February 2017 Moms

Spotting

Has anyone had any spotting? It's happened to me twice. It only shows up on the toliet paper when I wipe. The first time it happened at 5 weeks for a couple of days and stopped. Then again at the begginging of week 9 (this week) for a couple of days. It has now stopped again. I had my first u/s last week and heard the HB and the doc said everything looked good. I called both times with the spotting and they just seem to be concerned if it's heavy bleeding with cramping. I did have some brown discharge on my pantyliner this time and the nurse said it could have been from the exam and u/s. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I had a miscarriage (blighted ovum) and d&c in Jan and I  so nervous about everything.
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Spotting

• VastraVastra member
    I had some light spotting around 5 weeks and it turned out to be from having had sex. I haven't had spotting after any exams, but twice my doctor has warned me that I might, and not to be alarmed. Glad you called, and glad they weren't overly concerned. Happy thoughts for you! 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • I had some spotting for about a week. I would just keep doing what you are doing - let your doctor know, but try to rest and drink lots of fluids until it stops. My doctor also said complete pelvic rest until spotting stopped. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm right with you. I have been spotting on and off this whole pregnancy. My best guess is my case is that I have a sensitive cervix. Same advice from my dr. There are many reasons for spotting, some totally fine. I had spotting both during my successful pregnancy and during my missed miscarriage so I'm also nervous but I try to remind myself that spotting alone doesn't seem to mean anything. All I can say is this is so hard! 
  • I didn't this time around but I did with my first and they said it was implantation bleeding 
  • SC&JCSC&JC member
    Thank you so much for your responses. I have a NT scan on 8/2 but that feels like months away!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • spotting can be completely normal! I have a couple of spots of blood in my ute (the tech at my RE's office spotted them) I am just waiting for my body to absorb it or for it to make it's way out...  try not to stress :)

• lap018lap018 member
    I've been spotting on and off the last week as well, although we didn't see a heart beat at my last apt (6 weeks 1 day)  so I'm afraid in my case it won't be good, I've called my OB and am waiting on a call back, all of this to say spotting can be normal in the first trimester and since you've seen a heart beat that makes it even better for you, keeping you and me both in my thoughts and prayers for a happy healthy 9 months! 
  • I had spotting that went away for a few days and came back heavier (sort of more than spotting but not quite full bleeding).  I called my OB about it and they had me come in for an u/s and everything was normal and looked good.  They said spotting is very common even though it can be nerve wracking.  Try not to stress too much even though that can be hard.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's normal to spot in your first trimester. I did a little with my first pregnancy. If its major bleeding, bright red blood, and you are cramping heavily, that's when you should see the doctor. Keep your feet up and drink lots of fluids. Stay off of Google lol Always call your doctor and make sure everything is fine. Their job is to reassure you! 
  • lap018 said:
    I've been spotting on and off the last week as well, although we didn't see a heart beat at my last apt (6 weeks 1 day)  so I'm afraid in my case it won't be good, I've called my OB and am waiting on a call back, all of this to say spotting can be normal in the first trimester and since you've seen a heart beat that makes it even better for you, keeping you and me both in my thoughts and prayers for a happy healthy 9 months! 
    Forgot to mention that this also happened to me with my first pregnancy. That's usually why doctors wait until you are 8 weeks to do an ultra sound and check the heart beat. They usually can't pick it up til then. I have a beautiful healthy boy. This is the part they don't tell you about when it comes to pregnancy! You know about the symptoms and  the what could happen. But they don't tell you, that you spend 9 months worrying over every single little thing! I'm sure you and your little one will be just fine! Praying for both of you! 
  • lap018lap018 member
    lap018 said:
    Forgot to mention that this also happened to me with my first pregnancy. That's usually why doctors wait until you are 8 weeks to do an ultra sound and check the heart beat. They usually can't pick it up til then. I have a beautiful healthy boy. This is the part they don't tell you about when it comes to pregnancy! You know about the symptoms and  the what could happen. But they don't tell you, that you spend 9 months worrying over every single little thing! I'm sure you and your little one will be just fine! Praying for both of you! 
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate the reassurance and prayers! Much love!
  • I had spotting 3 days before my bfp for 2 days, then again for 2 days a week later, and actually this past weekend after getting my first prenatal check up Friday. I had a pap and internal U/S and my Dr told me she got some blood when she did the pap which simply means my cervix is very sensitive so I may have spotting after intercourse too (haven't though). The spotting has always been brown colored on the TP.