July 2016 Moms

thursday ticker change

Who's left??? I'm not sure if there's anyone else besides me. Haven't seen/heard from @kellz14 in a few days (baby?) and I know @samantha1206 had hers (congrats!). Perhaps @brittnic531 is still around?  Therefore, we welcome any randos/lurkers to crash our ticker change thread, even if it's not your official "ticker change."  Come out, come out, wherever you are!!

How many weeks/fruit or comparable object:

Baby-related happenings this week:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

GTKY: What are you the most tired of when it comes to being pregnant, and what will you miss the most?

Re: thursday ticker change

• How many weeks/fruit or comparable object:

39 weeks - pumpkin

Doc appointment this afternoon, which will include a membrane sweep. I'm anxious but I realize that this isn't a guarantee labor will start and I will probably end up being disappointed. I was at 3 cm last Thursday so hopefully I've made it to 4 cm by now.

If that doesn't work I have an induction scheduled for Tuesday evening. I feel like a total sellout/hypocrite but whatever. I can't imagine going on like this until 41 weeks. Due to a favorable cervix and already having had a vaginal birth doc does not care to make me wait either. So no matter what this is my last ticker change.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

Rant: I hate everyone right now

Rave: I hate everyone right now except my husband. He's been a loving and strong partner to me these past couple of weeks and has helped lift me up even though I've been an emotional mess. Right after I complained about him in the TW Tuesday thread he got off of his video game and talked to me for about 20 minutes, which ended in me crying a lot and him just holding me for a while. So, I definitely called him a TW prematurely. And we got pedicures together last night which was cute. :)

Symptoms: All kinds of aches and pains and emotions. All around feeling gross.

GTKY: What are you the most tired of when it comes to being pregnant, and what will you miss the most?

I'm most tired of all the symptoms I've been feeling, and feeling like I'm losing control over my own body. I also hate that I have nothing to do at work so I feel useless. I'm probably going to miss not having to take care of a newborn/breastfeed, especially during those first couple weeks of LO's life!

• @rnyland1 I would've been a part of this thread as my due date would've been today but I was always too lazy to update. Lol. Good luck with the induction on Tuesday if things don't start up for you sooner than that. I also went in on at 39 + 5 and came out with a bundle of joy In less than 24 hours. Hopefully, yours will be as quick!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes,  i had the baby on Monday!!! 17 days early.  I've been so exhausted trying to get this nursing thing down and not getting much sleep - hoping to update the birth announcements soon with details!!

@rnyland1 so happy you and your DH are finding some good bonding time!!
  • I'll play - Technically a Wednesday, but there wasn't very many of us, and we never got around to it weekly haha

@kellz14 Congrats!!! I am loving all these new babies.  Keeps me excited for my own and less paranoid.
    @rnyland1 Don't you love how DH's go from being complete TW's, but then always redeem themselves??  It's like they can sense it!  PS - I love that you and your DH went and got pedicures together!! Good luck with your induction!
    --------------------------------
    38+1 - My fav is Pomeranian 

Had our weekly BPP today - everything is good. Normal OB Tuesday, last BPP Thursday, scheduled CS Friday.  With having the two placenta's she has been breech for a very long time and shows no signs of flipping.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?
    Rant - It is so hot and humid here and it doesn't look like it'll be getting better anytime soon.
    Rave - DH has been amazing lately.  We're both teachers, so have been off for the summer, and he hasn't complained one bit about my complete laziness and sleeping on the couch every night.
    Symptoms - Insomnia is kicking my butt.  Plus she is so high up, I have been having a hard time breathing.

I have not enjoyed pregnancy so i'm pretty tired of it all.  I'll miss the excitement from everyone and DH talking to my belly.  He is such a mush.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @rnyland1 - The end is in sight! Hang in there and I'm glad your DH is being more supportive! 
    @kellz14 - Congrats!
    @DeriveMyPi - Welcome! :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still here! 39 weeks- Mini Skateboard

Had my appointment on Tuesday and we scheduled an induction for next Thursday evening if nothing happens before that... my dr doesn't want me to go past 40 weeks because of the GD.  I'm ok with the induction (I just want a healthy baby and delivery) but still nervous about going into labor before that because of childcare for DD until my mom can get here.  Plus, I got called in for a second interview Monday morning and I want to at least make it to that.  Also, I'm anxious about bf'ing... I want it to be better than with DD and am hoping that it is, but I know I realistically won't be able to EBF and that's been tough the closer I get to delivery.  

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

Rant: My job ends August 31(the state changed our program) and today was my last day at the office because they closed next week for the republican national convention and then I'll be having the baby and no one cared.   My boss and one coworker got me gifts for the baby but the actual company and other coworkers didn't even acknowledge me.  I don't need anything but it would've been nice to know that I was valued and cared about... or maybe that's the hormones.  It's not my choice I'm leaving and I've been there for 3 years.  

Rave: My DH seems to have had a turn around recently too and it's made me feel SO much better about the transition of adding another baby.  We had it rough after DD1 so I've been anxious about it.  

Symptoms: I've been crampy yesterday and today... more so than normal.  I'm hoping that it means it won't take much to get things started next week and not that I'm going into labor this weekend.  I've been losing bits of my mp for weeks but it's been a bit everyday for the past two weeks.  

Honestly, I'm most tired of the stress of getting everything ready and being prepared for all the different scenarios that could happen. It's really tough not living close to family.  I will miss how I feel... being pregnant is the one time I actually really like my body.  I don't just look plus size... I look pregnant and I don't feel as self conscious.