Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sippy cups

I've tried every cup they make.  He Cant figure out the straw,  and he'll chug out of the spout sippys all day long if you hold it for him,  but if i make him do it,  he doesn't tip it back far enough and he just gets mad and throws it in frustration . How's kind did utter taker your lo to catch on.  My other kids had no problem. But this guy is the pits at drinking! 

Re: Sippy cups

• Options
    I've heard that a lot of moms have good luck with the Nuk sippy. My son did really well with those and it was the first one he accepted. We got one with the weighted straw and he finally started figuring that out right before he turned a year old. Now that one is our go to.

• Options
    I've heard that a lot of moms have good luck with the Nuk sippy. My son did really well with those and it was the first one he accepted. We got one with the weighted straw and he finally started figuring that out right before he turned a year old. Now that one is our go to.

The NUK is the kind that I've had luck with. He still doesn't always want it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried the ones with the straw? Playtex makes good ones that don't spill. My LO is about to be 7 months and she took to that better than the sippy cups. It took her a few days to really understand that she needs to suck for it to come out but now it's her favorite thing to use, and it's easy because there's no need to tilt it to get anything out 
  • Options
    I can't get the micro human to use a soppy cup. I've tried them all. And he hasn't grasped the law of gravity yet. Everything in due time I guess. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    Nuk sippy cup finally worked for us, I spent a bunch of money on different types but he seems to like the silicone spout and it's easy to tip to get liquid out. Doesn't understand how to use a straw yet. And those Munchkin 360 ones took me literally a week to figure out how to get liquid out of it myself. 
  • Options
    klirwin82 said:
    Nuk sippy cup finally worked for us, I spent a bunch of money on different types but he seems to like the silicone spout and it's easy to tip to get liquid out. Doesn't understand how to use a straw yet. And those Munchkin 360 ones took me literally a week to figure out how to get liquid out of it myself. 
    lol, the 360 ones confused me too. I thought my nose was supposed to press the middle circle part. My son didn't want anything to do it but I tried again with him a a couple months later and now he does ok with it.
  • Options
    Chiming in a bit late, here, but for anyone running across this thread later. We LOVE the 360 munchkin cups. We had been through at least 6 other styles and our twin girls figured these out in about 3 days. They're pros at them now (10 months) and we are slowly weaning off bottles.
  • Options
    Chiming in a bit late, here, but for anyone running across this thread later. We LOVE the 360 munchkin cups. We had been through at least 6 other styles and our twin girls figured these out in about 3 days. They're pros at them now (10 months) and we are slowly weaning off bottles.
    Little man is 13 months old. After months of trying he is finally using the munchkin 360. Just started yesterday! 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    Tried a few too and NUK is the one that finally worked for us !! 
  • Options
    The 360 cups are the only one my little one would use too. He never used a bottle so sippy cups were so confusing to him. 
  • Options
    My little one uses the doidy cup and loves it. Apparently it uses the same motion as breastfeeding.

@kodariah my LO never used a bottle either so sees teated ones as toys!