February 2017 Moms
Options

Ultrasounds!

Hey ladies! At what weeks/gestational age are you getting your first ultrasounds? If you've had kiddos before, at what age did you hear that first heartbeat? DH and I are attending weddings every weekend for the next three weeks out of state. I basically can go in at 5 weeks 5 days, or wait until almost 7-8 weeks to go in. I obviously want to rush in at 5.5 to see if everything is okay, but I'm also nervous of being told that they can't see anything yet and that it's totally normal at this stage, which clearly is not what I'm hoping for! 
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ultrasounds!

• Options
    I will have my first ultrasound this time at 6.5 weeks because the fertility clinic performs the first at that time.

I would not rush in at 5.5 weeks because you might not see too much. With my daughter there wasn't much seen at that age but just over a week after she was clearly there with a heartbeat. Even knowing it is normal it would cause me to worry too much. 

As for hearing the heartbeat the wasn't until later if you mean on a doppler. I heard it on a doppler around 11-12 weeks except my daughter was later. (The placenta was anterior and everything was a bit later) 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I mine scheduled for 7 weeks. By that time there should be a good heartbeat, and enough baby there to take a good measurement.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first one is scheduled next week Tuesday at 5 w 1 day to see the dot and ensure it isn't etopic. So we know we aren't seeing much.

for the other kids, the first u/s was at 7 weeks for all three.  
  • Options
    We will be doing an early US at around 6 weeks because of my recent MC. otherwise it would be 8-9 weeks.
  • Options
    Mine is scheduled for when I'm 9 weeks but that's only because I couldn't get an earlier appointment.  With DS, I had a dating US around 8 weeks.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    I'll be 8 weeks when we go! Hoping to hear a heartbeat
  • Options
    I'll be 1 day short of 8 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a question for you guys. I'd like to take DH with me to my first appointment so he can be there for the ultrasound, especially if we get to hear the heart beat. This is my first pregnancy and I don't know if that's something people really do, or just something that happens on TV shows, lol. What are you all doing?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Husband is definitely going with me to mine!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    I have a question for you guys. I'd like to take DH with me to my first appointment so he can be there for the ultrasound, especially if we get to hear the heart beat. This is my first pregnancy and I don't know if that's something people really do, or just something that happens on TV shows, lol. What are you all doing?
    DH went to the 1st appointment with DS and the anatomy scan and we'll probably do the same with this pregnancy.  At our 1st appointment, they asked a lot of questions about our family's medical history for both sides so it was good to have him there.

The other appointments he won't be attending.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Thank you for al the advice, ladies! I decided we will wait and now I'm scheduled for June 27th! I'm so excited and sooooo nervous! I hope everything is great and we have a healthy little baby! I'm definitely bringing my husband to the appointment... If things are great, I will want him there! If there are any issues, I will need him there! I think it';s normal to bring hubbys tot he appointments!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, cool, thanks guys! I'm glad it's a normal thing, definitely bringing him with me then!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Bebe13lueBebe13lue member
    edited June 2016
    I'm scheduled for my first ultrasound at 8 weeks and 2 days on 6/24. It seems so far away but I can't wait. My fiancé is definitely coming with me. He wants to be so involved as it's our first pregnancy. I'm hoping we see/hear a heartbeat (or two!). 
  • Options
    I got mine at 5 because we thought I was further along. I have really erratic periods/ovulation cycles. I am going back next week because all she saw this week was an "empty" sack and one of those big harmless ovarian cysts that I get. I'm not worried :) 
  • Options
    I go tomorrow! My Dr does the first prenatal check up and dating scan via transvaginal ultrasound at 8 weeks unless there is bleeding or other issues. DH is def coming with me! He can't wait to see the heart beat and see our bundle
  • Options
    I will have my first ultrasound at 12 weeks
  • Options
    My first ultrasound is scheduled for Monday at just shy of 11 weeks. All of my previous mc stopped developing at 9 weeks so I want to be clear of that hurdle before seeing a healthy heartbeat with this pregnancy!  

"Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." -Gandalf 
    m/c #1 01/10/12
    BFP #2 01/18/13. EDD 09/10/13. Missed m/c 02/18/13. 
    BFP #3 5/1/13 My rainbow DS born 1/13/14
    BFP #4 11/11/15 spontaneous m/c 12/28/15
    BFP#5  Praying for another rainbow in February!

• Options
    bdesterhousebdesterhouse member
    edited July 2016
    My OB surprised me today and brought in the ultrasound machine. I was able to hear our tadpoles heart beat for the first time! Talk about emotional. 175 bpm edit: I'm 9w 2d and it's the first time they could get it where we could hear the baby's heart beat.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • Options
    I went at 6 weeks 6 days, and they couldn't find a fetal pole and the sack measured 1 week smaller than it should have. We got scheduled for a week later. It was a nerve wracking week! When we went in the next week, we saw the heartbeat and baby developing as normal. I would wait. Even if you know it's normal to not see anything, I think it would still cause a lot of anxiety waiting. My partner attended both appointments, and will be going to my next one as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    I went in for my first Apt at 5 weeks but didn't get my first ultra sound till 10 weeks  we were able to see the heart beat but told we couldn't hear it till 14 weeks :( 
  • Options
    8 week ultrasound, heart rate was heard @ 164 beats per min! Healthy munchkin :) Can't wait to go back at 11 weeks!!!