September 2015 Moms
Options

Symptoms of first PPAF?

Sketner610Sketner610 member
edited July 2016 in September 2015 Moms
Hey ladies...I'm breastfeeding my almost 10month old right now and haven't had my first ppaf yet. I was just wondering if there were signs that it was coming? Right now I'm 18dpo (give or take a day)(got a +opk on 6/29, but don't temp so understand that I may not have really ovulated), and I've been having some weird things going on with my body. Cramps and extreme bloating at about 6dpo-12dpo, then brown spotting with so light cramping at 15dpo (lasted only a few hours on and off), and now sharp nipple pain during initial latch while breastfeeding (has only happened a couple times). I should mention that I got a bfn from a hpt at 14dpo....Does this sound familiar? Could this be a ppaf? Or maybe pregnancy? I just hate not knowing what is going on with my body. Ugh 

Re: Symptoms of first PPAF?

• Options
    I am pregnant again with those symptoms. I took a test when I was sure I was pregnant and it was negative. Took a test a week later and it was positive. At my ultrasound, I was further along than the positive test would have indicated since I had a negative test the week before.
  • Options
    Couldn't tell you but my first PP period was nothing like that. It was fairly normal. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @apiland Do you remember how many days post ovulation you were or how many weeks when you finally got a bfp? I'm trying to decide when I should test again. We're your symptoms happening for you around the same dpo that mine happened? Would I be cramping and spotting that long after ovulation if I were pregnant? 
  • Options
    lnds32lnds32 member
    I am also still breastfeeding my 10 month old and just had my first period 2 weeks ago. It washers much like all my previous periods from before pregnancy. Not really any symptoms though, it just started out of nowhere.
  • Options
    I never had a period pp and so I don't really know. I wasnt tracking ovulation. I had light spotting that I thought was the start of my period,, but once again based on the size of the fetus, would have been a week later than typical for me. 
  • Options
    I'm still nursing and got my first period last week. I had really bad stomach cramps two weeks prior and I spotted a week before that. Very similar to how I felt during pregnancy but thankfully (I have four boys!) it was just my period slowly coming back.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've had two periods so far, the first one April 20, the second one around the beginning of June and then it never came back. But I feel like I've been PMSing for the past month with some similar symptoms: crampy, bloated, a few days of sharp nipple pain. I've also had the stringy ovulation discharge on and off over the last few weeks. But still no period! I have taken a pregnancy test and I'm not pregnant, my cycle has just been so bizarre ever since it came back. Some bodies just have trouble readjusting to mensuration I suppose.
  • Options
    Mine started back up eight months pp, but I don't track ovulation.  It's the same as it was pre-pregnancy. I still get staggeringly sleepy premenstrually  like I used to,  only now, it's not easily differentiated from the typical baby exhaustion.