an ask a STM+ thread! 
  • @marriedhamstermom  Good luck on the offer!  I feel like that's the worst part of buying a house.  Spending time and energy seeing a bunch of houses, finally finding one that you love, and then waiting on pins and needles to see if your offer gets accepted.  

It seems so much easier on HGTV :/

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • kswiger06 said:
    @Partyof6? I noticed that too. I also thought maybe first time mom's would have questions about birthing options and what it's like, but maybe it's still too early for that. 
    At my booking ultrasound last week i was given the choice of delivery in 2 different hospitals with different birthing options & would really like some opinions from both stm's & other ftm's as to their thoughts but didnt see any threads for this & thought it was maybe a bit early for the feb board to start a new one of my own for it
  • My random thought today is that I was at my parent's house last weekend because they were having a lot of family in town.  We tried to keep the pregnancy a secret, and thought we did a decent job (well minus when I got up in the middle of church to go to the bathroom because I thought I was going to vomit.  I tried telling them I just really needed to pee).  Apparently not: As soon as we left, the rumor mill started flying.  So much for keeping a secret.  

TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @WinchesterGirl Have you checked to see if you have Shipt?  It's Publix specific and we actually have it in my little town.  They don't seem to advertise very well because if DH didn't work at Publix and tell me about it I would have no idea.

• @mjsommer Saw your response on the other randoms and wanted to let you know that I appreciate your feedback on the Kiinde system!  In light of your experience and based on my prior experiences pumping I think it may still be a good option for me, but I'm going to plan to restrain myself from getting much until I've had a chance to try it to see how it actually works for us (unless of course I find a great deal bc then it's a lot easier to resell if it doesn't work for us).  

I think my biggest concern is in how well the other bottle tops connect to the bags via the adaptors.  DD was picky about bottles and would only take tommee tippees, which is why this seemed like a great compromise- instead of spending $20 for a couple of bottles to try, you can just buy the bottle tops and not be out so much. 

• Thanks everyone! We do have our pre-approval letter ready for when we are going to make an offer so I think we're in a good place. Our realtor actually has a thing called a "portal" set up for us which has all the houses on like zillow or realtor.com etc... and it flags us with new ones that meat our criteria. He's able to see our favorites that we mark and any notes we make about them so it's pretty useful. The info is identical to zillow.

We pretty much picked the houses we wanted to see. The duds we saw on Saturday were because of crappy pictures that didn't show things clearly (like no way we could have known the ceiling would only be 6 feet high from a picture) and the crazy wallpaper house didn't show any carpet in the shots and the deathtrap house selectively avoided any holes... It does seem so much easier on HGTV! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @Partyof6? and @kswiger06 - I actually posted a question previously on the symptoms list under the rant that I am already getting nervous about baby birth and what to expect and all that and if it was normal to be so nervous this early on. I don't recall getting an answer but I love the idea of experienced mommies chiming in to help out us first timers. :smiley: Please and thank you!!! 

I can't rig myself to go into the symptoms thread cause I fear I will create false symptoms in my head..

but it my experience was good. I was 4 days past my EDD (which is VERY frustrating) and my water broke. I wasn't having contractions when I got to the hospital so I was started on pitocin. I advanced quickly from there and then eventually had my epi (I wanted to try as long as I could without it) and about an hour later I was ready to push. Pushed for about 45 minutes and finally had my daughter. There was some meconium when she was born so the NICU was there hey cleaned her up. I asked several times why she wasn't crying cause I felt like it was FOREVER but in reality it was a couple minutes MAX! They said they didn't want her to cry yet and then I heard her and I immediately fell asleep. I was exhausted. 

I can remember trying to sleep between pushes (which is not a long pause between them) and telling the nurse "no I'm just going to sleep" when she would tell me to push. The nurse was getting on my nerves cause I was done. Lol. 

I didnt make a huge birth plan but I knew what I wanted to do and I also knew that I shouldnt expect it to be like my plan and to roll with the punches. I also wanted to yell at my husband when he would tell me to just concentrate on the Packer game during contractions. I'm a HUGE fan and never would have thought I wouldn't care about the game. This was before my epi cause after my epi I was back to yelling at my crappy defense. 

I can also honestly say I don't remember the pain. I know there was and that I was crawling up the side of the bed but I can't for the life of me remember it. 

So that's it.. The forth trimester was a completely other story!!! This one HAS to be easier!! It just HAS to!! 

Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13

• FishyMomFishyMom member
    edited July 2016
    I just saw the GTKY so I copy and pasted.. Oops!

• @BlondePeanut I hate to admit it, but I have been skipping some of the threads. Sometimes by the time I notice them there are just way too many posts for me to even try and catch up. I'm sorry I never saw any of your questions because I'm a sharer and like telling stories lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am reading The Girl on the Train  right now and I keep watching the preview looking for clues. LOL

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @peachesnbean  I read this last summer and it was really good!

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • I am reading The Girl on the Train  right now and I keep watching the preview looking for clues. LOL

I wasn't all that impressed.... but I think the hype that everyone around me had for the book may have been what killed it... Idk.

• @kswiger06 - no worries!! I am thinking of opening the new mommies ask experienced mommies thread soon if no one else does lol, I think it is a great idea

• @marriedhamstermom redfin.com is the most up to date because it's attached to the realtor thing, people don't have to update it.
  • I also read Girl on the Train.  It was either before all the hype or I was just obvious to the hype.  I actually did it via audiobook/audible, and I found it to be really confusing until I caught ahold of the timeline.  With it changing perspectives and not being able to see the timeline between chapters, I was really confused.  Once I got it figured out, I liked it.  

TTC Since 11/2015
  • I just accidentally posted the outline questions for the GTKY - Birth Stories into a group skype chat with 6 coworkers.  I meant to send a link to a work application, but I guess when I pressed ctrl C, it didn't copy the link and I ctrl v'd and hit enter all at the same time, so it was sent before I even looked at it.  I was able to edit it to remove the GTKY questions after a few very long seconds, but I'm kind of mortified.  I just outed myself for bumping at work, and outed myself for being pregnant I guess.  :neutral:
  • @ohstars - oh no!  well. that's one way to tell colleagues you're pregnant! 

TTC Since 11/2015
  • Oh my goodness!! Oops! 

• @winchestergirl @silvercamaro77 oooooh yall Publix just announced that they are opening 10 stores in my city.  I've never been to one, but have heard nothing but great things.  I'm gonna need all the inside scoop.