October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 07.18.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 07.18.2016

• While we're (loosely) on the subject....did you know that we were "pretty rough" over here on O16? This info brought to you courtesy of late night lurking due to sleeplessness last night. (March intro thread page 3) 
    BRB! Going to check this out!
    Looks like, unfortunately, she left us in March and we were all still pretty new to each other then and adjusting to the tone and snark in the group, which I personally think is suuuuuuper low. I think it's odd that O16 has that rep! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • While we're (loosely) on the subject....did you know that we were "pretty rough" over here on O16? This info brought to you courtesy of late night lurking due to sleeplessness last night. (March intro thread page 3) 
    BRB! Going to check this out!
    Looks like, unfortunately, she left us in March and we were all still pretty new to each other then and adjusting to the tone and snark in the group, which I personally think is suuuuuuper low. I think it's odd that O16 has that rep! 
    That was my thought too! 
  • Loading the player...
  • MRSCORKER said:
    I've never come across a LFAF person who wasn't super sweet. As a group, they might be opinionated and/or snarky but that's a generalization. Most of them have been around for a long time and have valuable input. Maybe this is an UO but if this group isn't their jam, that's ok. You can't agree with everyone on the internet ;)

Since I'm in a wondering mood, I also wonder if our Knottie lurker is still lurking randoms and waiting for someone to wonder why Knottie lurkers lurk but don't post. In order to defend the honor of Knottie lurkers everywhere?
    This made me LOL. 
    THIS... literally all of this :)
    Umm, we're ridiculously tame. 

I actually remember her. She was pretty active and seemed to fit right in. I think that makes her "rough," too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm surprised the April 2017 board hasn't been started yet! Usually there are a few "Testing in 2 weeks, hope to be here!" posts by now. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I haven't been feeling particularly snarky lately, but "rough" definitely isn't how I would describe us! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Rough?  LMAO, rough how?  

• @annabenanna... probably the latter. I mean, when I was VERY new to TB, I thought some of the things people said were mean, but I sat back and watched vs complained about it (but none of it was directed at me, so there's that). We were certainly never actually rough compared to other boards but have definitely become even more tame over time... I guess as we got to semi-know/like each other :)
  • @bnsmith85, the curious thing is that I feel like all the meanies (the rough bunch?) are now gone!  LOL.  I used to get so intimidated to reply and participate in threads when we first started this board... but now that all the mean ones are gone, I feel so much freer to be myself and say what I wanna say. lol.  
  • WHAT DID I MISS! I've been super busy with work this week and traveling for my shower. 100+ comments later and I'm all caught up. We're definitely some rough hooligans up in O'16 ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is a dumb question, but how could you guys tell they were part of the LFAF group? Did they have it in their tickers or something?
  • agreed @annabenanna... I was more reserved in the beginning as well. Now you all get to see all the crazy over here ;)
  • @CopperBoom86 that made me LOL

@bnsmith85 Half the time I don't actually get to folding clothes. They just sit in the basket and we pull out what we need and then we just end up doing laundry again...maybe this should be my FFFC lol I've been trying to get better at it lately but it's a struggle.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bnsmith85  DH and I have fluffed a load of laundry multiple times, put it out on the kitchen table so we'd see it and HAVE to fold it, moved it into the bedroom and covered it up with a blanket because I hosted book club, and subsequently moved it back out to the kitchen table.  And I don't actually hate doing laundry.  I just hate that it's 90% DH's clothes and they're harder to fold.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • @bnsmith85 Girl I am the same way. Sometimes I keep my laundry in the dryer day after day to "get the wrinkles out" just so I don't have to fold it and put it away. I am hoping that baby clothes will be so cute that I'll be motivated to fold them and put them in her little dresser...though I'm sure my own clothes will still be sitting on top of the dryer.

I swear I'm not a lazy person, I just abhor laundry!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• CopperBoom86 said:
    Rough?  LMAO, rough how?  

Maybe like dis?

LMAO @CopperBoom86 I'm super behind and trying to catch up...def laughed out loud at this
  • Lmao! You guys crack me up. How the heck do we have a bad rap? We're the nicest BMB I've seen round here. Super tame!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Lol @ rough. There is literally no snark here.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • I have to admit, when I first joined, I was a but intimidated to post stuff/start a new thread because I wasn't sure if I'd get flamed for doing something wrong, but it didn't take long to wear off.

Different random - I wanna go for sushi (vegetarian) for dinner but hubby doesn't wanna go and normally I don't mind going by myself but I haven't been around adults all day so I don't wanna go by myself (granted hubby is outside hanging by himself at the moment so I'm still by myself :/ )
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Yeah in the beginning there was some def snark slinging, but ive come to realize that it was not by anyone I see regularly on here now. 

Kinda helped me come outta my shell a bit... much love and support all around is really nice... 

Also.  Big thanks for turning me on to Stranger Things!! Been binge watching all day! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yeah in the beginning there was some def snark slinging, but ive come to realize that it was not by anyone I see regularly on here now. 

Kinda helped me come outta my shell a bit... much love and support all around is really nice... 

Also.  Big thanks for turning me on to Stranger Things!! Been binge watching all day! 
    Now I'm off to google "Stranger Things".  Someone had posted about it the other day, but my pregnant brain forgets who?  Thanks for the reminder Alikvasnok!  

We have been in a tv show rut.... can't find anything to watch.  We tried getting into Aquarius, but meh.  Then tried to get into Mr. Robot again, but meh. 
  • Ugh my damn shower invitation is in the mailbox, FI has the mailbox key in his pocket (because he doesn't put shit back where it belongs...) plus he is working at the office until 8, and nobody will show me a picture of what it looks like.
  • mizzkbrat said:
    Ugh my damn shower invitation is in the mailbox, FI has the mailbox key in his pocket (because he doesn't put shit back where it belongs...) plus he is working at the office until 8, and nobody will show me a picture of what it looks like.
    I'm so jealous of you guys who have paper invites!  It makes me so sad that I don't have any.  But that is a #firstworldproblem so I'm just gonna deal.  Hahaha.

I will say that I want to do the thank you favors myself, because I want to be part of SOMETHING.  So I'm now researching some nautical/coastal ideas for favors.  I'm leaning towards air plant arrangements, because I've done it before and because they are cheap and yet classy!
  • I'm going to the gym this afternoon even though I've felt awful all day because I need to sit and chill for a while. 

• @annabenanna Watch Hannibal! Soooo good!
  • @annabenanna Watch Hannibal! Soooo good!
    The show?  There's a show?  Also @AllyTheKid, I saw something this morning and I made a mental note to tell you, because it's in relation to funny guys and how they're more attractive because they're funny.

Conan O Brien is in town this week, and I HEART HIM and crush him so much.  DH is like "you think he's attractive?  why?"  But I do think he is.  *swoon*  I will have all his redhead babies anytime.  
  • My MIL is giving everyone mini trees to plant so I like your idea. @annabenanna

FYI - Not the ones you smoke. 

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • @nlane0723 that's such a great idea!  What is the theme of your baby shower?  
    Your MIL sounds like a rockstar... I wanna trade MIL's with yours.  LOL
  • My mom is annoying me 

my due date is 10/2. Ideally I want this baby to come on 10/7 so I get the rest of the year off. At my anatomy scan, my ultrasounds said she was measuring a week ahead so 9/26. Ever since then my mom has not let it get out of her head that she will be born 9/26. I keep telling her it was measurements but she won't listen. So she forwarded me an email to read and at the bottom it says "my first grandbaby will be here in September!!!"  Get it through your head, ITS OCTOBER!