March 2017 Moms
Options

So... sick....

Is anyone at this point feeling like they are being tortured? I am not throwing up (yet) but between the extreme nausea, exhaustion and wonderful constipation.. I'm questioning why we all put ourselves through this

Anyone else feeling like, wow, maybe this wasn't such a beautiful, amazing idea after all! :neutral:
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So... sick....

• Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited July 2016
    Yep. It sucks. But one miraculous day in a few weeks you hit the 2nd tri and feel amazing. Keep your eyes peeled for the light at the end of the tunnel!

have you tried b6 for nausea yet? I started taking it and feel so much better this week compared to last 
  • Options
    I was just telling my husband "why does pregnancy make me feel so miserable?"  I've mostly got the morning sickness and constipation figured out, but I'm also SO tired.  I swear DH thinks I'm lazy.  I don't feel like myself at all.
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy and like no other. I was sick almost all 9 months with previous two, with this one I barely even feel pregnant. I have exhaustion and bloating but it's not bad at all. I can see how people like being pregnant if their pregnancies are like this one so far. 
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    have you tried b6 for nausea yet? I started taking it and feel so much better this week compared to last 
    This is a lifesaver.  My doctor recommended the b6/Unisom combo and I had no nausea Saturday morning.  Sadly, wasn't the case this morning, but it didn't stick around as long as it usually does.
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am genuinely surprised at how miserable I feel, and I haven't thrown up once!  I guess I always assumed that pregnancy was unpleasant because you were running to the bathroom to puke all the time.  I hadn't contemplated that I would be totally incapacitated around the clock even without all the vomiting.  

I have a high-stress job (I get to sit at a desk all day, but it's a lot of work nonetheless), and I've spent the whole weekend stressing about how I'm possibly going to go in tomorrow and all next week. I already said I was under the weather last week to get out of some lunches and happy hours, so I'm not sure how much longer I can use that excuse...

I am also feeling guilty because I struggled with infertility, so I feel bad complaining about something I worked so hard for and want so badly. I know there are so many women who would give anything to have these problems. At the same time...this sucks.

• Options
    I am SO sick - no actual vomiting but incredibly nauseated during all waking hours.  This is pregnancy number four and by far it has been the worst.  I had some bad nausea with #3 in the mornings and I wore acupressure bracelets that made it tolerable.  I am thinking of ordering a pair this time around.  

• Options
    vprodvprod member
    Yep I've been taking the unisom (doxylamine) since last night and actually I think it's been worse. I've taken B6 (25mg) as a daily supplement to my prenatal (which has like 18mg) for about 2 weeks now, so I haven't adjusted that.

I was totally fine up until 2 days ago when I just kept having this gross, never ending feelng. Might just start taking the Zofran left over from the stomach flu that I had a month or two ago. 
  • Options
    MK1013 said:
    @PattersRN constipation relief tips, please??? 
    I just upped my fiber and water intake.  I use the Costco generic for Benefiber a few times a day as well.  Seems to have helped.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MK1013 said:
    @PattersRN constipation relief tips, please

Qbf
    Drink water! (it can't hurt, anyway)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor recommended 25 mg of B6 up to three times daily and I am pretty sure it's making a difference. I'm not 100%, but the nausea is definitely better!
  • Options
    Yea I feel like garbage.
  • Options
    Complete and total crap @NurseMama and I'm also apparently an insomniac now so there's that... 
  • Options
    rebennett06rebennett06 member
    edited July 2016
    I do not remember feeling THIS bad THIS soon with DS. I'm exhausted, have a three day headache, and CONSTANT and NEVER ENDING nausea. Not to mention constipation, which is totally helping the nausea. Oh and gas bubbles so often if I didn't know better I would think I was further along and feeling kicks
  • Options
    @rebennett06 OMG THE GAS. I'm just lightly nauseous at 5+3, but I am a burping and farting machine. It's nonstop and sometimes a bit distressing--I think something is cramping, and then I realize nope, just have to let one loose. So gross  :/
    Me: 30, mild DOR
    Him: 31, totes fine.
    IUI #1: 5 follicles, cycle cancelled :-/
    IUI #2: 1 follicle, BFP, chemical
    IVF #1: 12 follicles, 9 eggs, 1 fresh 5dt and 4 on ice. BFP, beta #1: 326, beta #2: 841 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had fairly bad MS with my first so I was prepared....or so I thought. I started with horrible nausea before the end of week 4! Now I feel sick pretty much all the time and can't concentrate on anything. I haven't the constipation - instead of have bouts of the opposite. :(  I'm not even six weeks now and I'm scared. 

Has anyone else had issues with their head other than headaches. For two days i've had this weird hot feeling in my sinus area. Like it's draining me of energy and feels like maybe I have a fever but I don't. hmmm
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry!  I still have major residual effects from my virus so although I know my symptoms aren't caused by pregnancy, I'm your sister in sorrow when it comes to digestive issues (only mine is opposite of yours :neutral:).  I'm sick of hydrating and am craving cold beer.  I'm going alcohol-free for the duration but good GOD what I wouldn't do for an ice cold lager.  Boo.  I think I'm still too early for MS but I'm not looking forward to it.  I'm a wuss when it comes to nausea.  Hope you turn the corner soon!
  • Options

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @anonellis My stupid phone is not posting right! LOL What I was saying is I understand and agree. We planned for this baby and I'm so nauseous and exhausted I don't know why I'm doing this yet I feel horrid complaining. I too have a high stress desk job and yes it is work! At least my partner is supportive and understanding. Couldn't do this without him...literally! LOL

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    How on earth does one keep a pregnancy a secret when you're running to the bathroom to puke at work?!?!?

I feel like my anonymity will be over very soon.  
  • Options
    I actually woke up with no morning sickness this morning and I'm so happy. It's been 2 weeks. Boobs still sore and am exhausted, but it's so good not to have that push-feeling in my stomach for at least a few hours.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ShaunaT25 said:
    How on earth does one keep a pregnancy a secret when you're running to the bathroom to puke at work?!?!?

I feel like my anonymity will be over very soon.  
    Seriously!! I have a full week of activities with friends. There is no way I'm hiding this. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Boobs are sore, light nausea, and this horrible headache on one side of my head that started 2 days before my BFP. My morning sickness started around week 8 with #1, I'm bracing myself for what's to come! 
  • Options
    vprodvprod member
    Agh so last night I took 1/2 of a Unisom sleep tab, laid down and got immediate, intense dizziness.

The only thing that saved me from throwing up all over my bed was the fact that it also almost immediately knocked me out. I guess I have a bad reaction to Doxy. Thought that would get me through the next few weeks if I gave it a real fighting chance. Oh well. 

I am now experimenting with just 2mg of Zofran, 2x per day since 4mg is just too strong for me (again, knocks me out. I'm sensitive!).

Thinking about getting this ReliefBand, anyone have one? https://amzn.com/B00PG4NUOS
  • Options
    Oh heck yea, I feel terrible. But also, in a weird way I find relief in that... Every time I feel like I'm about to vom (which is essentially all the time), it reminds me that I'm pregnant and actually makes me happy. (TW) To be fair, this is probably because I lost one baby to a MMC, so any reassurance of a stubborn sticky baby is a good one for me - even the horrible symptoms. 
  • Options
    I feel like I am throwing up a lot earlier this pregnancy than my last- I've thrown up 3 times at work this week and it's only Tuesday. Ugh!! Thankfully there are 2 bathrooms near my office that are easily accessible. 

I feel exactly like you @DaniBanani16! Is it weird that I don't want to treat the MS to keep reassuring me that it is there? 
  • Options
    MrvlMrvl member
    I've been completely overtaken by pure exhaustion. The nausea is on and off.. yesterday i felt fine (which got me worrying.. ) today im hating solid foods and work from bed (and wondering why i didn't enjoy yesterday more;) ) we're in the middle of a heat wave so that doesn't help.. i'm trying to stay calm and hydrated. Because of the heat all smells are more intense.. yep.. more nausea. Thank god due date is not during summer
  • Options
    I finally had to cave and get meds from my OB.  My nausea was so bad that I wasn't getting anything done at work and I was losing weight from not eating.  I feel SO much better, even though the meds make me tired.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @PattersRN what meds are you taking if you don't mind my asking? I took zofran with my first, and the doc told me yesterday about diclegis, which sounds like it might be better option this time around. Just wondering how well it works if those are the meds you happen to be taking!

edited because grammar 
  • Options
    Puking, nausea, puking... Thinking about puking.... 

• Options
    vprodvprod member
     just popping in to say: " :'(:'( "
  • Options
    I started taking B6 today but took 100mg by accident and it's worked within hours, if that gives you an indication. My doc said to take only 50 mg though max. Hope we all get rid of this nausea and exhaustion soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    @MK1013 it wasn't immediate - maybe 24 hours later I noticed a difference. It's not a magic cure! I still feel sick, still throw up if my stomach is empty.  just personally am not feeling 24/7 nausea I had before I was taking it.
  • Options
    @CanadianintheSouth Zofran it's a godsend!!  Diclegis is basically a mix of vitamin b6 and the active ingredient in Unisom tablets.  I tried that OTC and it only worked for one night.  I didn't want to have to resort to prescription meds, but I wasn't functioning at work.  My doc gave me phenergan for bedtime and Zofran for the day.  I only take it 1-2x/day.  I felt the best I've felt this morning after taking it!  There was a recent lawsuit against the makers of Zofran due to concerns over birth defects, but I read a lot of research and more recent studies have not indicated a problem with the drug.  For me, the benefits outweigh the potential risks. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @PattersRN thanks for the insight! My doctor said she would prescribe me zofran and that she had some samples of diclegis for me to try as well for at night. I am not throwing up yet, just gagging, and I hinted that maybe I won't be as sick as I was the first time around (throwing all day long 7 weeks - 18 weeks unless I took zofran), but she said I will most likely be that sick again  :( So much for hoping. Just trying to get myself prepped with meds ready when it hits because I have two trips planned in the next two weeks, and one is out of the country so I need to get prescriptions ahead of time!
  • Options
    @CanadianintheSouth yeah, I didn't really think about the fact that the sickness would just steadily get worse.  Initially, I was able to somewhat manage by eating frequently (including 3am) and spending an hour in bed in the morning drinking ginger ale and eating cashews.  I got the meds yesterday and slept all through the night, when I got up, my nausea was so bad, I almost puked in the hallway going to get my bottle of zofran.  I took it, laid back down and 20 mins later, I was able to get up and go have a cup of coffee with DH for the first time in 2 weeks.  I also actually ate dinner tonight.....baby steps.  Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @PattersRN my husband used to wake me up before he left for work so I could take my pill, then when I would wake up an hour later the meds had kicked in already. You do what you can to get by!
  • Options
    vprod said:
    Is anyone at this point feeling like they are being tortured? I am not throwing up (yet) but between the extreme nausea, exhaustion and wonderful constipation.. I'm questioning why we all put ourselves through this

Anyone else feeling like, wow, maybe this wasn't such a beautiful, amazing idea after all! :neutral:
    Uh, yes. You are definitely not alone! The past week has been absolute misery for me. I told DH that I actually had the thought that maybe I'm just not cut out for this. :neutral:
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PattersRN said:
    @CanadianintheSouth Zofran it's a godsend!!  Diclegis is basically a mix of vitamin b6 and the active ingredient in Unisom tablets.  I tried that OTC and it only worked for one night.  I didn't want to have to resort to prescription meds, but I wasn't functioning at work.  My doc gave me phenergan for bedtime and Zofran for the day.  I only take it 1-2x/day.  I felt the best I've felt this morning after taking it!  There was a recent lawsuit against the makers of Zofran due to concerns over birth defects, but I read a lot of research and more recent studies have not indicated a problem with the drug.  For me, the benefits outweigh the potential risks. 
    I saw a recent study as well that suggested birth defects were actually attributable to the severe morning sickness rather than Zofran but I can confirm the lawsuit is still ongoing and is a very large class action suit.  I don't think I should say much about it b/c I don't have all the facts at all - but H is representing the plaintiffs in the case (another reason I probably shouldn't say much about it).  It sounds like it's a very effective drug but I'll just put the reminder out that there's more information on this issue than can be found on the internet.  I feel like I'm in a bit of an awkward position here - I want to share helpful information and don't want to raise alarms but at the same time I'm not qualified to give out medical or legal advice.  I guess just take my comment with a grain of salt.  H has an intimate knowledge of the case and has a very negative view of the drug.  If he gives me any concrete information backed up by facts/literature that are part of the public record, I'll be happy to share it.  

Full disclosure, I work in the biotech industry and am very pro-pharma so this is not coming from an anti-Rx POV.