November 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnancy brain.....

lunakiba9lunakiba9 member
edited July 2016 in November 2016 Moms
OK, now this is getting annoying. I didn't think that pregnancy brain was a thing, but now I literally have to write everything down in my phone... and I STILL forget to check it to remember stuff! Anyone else feeling like they have EXTREME ADD? What did you forget?

Re: Pregnancy brain.....

• Options
    Oh it's real... frozen waffles go in the freezer, not the cupboard. Milk goes in the fridge, not the dishwasher. I've caught myself putting things like these in the wrong places several times(at least it's usually while I'm in the act and not after)

Oh and I just left one of my dogs outside for about 20 minutes and totally forgot until DH asked me where she was... Outside at 10:30pm. At least it's not raining or stupid hot. She was just chilling in the backyard doing dog things. I actually had to call her in so she was content being outside.
  • Options
    Yes! I think it's getting worse as time goes on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh it's the worst! I went grocery shopping by myself without a list and I had to go back to the produce section 2 times for items I missed. Both times I was all the way at the other end of the store. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Shoes. I never remember to wear shoes. I've left in slippers like 8 times. 
    The other day I also has DH drop me off at work only to remember once I got here I didn't have my laptop.. The one thing I need to do my job. I had to call him and make him turn around and bring it back after he got to work.
  • Options
    I can never think of words. I feel like I sound like an idiot all the time, my husband is constantly laughing at me. 
  • Options
    I am a Project manager - Tasks, Deadlines, Follow-Up with my team and clients... I feel like I am doing a terrible job and I want to cry at times. I have to write things down more than ever to remember the clients and what my action is. At home it is bad too, planning a trip to the store requires a list now.  GRRRR!!! so many little things that my brain can't handle now. 

Me: 28 <3 DH: 29

#1 DS: 11/24/2016

#2 EDD: 11/15/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My pregnancy brain was funny and tolerable at first, but recently it's gotten to the point where I'm questioning if this is normal haha. On Wednesday I spent the day in my mother in law's pool. We had to go to the gas station to pick up ice, and I was going to grab an iced tea for myself. I then realized that I remembered my purse, but not my wallet. I have also been intending to mail a letter for four days now but I keep forgetting.
    BFP #1 7/3/2014, MMC discovered 7/16/2014
    BFP#2 3/7/2016, EDD 11/19/2016 (It's a boy! Excited to meet little Anthony!)

Loading Ticker

• Options
    desoky01 said:
    I can never think of words. I feel like I sound like an idiot all the time, my husband is constantly laughing at me. 
    This exact thing with me! Except then I get cranky with my husband because he doesn't just magically know what I'm trying to say. He should totally know, right?! 
    BFP#1 Mar 29/16, EDD Nov 22/16
    TTC #1 since Jan/15
    Married Since June/13
  • Options
    thenali said:
    This exact thing with me! Except then I get cranky with my husband because he doesn't just magically know what I'm trying to say. He should totally know, right?!

Stuck in the box! Exactly this! And my husband gets frustrated with how long it takes me to try to tell him things. By the time I finish telling a story, I'm pretty sure neither of us knows what just happened and we're both cranky. 
  • Options
    My 6 year old son was mad at me and yells: yeah? Well at least I can speak in sentences! 

Yep. I'm having word finding difficulty and was called out by a 6 year old. Awesome. 

Also, today I drove the 30 min to ikea and realized I forgot my wallet. Awesome x2.
  • Options
    Oh my, I have another one to add. On Sunday, I was making bacon for my husband's breakfast burrito. I got so engrossed in reading some sort of article about bacon on my laptop that I completely forgot about the actual bacon I was, you know, cooking. We like our bacon crispy. But not charred. After that, I made sure to stand in front of the stove the entire time I was cooking to prevent any other oopsies.
    BFP #1 7/3/2014, MMC discovered 7/16/2014
    BFP#2 3/7/2016, EDD 11/19/2016 (It's a boy! Excited to meet little Anthony!)

Loading Ticker

• Options
    Yesterday I thought I could carry my purse, a heavy, large IKEA bag, 2 long curtain rods, 2 hotdogs, and a coke all at the same time. Nope, didn't work. Thanks IKEA for replacing my hotdogs and cleaning up my mess and thanks other dude when I proceeded to drop one of the curtain rods later after I had eaten my new hotdogs and was trying to leave with still too many things in my hands.
    Married 10/12 & TTC since 09/15
    BFP #1 11/06/15 - EDD 7/14/16 - MMC 12/14/15 - D&C 12/22/15
    BFP #2 03/13/16 - EDD 11/26/16

• Options
    We had friends over and after about 10 minutes of chatting after they had arrived with their kids I looked over at my daughter with a shocked look on my face. I asked how the girls had gotten the nice (kid's) tea set down from the tall dresser. I then turned to the adults and expressed how I didn't want them to play with it. My husband looked at me confused and said I had just told them they could play with it. Apparently I had a conversation with the girls where they asked me and I had said yes. All the adults swear the conversation happened. It feels like it was one of those blackout drunk moments because I do not remember saying yes, or the girls even asking, however I haven't had a drink in 6 months. 
  • Options
    Apparently I like to pay bills twice this
    month. I may need help keeping things straight next month because I did it twice this month. So annoying! 
  • Options
    I have a piece of paper next to my prenatal vitamins called "did I take this today?" I have to write down the date otherwise I'll think I took it and not take it just so I don't double up the dose.