TTC after 35

TWW July 11-17!

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TWW July 11-17!

• I'm CD 27/ 14 or 15 DPO.  I used Clomid for the first time this cycle.  I secretly tested (H was away), and I had a BFN on 11/12 DPO, so of course I'm really kicking myself for doing that behind H's back.  Since then I'm pretty hopeless about this month.  
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Lu19Lu19 member
    edited July 2016

I'm really rooting for you @jennh75B! GL and everything crossed!! Do you feel any different symptoms than usual?  

As for me, I'm really confused. I'm CD 31, AF was due yesterday and have had some off and on pink spotting (very light) since yesterday with no cramps. I usually have a couple hours of spotting right before AF, but not for 2 days. I also feel cramping when I start to spot right before AF, but have had no cramps at all. Also had a BFN this morning... so I'm really at a loss. Guess I'll wait and see, but this has never happened. So frustrating, there's a small part of me that so super duper hopeful, and the other part of me that saying "just a delay in inevitable AF, no need to get excited" ugh!

• Loading the player...
  • Sending positive thoughts for you ladies!!!

I'm CD 25, AF is expected from CD 26-30. Felt some light cramping the past few days, so I'm just waiting for it to show up. Also have felt symptoms of low blood pressure lately while standing up. I'm telling myself that I will wait until at least CD 31 to test if I make it that far without AF, but in reality I will probably test on CD 29. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks so much @Lu19!  Sending good vibes your way as well!  I sure hope it's a good sign that AF has yet to come!  

I am now having my usual pre-AF spotting, very light.  Yesterday I was horribly bloated and crampy, but this is also normal several days prior to AF.  I'm going to the RE today who will be checking me for possible yeast infection, although the symptoms I had for that on Monday have subsided, but I guess I'll keep the appointment and at least verify whether there is something still lingering or not.  The irrational part of my brain is thinking, maybe if the RE knows AF is due, she'll test me since I'm so close (due tomorrow or Friday)?  I doubt that's the protocol but it would be nice to just put me out of my misery and have the RE tell me.  I'm sure they don't even test people before they at least miss AF.  I bet insurance doesn't even pay for tests prior to a missed AF.  I think they told me if I missed AF to call them like 5 days later, so I'm truly being ridiculous.  

Good luck to you as well, @Christina239!  
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Lu19Lu19 member
    Quick update: AF arrived :( I didn't have much hope for this cycle, but the 2 days of spotting really threw me for a loop since the most I ever have is a couple hours of spotting before AF. Best of luck for the other ladies in TWW. This next cycle, I'm going about this a little more aggressively and will actually try to chart, temp and OPK. Here's to hoping I don't go too BSC! @Jennh75b - hope RE appointment went well! FX!
  • So sorry @Lu19 :( it's such a roller coaster when you have new/different/off pre-AF symptoms!

keeping my fx for @jennh75b and @Christina239! Good luck ladies!

I am 12DPO according to OPKs/FF. Super sore boobs again this month (wish I knew why this is suddenly a post-O thing for me, it's really annoying!). Other than that nothing really. This is the first month I honestly feel like I've let go of the TWW craziness and am more relaxed about the whole thing. Maybe because I've just given in and figured we are going to have to turn to some kind of intervention in October (our year of TTC mark). Who knows. either way I'm enjoying the less-crazy TWW! haha. 

I wont test until CD32, unless AF comes first. I'm a 28-day-er, but I like to wait until I'm sure AF is late. 

One thing I was wondering about, has anyone else been a chronic pre-AF spotter, but then had that go away after HSG? I know @Jennh75b said HSG resloved your pre-AF spotting, but sounds like it's back? Mine still hasn't returned (hopefully for good!! So annoying to dribble, period, dribble!). I've googled, but found nothing....just wondering why HSG would completely resolve pre-AF spotting for me. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jennh75bjennh75b member
    edited July 2016
    So sorry @Lu19.  :(  Hugs.  Hopefully your more aggressive strategy will work this next cycle!

@PoeMasque - so strange about the sore boobs coming up now...our darn bodies just like to mess with us I guess.  I have no clue why your pre-AF spotting has stopped, but I'm jealous!  Mine only stopped for that first month, and it's back with a vengeance.  In fact, I've had it since Wednesday and AF still hasn't fully started.  I already told H AF arrived and it really hasn't, but today is the actual due date so I'm sure sometime during the day it will show up.  The spotting is just annoying and I enjoyed the month where it just started full force...no guessing, no thinking maybe it was a sign of pregnancy.  Sometimes I'll even spot for a day, then nothing, then AF comes.  Just annoying.  Good luck to you!!!  Stay away AF!!!

I was bummed last  night when I thought AF had started and H was being kind and loving.  I thought it might be a good time to ask him how he feels about other treatment options like IUI and IVF.  The truth is, I don't even know how I fully feel about it.  Sometimes I think that at my age I should just give up if it doesn't happen naturally.  And going into debt to have a kid doesn't make sense to me, but I know that is a personal choice for everyone, but we are just becoming financially secure late in life and I hate to give up that security.  It was a big issue of why I was depressed for many years.  Anyway, H was not open to talking about it...he is super-stressed because of people quitting at work and fed up with it all, but will not try to look for another job to see what is out there.  They have new owners and he wanted to see how things would go, but people are quitting left and right it seems in his department.  Yes, it's bad timing, but I'm not going to continue to do this TTC forever without talking about all options.  He keeps avoiding it.  He's also upset that TTC is not working with us, so I know it's a blow to his ego.  Sorry for the long vent.  I'm just getting tired of his avoidance tactics.  I will be 41 in November.  So even though he wants to just keep waiting and seeing, time is of the essence.  He seems to think I just can't sit back and enjoy life, always thinking of what's coming next, but I've never felt so in limbo in all of my life.  And, I've never been a planner for a reason...I hate disappointment.  But this is something in life at my age that you can't just sit back and watch fly by.  
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • @jennh75b I'm so sorry your H wasn't into talking about next steps. I can totally relate to how you feel though. I also don't want to go into debt to have a child and have always wanted to do fostering or foster to adopt, even if I had my own, biological children. My SO won't even discuss that though. He also won't talk about next steps either. I mentioned the probability of a medicated cycle the other day and he said "let's just keep trying, we can do this without meds". I understand that we all have our own little world going on in our heads, but it's frustrating when your partner won't even discuss something that they know is important to you. I think it's totally ok to rant about that, that's what the space is here for :)

ill keep my fx for you that AF doesn't actually show up! Have you tested yet? 

On that note, AF arrived this morning In full force. It is really nice to not have the pre-AF spotting, I hope it stays away. The sore boobs can go away too, they are very annoying! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque  - thanks for understanding about my vent, and glad to know I'm not the only one who is encountering this issue, although I'm sorry that you are.  H has always been the type to just go with the flow and not focus on what's ahead or focus on what may not happen, and I used to be that way until we started TTC.  Now I just want answers, I just want to rip it off like a band aid and know either way what's going to happen, what choices we are going to make about it, etc.  It's hard when I know very little about his opinions on these things.  

And...AF has definitely arrived.  :(  I guess I will look forward to lots of relaxation and lots of BD on our vacation coming up.  Maybe relaxation is just what we need to help us along.

Have a great weekend ladies!  Keep your chins up!!!!  I'm trying my best to.

TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • I thought it was so interesting reading about all of your experiences with the pre-AF spotting. I had the teensiest bit of very light pink spotting on Friday (CD 27), nothing at all yesterday, and again the tiniest bit today. Not enough even for a liner, just notice when I wipe. What is with that???? And what is with the weird break in between? It really messes with your head. Of course Friday night when AF had not arrived yet, I was googling implantation bleeding (like I already have a million other times). It's just that some months are so clear, like cramping followed by AF, no weird spotting and days in between....it just makes me wonder what causes that? Stress? A false start? Or just randomness? Anyways I got a BFN this morn, but AF has not showed up yet....to be continued....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker