Babies on the Brain
Options

Is The World Too Messed Up To procreate?

So, I'm a blessed mom of a 4 year old boy, and an almost 2 year old boy. My husband and I would like to add a third to the mix, and try late next year. But, with everything that is going on in the world right now, I feel that perhaps we would be selfish to bring another life into this trashed world. I don't want to sound like a completely negative person. I just want to be responsible, as bringing a life into the world is a huge responsibility. And, as much as I strive to be a great mother and role model to my two kids now, I feel that one day, they will obviously go off on their own, and I am terrified for what awaits them. I'm not sure if anyone else out there thinks of this? Again, I'm not trying to be dark....it's just unfortunately the reality of the world we are living in. And, I really don't see any hope for it, which is the saddest part. What are your thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is The World Too Messed Up To procreate?

• Options
    I totally have struggled with this for years and we just had our first in April. I believe it shows your thinking, and if everyone who does think like this didn't have children, there wouldn't be anyone to change the path this world or nation is on.

"Train up a child in the way he should go,
    And when he is old he will not depart from it." ~ Prov. 22:6
    Granted the world is going to keep getting worse and worse, it's thermodynamics after all! But our children, if they live for the LORD, can keep hope alive and make it better for those around them.
  • Options
    @korpatch Beautifully said hun. Congrats on your baby by the way. I just know that a lot of suffering is coming its way....famine, intense hatred, and more. And, no matter how much I am a good mom, and role model to a new baby, they will suffer, because there is no escaping what is to come. Idk, I go back and forth with this thought in my head. As much as I want to be excited that we decided to try next year for another....I think of this whole sick world thing and become really sad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml