April 2016 Moms

Help! Mobile baby!!

He just started rolling from one side of the room to the other this afternoon! He couldn't even really roll from his tummy to back till today. Isn't 3.5 months too early!?! Our apartment isn't even close to being child proof. First time mom! What do I do!?! Help!!!

Re: Help! Mobile baby!!

• I don't think that's too early, Glow (the other baby app I use) has lots of April moms with rollypolly babies already. I would just go pick up a couple baby gates to make sure he's not rolling down stairs or into the kitchen or anything. Also check he can't knock anything down off a table with his own force, but ... The way you described it, I'm envisioning a baby just freewheeling across an apartment LOL
  • That's pretty much what he's doing! My nephew wasn't doing it till much later! I wasn't expecting it.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD was born April 3. She started doing back to front about 2 weeks ago. If you turn your head for a second, she can move decently far. She occasionally does tummy to back. A few days ago, I watched her do a full roll over.

I need to clean my floors more often, now :)
  • @sarahufl That's the conclusion I came to as well! He was covered in my hair and my cats hair... And I just vacuumed!! Does she pull stuff down on herself after she rolls over to it? What about power cords? I we have a tiny apartment and power cord everywhere (or so it feels like now) what about shoes? How do you keep her from rolling into things? Couch, chairs, piano... Etc...? Am I over thinking it? 
  • Can you put him in a playpen when you arent watching him, like when you are cooking or cleaning? And then just supervise him when he's not in the playpen. My LO can roll back to tummy but he gets stuck on his tummy and hasnt mastered rolling tummy to back yet. Once he is mobile though, I'll be using the playpen quite a bit I imagine!
  • That's a good idea. I need to get one!! We've been using my mom's for trips. 
  • Childproof-make an area free from cords, items that can fall over, dirty things (like shoes), etc. We used to have our living room gated at all 3 entry points. I knew that they couldn't get into trouble if I locked them in there while getting dinner ready, etc. We have ikea poang chairs in the kids' rooms (also gated and baby proofed) and both my first two got stuck under them a few times. My kids hated being confined to the pnp, so the quarantined room worked much better for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker