Multiples
Options

Nanny advice with multiples and more

Hi all -

I am a mommy of four - 4 year old girl, 2 year old girl and 3 month old twin boys.  I am returning to work in a couple months and have started evaluating my options for childcare.  I like the idea of hiring a nanny/babysitter to come to my home to watch the kids but have some questions/concerns - with my children being so young, would you all leave them all with one sitter?  Taking care of all four is a chore even for me and their father.  If you think four is too much for one nanny, would you hire two nannies?  One for the babies and one for the toddlers?  Also, what do some of you pay nannies for watching your multiples?  Thank you in advance for your help!  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Vanessa
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nanny advice with multiples and more

• Options
    Im still pregnant with my twins. We are planning to get a nanny for the twins and sending our toddler (2.5 yo) to preschool. My toddler is high energy so we just assumed it would be too much to ask of one nanny. 

We are planning to pay $15-$17/hour but nannies in our area can get paid up to $25/hour. $15 is on the lower end. We lucked out and found someone that really wanted out of the daycare environment back to nanny care. 

Good luck with your decision/search! 
  • Options
    I have a nanny for my 8 weeks twins and almost 3 year old. She also bring her 1.5 year old son. She does a really great job of handling all the kids. I am still on maternity leave so I am here also but I have all the faith that she can handle it. She came from a primrose so she is used to multiple kids at one time. The only thing I will say is that I feel like there isn't a lot of time for learning for my 2 year old. I am ok with it for now but l plan to get my 2 year old into a local preschool program. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    our part-time nanny started when the twins were 7 weeks old, and we pay her $20/hour. She also does their laundry and washes bottles. We live in Silicon Valley, though, and we saw a lot of other nannies in the $25/35 range here. We're moving in a month across the country (the babies will be 23 weeks) so I'm starting the search process there now...
    Pregnancy Ticker