March 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Fitness Check In 7-18

1.  Pre-BFP workout routine

2.  Post-BFP workout routine (if it has changed at all yet)

3.  Healthy eating goals and challenges for the week?

4.  How did you do with your goals last week? What are your goals for this week?

5.  GTKY: Tell me about a fitness (or other! whatever you want really) accomplishment that you are really proud of achieving! C'mon ladies I'm ready to be inspired!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Fitness Check In 7-18

• Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    I was working out daily--but since BFP I'm exhausted and nauseous during my usual morning routine so I've been running at night instead. 

Was able to eat some healthy meals despite my cravings to do none of that-and got 4 workouts in through the week. 

This week: three run nights, and hopefully pushing through one-two morning workouts. 

Im proud of running a half marathon two years ago! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @GG620 - I'm on MyFitnessPal  - I'll PM you my screen name if you want to connect.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    GG620GG620 member
    @RunBooRun yes, that would be great! 

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options
    GG620 said:
    @RunBooRun yes, that would be great! 
    PM your way!
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
     .  Pre-BFP workout routine - I love classes. Lately I've been sticking to the Les Mills classes, specifically, BodyCombat, BodyPump, BodyAttack, CXworks and BodyFlow. I usually do Zumba once a week too.

2.  Post-BFP workout routine (if it has changed at all yet) - Haven't done any classes since my BFP cause I'm a little nervous. I read you're not supposed to get your heart rate above 140 when you're pregnant? Waiting to talk to my OB on Friday.

3.  Healthy eating goals and challenges for the week? - I'd like to commit to eating salads for lunch everyday this week but the thought of lettuce is making me sick :sNeed to come up with a healthy alternative I can stomach.

4.  How did you do with your goals last week? What are your goals for this week? - I had every intention of eating healthy and working out at least 4 days last week and I failed at both. I went out to dinner 4 times last week and only made it to the gym twice. This week my goal is to work out at least 5 days and to eat more healthy balanced meals and snacks.

5.  GTKY: Tell me about a fitness (or other! whatever you want really) accomplishment that you are really proud of achieving! C'mon ladies I'm ready to be inspired!  - In 2014 I made a commitment to myself to get healthy and to get in shape.  I lost 30 pounds in 4 months and I am pleased to say that I've kept that weight off for 2 years! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @gracie4400 - Per the Mayo Clinic:

"Years ago, some experts recommended a heart rate of no more than 140 beats a minute for exercise during pregnancy. Today, however, heart rate limits aren't typically imposed during pregnancy. For healthy women, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity — preferably spread throughout the week — without any specific heart rate limits."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/expert-answers/exercise-during-pregnancy/faq-20058359

Of course you should discuss with your doctor, but it seems the 140 HR is outdated advice.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    I haven't hit the gym as much as I should have in the last 7 weeks because I've been going to night classes every day of the week, but I used to visit the gym every other day. I'd run a mile, lift (light) weights and make sure to get a good stretch in. 

I walk every day now, at least a mile and take our 2 dogs with me. I've already stopped running because I just don't have the energy anymore. I still lift light weights, but not the same moves -- I'm concentrating more on my arms and legs than I am on my abs. I plan on beginning prenatal yoga classes once a week. 

I'm trying to incorporate more vegetables and fruit, I added carbs back into my diet. I had been trying to lose weight before and was trying to stay low-carb. I have been eating salads with grilled chicken for lunch. I bought a whole bunch of small snacks to keep at my desk like almonds and whole wheat triscuits and such because that's when the nausea hits hard is when I'm in between meals and getting kind of hungry. 

4.  How did you do with your goals last week? What are your goals for this week?
    I just found out last Monday that I'm expecting so I hadn't put any goals in place until I told my husband on Thursday. He's on board with the healthy eating though and has been really great. I'm using a plum paper planner as a food/ fitness journal (I was using it before to keep me honest with my diet) and it's really helped me analyze what makes me feel great and what I need to cut out. 

5.  GTKY: Tell me about a fitness (or other! whatever you want really) accomplishment that you are really proud of achieving! C'mon ladies I'm ready to be inspired!
    I am super proud of myself for incorporating salads into my meals (especially for lunches) because I never liked salads before and would avoid them at any cost, but I know they are the best way for me to get a lot of nutrients in one meal. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RunBooRun said:
    @gracie4400 - Per the Mayo Clinic:

"Years ago, some experts recommended a heart rate of no more than 140 beats a minute for exercise during pregnancy. Today, however, heart rate limits aren't typically imposed during pregnancy. For healthy women, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity — preferably spread throughout the week — without any specific heart rate limits."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/expert-answers/exercise-during-pregnancy/faq-20058359

Of course you should discuss with your doctor, but it seems the 140 HR is outdated advice.

Thanks so much for the info! That makes me feel much better - the 140 number seemed a little crazy to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited July 2016
    @gracie4400      You don't have to worry, mama!  You'll know when you push yourself too far.  

It's more for 2nd and 3rd tri.  The fear is that when you can't breath-baby can't breath-since oxygen through your blood is where baby gets it from.  So it's recommended you don't push yourself past the point where you can't speak your workout.  So to where you yourself are gasping for breath. 

If they are workouts you usually do, then you already know how far you can push yourself! Don't be worried, just listen to your body.  Exercise is so good for you and baby! You'll thank yourself so much for it later. 
  • Options
    running, kickboxing

Mostly I'm just walking, elliptical, and short runs

Just the usual, trying to eat less junk. Plus I have a wedding on Friday but since I can't drink it should be less of a problem than usual. 

I did ok. I worked out 3 times. I'd like to keep that going this week, maybe get 4 in if I can. 

well I'm definitely inspired by you guys! Mine was finishing my first marathon a few years back. Got all teary! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. Ugh, sedentary. Walking a few times a week. 

2. My goal is to walk M-F for 30 minutes and a good pace on our treadmill or outside if it's not freakishly hot. I'm working on getting up to 45 minutes. I've pinned some exercises I'd like to try.

3. Cut back on added sugar and sweets, up the veggies with every meal. Make sure I'm getting my protein. 

4. Last week I did ok. I swam and walked quite a bit. I ate well, I was mostly thirsty all week so I drink a ton of water throughout the day. 

5. I'm trying to not be mad at myself for letting my health go over the past couple years. I'm taking charge and making sure I stay active and make good nutrition choices this time around. :)
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    1.  Pre-BFP workout routine - Zumba and weights

2.  Post-BFP workout routine (if it has changed at all yet) - Zumba. I didn't do weights last week because I have been tired physically

3.  Healthy eating goals and challenges for the week? Fruit and veggie smoothie - at least 1/ day. Better food choices

4.  How did you do with your goals last week? What are your goals for this week? My goal was to drink smoothies every day and I only did like 3 for the whole week. My goals fitness wise are to go to 3-4 Zumba classes (Monday complete!) and lift light weights 2-3 times. Also I want to start strengthening my knees with resistance band exercises - I have runners knee that flares up sometimes and it's been hurting the last 2 weeks. So I will start the resistance bands 2 times/week.

i ran my first 5k in 2015 - my goal was the run the whole way and I did. In 2016 2 weeks after laparoscopic gall bladder surgery I ran/walked it only 8 min slower than running the previous year
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Options

1.  Pre-BFP workout routine: Running 3 to 6 miles 5-6 days per week, weight training 5 days per week, ab exercises, stretching.

2.  Post-BFP workout routine (if it has changed at all yet): Running 3 to 4 miles 5-6 days per week. Added in some walking. Still weight train, but no abs. More stretching.

3.  Healthy eating goals and challenges for the week? I rarely ate grains pre-BFP because I don't care for them, so I've had to alter my diet to include those and it has been a challenge because it seems like they upset my stomach. I need to keep up with the amount of protein I had been eating pre-BFP, but meat seems so unappealing right now. My fitness goals are to stay under a 7:30 per mile pace in the first trimester, 7:45 per mile pace in the 2nd, and under a 8 min mile pace in the 3rd. So far, so good.

4.  How did you do with your goals last week? What are your goals for this week? I did well with my goals last week although I only ran 15.1 miles. I felt tired and I was dealing with a sinus infection. I ate pretty healthy before, but with the addition of carbs, I'm trying to be super careful because they upset my stomach and I end up getting diarrhea almost immediately after I eat a meal. I feel like I lose all the nutrients I just ate when that happens.

5.  GTKY: Tell me about a fitness (or other! whatever you want really) accomplishment that you are really proud of achieving! C'mon ladies I'm ready to be inspired! Although I'm 29, my goal was to be in the best shape of my life prior to becoming pregnant. I had the mindset that I deserved it and the baby deserved it. I am super proud that I am in the absolute best condition possible for my little blueberry and for myself!

• Options
    1.  Pre-BFP workout routin
    stroller strides 3-4x per week
    spinning

Hasn't changed except for  this week has been super busy with drs appointments, work, school full time and planning to level town for  a couple days I only think I'm going to get in 2 days of working out.

Everything has been a challenge food wise. Last night I cooked mahi mahi with asparagus and u couldn't touch ANY of it. I really need some good protien rich snack/food ideas that I will eat in the first tri. Last time it was pmuch cream of wheat, cereal and other breakfast items all of the time. I told myself I'd do better this time but now I remember how sickening it feels to try to eat something you're repulsed by.

Last week was okay. I started to have accoutnability with another mom at SS which helps and I've told myself if i don't start going to the gym twice a week I'm dropping the membership.  (I have about a full gym in my basement but my brother and his family are living down there for another 6-8 weeks)

I love doing fun run style events. Specifically I've really enjoyed Ragnar Trail race. It's camping with a team of 8 runners and running about 180 mile amungst the  team over 24 hours. It's so much fun. The first time I ran I was the only woman on the team!!
  • Options
    Kickboxing 3x/wk, running or stairs at least once a week.

I was a little woosy on Sunday so I skipped my stair workout but I will get back to it this weekend. I actually found myself feeling stronger during my KBing sessions this week!

I need to get in some more greens and complex carbs. This weekend was crazy and I didn't get to meal prep as usual. My goal is to spend a few hours cooking and cutting veggies this Sunday.

Last week was great as I prepped meal for the week. I got in four serious workouts too. Woot woot.

I am most proud of my running career. I have run five marathons and countless halves/10 milers. I moved away from running for a few years after starting a business and having DD but like riding a bike, I found it easy to get back to...like seeing an old friend after several years. Running is not natural for me, it took patience and even study. I started a Chi Running program in my mid-twenties and it totally changed the way I run. The program teaches you how to minimize impact when you strike and use momentum vs. muscle to improve speed. I will run as much as I can through this pregnancy and when that is not longer available I will use the same principals to walk. 

Here's to another fit and healthy week!!
  • Options
    Can I check in to say I haven't eaten great at all and I've worked out twice? I thought I was doing good but this week it really hit me... womp womp womppppp!
  • Options
    @schumerator I feel ya. Pizza for lunch today and no workout today because I chose a nap instead....but otherwise I was doing really well!
  • Options
    K so I suck at the fitness part but I walk... Does that count? 

GTKY: I used to run a lot. Like half marathons and 10k's. I'd love to get back into that. 

Fitness goals are, walking 3 times a week and I plan on starting prenatal yoga :) any good videos to recommend? 

Im really into superfoods and green smoothies. I try to do a kale smoothie each morning and lots of other greens. And smoothies are all I can bring myself to eat lately. 
  • Options
    @ihateusernames* ummm is that where you live?! Looks beautiful!
  • Options
    Jen524Jen524 member

1.  Pre-BFP workout routine: Since February, I've been doing the 21 Day Fix & Fix Extreme workouts almost daily.

2.  Post-BFP workout routine (if it has changed at all yet): Still trying to get the 30 minutes in every day, but the fatigue is kicking my butt so I know I'm not giving it my all. 

3.  Healthy eating goals and challenges for the week?: Try to eat clean 80/20.  Challenges is that I want to eat lots of carbs.

4.  How did you do with your goals last week? What are your goals for this week? Goal this week: continue to get in the exercises & keep eating clean most of the time.  Lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein.

I guess recently, I am proud of the fact I have stuck to a workout program for almost 6 months working out every day.  I went from working out once a week to getting in 6-7 workouts a week.  I lost a lot of inches, but not a lot of pounds.  I was also weaning baby #3 at that point and my body was a bit out of whack hormonally.  I feel like I am a lot stronger physically than I was even a year ago even if I still weigh about the same.  
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• Options
    Yes! Lots of green everywhere :) in BC @Schumerator