Adoption

Adoption (from the child's perspective)

Let me start off with saying that this is no way meant as offensive (not sure if it would be taken that way but wanted to clarify)

I am not sure if this is the proper thread for it or not but didn't see one that I thought would be more accurate. 

Anyway, I know that adoption is an option that a lot of people consider and that is awsome! I just wanted to let everyone know that I myself was adopted (couple months before my 7th birthday) and that I would be willing to share / discuss how I handled it, what I thought and some of the challenges I faced if you were interested in knowing what / how it's like for the adopted child. :) If you want to know anything, please ask. :)
Me:27 | DH: 26
Married: 7/26/14
NTNP since: September '15
TTC #1: October '15

Re: Adoption (from the child's perspective)

• @Sandra77

I am sorry I didn't reply sooner. I didn't see the notification that you had commented.

I am not sure of the exact amount of time but according to my mom it took me about a year or a year and 1/2 to start bonding, 2 years to really start loving them as my parents and it was 4 years before I completely bonded and loved my new parents. Part of that is because I was 7 years old when I was adopted.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• edited July 2016
    *Removed for ToU Violation*