Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Three year old getting out of bed

My three year old keeps getting out of bed, but staying in his room.  I know that doesn't seem like a problem, but I just now found him asleep in the corner, under his blanket, with an extension cord by his face (it goes into the closet to power his monitor and noisemaker and there isn't a big enough portion out of the closet to be a problem, but it was still terrifying.) He also punched through the screen on his window this week (our windows open out, so the screens are on the inside).  His windows are locked and hard to open even when unlocked, but I am starting to worry about his safety.  I have no idea what to do.. please help!

Re: Three year old getting out of bed

• Options

I don't think that sleeping on the floor sometimes is a big deal but the other stuff you mentioned is a little scary.

What does he say when you talk to him about this? A 3 year old should understand so what does he say? I would probably be laying down some rules about this and telling him there will be consequences for doing things that are unsafe.

It's probably a phase but one you have to nip in the bud now.

• Options
    CLuxemCLuxem member
    We talk all the time about safety and had a big talk this morning about where I found him and that it's dangerous to get out of bed.  Basically he always agrees with me, and then is right back doing it again.  I have started taking things out of his room when he does these things, but I am quickly running out of items (we don't keep a lot of toys in there).  UGH. I do hope it is just a phase.