August 2016 Moms

Re: UO 7/21/16

• DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited July 2016
    I'm annoyed by the whole Trump's wife plagiarized Michelle Obama thing... None of them write their own speeches. Who cares.
    While I see how crappy it is to plagiarize speeches, I think this country has a lot of other problems.  My whole FB news feed was filled with that crap and it's really eye rolling to me.  Melania Trump means almost nothing to me and will not be affecting my life.  Michelle Obama is a badass.  She even told the speech writer how much she looked up to the First Lady.
  • Loading the player...
  • This Ted Cruz nonsense is also boring.  I don't care if he endorses Trump or not.  I really didn't think his speech was also that disrespectful to Trump.  I thought that Trump didn't need Cruz.
  • @DDRRT1982  Way too many other problems. 
  • DDRRT1982 said:
    This Ted Cruz nonsense is also boring.  I don't care if he endorses Trump or not.  I really didn't think his speech was also that disrespectful to Trump.  I thought that Trump didn't need Cruz.
    YES.  I would respect him less if he did endorse Trump.  Their views don't align what so ever.  Who cares if they're the same party, don't endorse someone who doesn't agree with your views. Voting 101.
  • DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited July 2016
    While I will never vote for Trump, I do have to agree what a turn off this election is.  I use to be very involved in politics and world news, but I agree it is a circus.  Both parties have disappointed me.  Social media hasn't helped. I find all the tweeting and business very un-presidential.
  • The speech thing is stupid in that it really is such an insignificant thing that both sides are making into way too big of a deal.  If they just came out and said "oops, yes, that was from Michelle's speech, our bad" then neither side would have had a reason to go on and on about it.  But all the finger pointing and citing fucking My Little Pony as a rebuttal is what is ridiculous.  I'm sure it was a mistake, just own it and move on.

But yeah, I'm totally disillusioned with the whole election process this year.  Everything has devolved into a total shit show and there's really no good option (but there's definitely a very, very, scary wrong one).
  • @Lynnlove28 I agree with you on the fb posting. I am also all for breastfeeding and don't think it is right when I hear stories of moms being shamed, but hate the "look at me" pics. 
  • cm716cm716 member
    My UO: I don't care what color your spoon is.
  • My uo is that I'm gonna "throw away my vote" by voting third party. Why do people vote for a candidate they don't believe in??
    This. My husband keeps joking that he is going to write in Red Foreman! I'm beginning to think he isn't joking anymore. 
  • Lydiadiane said:
    My uo is that I'm gonna "throw away my vote" by voting third party. Why do people vote for a candidate they don't believe in??
    Perhaps my view is a UO.
    I believe the potential destructive outcome for our country is huge and what laws would be passed (or freedoms taken away) terrifying if Trump wins.  Not voting for Hilary means one less vote against that since there isn't a third party candidate that has enough of a base to win. Voting for her means one more vote towards putting in place a viable alternative. A write in vote does nothing to prevent what I think would be a worse outcome. I'm not super excited by her but I think she's a qualified candidate. Unless we move to having proportional representation in our elections I don't see 3rd party candidates as viable at a national level.

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • A third party candidate doesn't need to win to make a difference. They need 15% to be included in the national debates, which would be a big game changer. Especially for all those out there who think there are only 2 options. I will not be forced to choose the "lesser of two evils."
  • A third party candidate doesn't need to win to make a difference. They need 15% to be included in the national debates, which would be a big game changer. Especially for all those out there who think there are only 2 options. I will not be forced to choose the "lesser of two evils."
    Perhaps that's where our differences lie. I don't think having them as part of the debate is a game changer or makes a meaningful impact on a national level. I'm concerned about who ends up voted into office since it's a winner take all system and they all talk a big game as politicians.

I don't think anyone is forced to choose the lesser of 2 evils, if someone really feels like they don't want either choice/ neither is qualified, they can obviously write in, vote alternative parties or not vote. However I think if you vote that way you should be equally ok with either establishment candidate winning. 

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @AliKay20 same thing happened to me this year. All these people who wanted nothing to do with me in high school suddenly want to be my friend on Facebook just because our 10-year reunion is next year and a group was started for it.
  • @lalalorelai that's my fb friend rule too. Works pretty well! 
  • @lalalorelai That's my test, too! The only exception is if I really like the things someone posts.