February 2016 Moms
Options

How do I get my 4 month old to nap in crib?

She wakes up about 5 minutes after I place her in the crib. At night she sleeps fine in the crib.

Answers

• Options
    smn14smn14 member
    edited July 2016
    Could you try another flat surface near you til she gets used to being down? I put LO on her tummy time mat in the living room with me.
  • Options
    jarob747jarob747 member
    edited July 2016
    I do not know, I am having the same problem with my DS who will be 5 months in a couple of days. He sleeps great with me at night, but won't hardly nap even with me holding him. Just started trying his bed for naps... not going to good :( he NEEDS sleep!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My little one just turned 5 months on the 7th and he never naps in the crib. I've tried a few times but he just doesn't stay asleep. But yes sleeps all night, every night in his crib. He naps in his swing during the day. I do have 3 older children so I think that definitely plays into it with all the noise and light. So the rocking and the music helps him stay asleep. 
  • Options
    DD takes naps in her pack n play during the day or just falls asleep while playing. I haven't tried putting her in thr crib since her naps are super short. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Have you tried waiting a few min (5 to 10) to see if LO will go back to sleep in the crib by herself? Sounds super obvious, but mine was having all kinds of nap trouble that basically boiled down to this: he needed the space and time to cry a bit and learn to settle himself. Then again, if she sleeps fine in the crib at night, maybe she's confused by a switch in the routine. Are you placing her there when she's already asleep? 
  • Options
    I agree with what =caenis= said. My DD was a mess with naps until I figured out I wasn't letting her get herself back to sleep (we also needed to stop swaddling and move to the zipadeezip). I was so reluctant to let her fuss until my MIL (who didn't ever do CiO with her boys and they woke up in the middle of the night until nearly 2 years old) mentioned that it would probably be ok to let DD fuss some more before rushing in. I figured if my soft hearted MiL was ok with some fussing, I could probably handle it, too. It's made a world of difference and I can now put her down awake in the crib and she'll roll around, laugh and talk herself to sleep.
  • Options
    Having same problem lil man only sleeps on me and we co sleep at night .id love to be able to put him in crib at naptime so I can get something done!
  • Options
    We JUST transitioned from rock n play to pack n play. I was nervous 1. Because she was sleeping so well in the rock n play and you could tell she understood that was sleep time when she was in there and 2. Because she spits up so much, laying flat makes me nervous. So far she's doing great. She woke up twice last night instead of giving me the usual 7-9 hour stretch but I think that's bc she was so tired she only nursed for 8 min before bed (it's usually an hour to an hour and a half). I had been concerned bc she doesn't really seem interested in rolling even though she rolled tummy to back at 4 weeks. Now that she's in the pack n play I'm noticing that she moves around while she settles to sleep and whenever she wakes. Hoping it will encourage rolling. She surprisingly seems more content while awake in the pack n play, probably bc she couldn't really reposition herself in the rock n play as well. Here's to new found freedom! Next step is crib at 6 months
  • Options
    Tsearfoss said:
    Having same problem lil man only sleeps on me and we co sleep at night .id love to be able to put him in crib at naptime so I can get something done!
    We co-sleep too. I just put DS down for naps in our bed with an abbreviated bedtime routine. We nurse and cuddle and he falls asleep no problem so I just leave the room and do my stuff. Unless I'm tired, then I sleep too. Lol. Just make sure you either have a low bed or mesh guards on the side and a good monitor. Been working for us since day 1.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy