When you have a bad day and can't seem to move forward. — The Bump
December 2015 Moms

When you have a bad day and can't seem to move forward.

I want to know how you mommies survive the hard days. DD is almost 7 months and today she was up before 6. Usually she is 7:40-8
DH travels during the week and got up at 3 left at 5. Etc
anyways, how or what keeps you going when baby gets cranky, and you get cranky and tired. How do you stay positive??

Re: When you have a bad day and can't seem to move forward.

• I try to be kind to myself and if I need to I put the kids down in safe places and walk away. None of us are perfect, I remember it's fine if we have off days and get off schedule. Sometimes on those rough days we stay in our pj's and sit on the couch, I put things on TV that the kids will watch so I don't have to be the one entertaining them, I do everything I can to make things as easy as possible and know it gets better.
    elbou
  • I have had a very hard two weeks with teething and shots, and night sleep is wonky. Ellie is fussing and crying most of the days. I find it very hard to be positive sometimes. Usually when I first put her down and get a "break" I try to think positively about everything, tomorrow's a new day etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • elbouelbou member
    *hugs* Days like that are hard. Give yourself permission to slack on non-essential things (like housework) and take a nap when LO does (or with LO) if you can. If not, make something easy for dinner (or get take-out) and make it an early bedtime tonight...at least for LO. If you need some time to unwind before you go to bed, definitely do something you enjoy, or have an extra yummy snack as a treat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love-mom-lifeMizuiro007