April 2016 Moms

UpSpring products

I received some UpSpring products for testing and my opinions are completely my own. I'm happy to share my experience!
I got some Milkflow drink mixes in different flavors, nipple balm, and Milkscreen alcohol detection strips.

I like the nipple balm a lot. It's organic which was important at the time of deciding to try it. It doesn't need to be wiped off before the baby can nurse, and that's huge (I've used other products and wiping them off every time was a pain). It works really well, and helps a lot during growth spurts when it feels like my baby is at the boob 24/7.
And talking about growth spurts, the Milkflow drinks were great during the last one. My baby suddenly started nursing much more than usual and I didn't have enough milk. I got maybe 1 extra oz from each breast per pumping session, which was great. The chocolate flavor was my favorite (I didn't care for the berry flavor). I didn't notice any changes in my baby (I've read other reviews mentioning these drinks made the baby gassy).
I also tested the Milkscreen strips. They were very useful!! I don't usually drink but I went out with some friends, had drinks, and came back home late at night so I had to pump. I tested the milk and yes, there was detectable alcohol in it. So I divided it in several bottles (I used less than one oz from the 'boozy' milk per 4 oz bottle) and mixed it with 'clean' milk. I tested the milk again, and it was fine.
Please never ever ever dump your milk!

All in all, I'm happy with these products. I love the nipple balm, and found the drinks and the strips useful. The strips though are pretty pricey so i don't think I would buy them.

Re: UpSpring products