August 2016 Moms
Options

Suffering from horrible rectum pain 35wks

Please help!!!!!!! For the past 3 days I have been in extreme pain trying to poo. At first I thought it was contractions but turns out I have to deliver something else through the back door. Lol The pain is so extreme that I scream so loud and it stinks and hurts my rectum and I have so many hemorhoids and a major one hanging from my rectum. I took prescribed stool softner and suppositories. And nothing helped. Just soft poo passing but still in extreme pain. Even when I pass gas the pain is extreme. This has surely brassed me for the real delivery day and prove to me that I don't need pain killers when I am going into labour. Is anyone else experiencing this and what did you do to relieve the pain? Or does anyone think this is early labour? I am 35wks

Re: Suffering from horrible rectum pain 35wks

• Options
    I would probably call your doctor. 
  • Options
    a week ago i was in hell. I skipped the dr. but increased water, colace, tucks pads, ice packs, hemorrhoid cream and a lot of time laying on my side. and I still have problems a week later but in a lot less pain. You could have a blood clot in the hemorrhoid which makes it super painful and sometimes a doctor needs to fix that., but if they don't get it soon enough, then it is a wait and heal yourself kinda thing.
    Married - 4/7/07
    Son #1- 2/15/08
    Son #2- 8/18/10
    Baby 3 due 8/8/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That happened to me at about 33 weeks!!! Mix equal parts milk of magnesia, prune juice & Coke. I started with 2 Tablespoons each and it worked within 8 hours. The trick is to not let yourself get backed up at all. I take that every few days and colace daily and I have been having very soft BMs. I get an occasional hemmi but nothing like I had then!! I was very similar to you, screaming in pain. 

Everytime I have a BM now I use baby wipes and push up on my rectum just to make sure everything stays up there. 

For the pain now switch heat & ice packs down there and take Tylenol. Drink TONS of water. 

• Options
    *Lurking from July*
    I just had a med-free birth last week and hemmerhoids are basically the same thing! I think you can definitely count on not needing pain meds now! Seriously though, call your doctor.
  • Options
    Thanks hanna hannahh