September 2016 Moms

* * Thursday Ticker Change 7/14 * *

How far along?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings?

GTKY: Tell us about your SO - ex: where did you meet, what does he do, what makes (or will make him) a great Dad? Anything you want to share!
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: * * Thursday Ticker Change 7/14 * *

• How far along? 30 weeks

What size is baby?
    Platypus

Upcoming appointments? 
    Just came from my 30 week appt.  Next is 32 weeks.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Anyone use the Freemie pump? Insurance gave me the go ahead to order a pump and I just can't decide which one to go with.

This fatigue is insane.  Someone pass me some energy please.

GTKY: Tell us about your SO - ex: where did you meet, what does he do, what makes (or will make him) a great Dad? Anything you want to share! 
    DH and I met at a house party during my first year of college.  He is an Electrician currently working in Automation. DH is the greatest Dad.  I hate when everyone says that about their SO, but he really does put the kids first.  There is no shortage of laughter and adventure.  He has the imaginiation of a child and it is amazing watching him interact with the kids.
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • How far along? 33 weeks

What size is baby? 
    a ferret? 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Next Friday

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Really, really wishing DS would go back to sleeping through the night! Transitioning him to a big kid bed has been rough! On a happy note, DH finally got my a/c in my car working! It's been out since Memorial Day and driving has been brutal, especially my hour commute home in the afternoons! 

still have the insane heartburn. No aversions or cravings.

I really need to wake up...at first glance I thought this asked about SO or an ex... Anyway, I met DH in '08 while in college when I took my best friend out for her 21st. He was bartending at the popular spot in our college town. I knew 6 months in he was the one, he claims(and his bf backs him up) that he knew at about month 2. Got engaged in '11 when we moved to CO and married in '12. I have loved watching him with DS and cannot wait to see him with this LO(girl). 
  • Loading the player...
  • ow far along? 
    29 weeks
    What size is baby?
    acorn squash? 
    Upcoming appointments?
    just had my 28 week. Iron is low. But everything else was great. Passed GD test with flying colors. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    seriously got whacked with the tired stick this week. So tired all the time. 
    tired!! Baby is getting tighter in there too. 
    we met at a friends wedding. We were married a year and half later! He is fantastic. He's totally like a kid himself. He's always doing goofy things for the kids. And does every crazy renovation project I ask him too. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • How far along? 31

What size is baby? Asparagus 

Upcoming appointments? Had one yesterday...next one in three weeks bc I'm going to Hawaii for two weeks (DH has a work trip). 

Rants/Raves/Questions? The crib arrived last week and the dresser came this week...so glad things are finally coming together in the new nursery!

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? BHs, heartburn, hip pain, pelvic pressure...can't breathe, you know the usually third tri stuff!

GTKY: Tell us about your SO - ex: where did you meet, what does he do, what makes (or will make him) a great Dad? Anything you want to share! We actually met on Match! He was the very first person to contact me after I signed up...we had a mutual friend, and he recognized me from her profile picture! He is an electrical engineer. He is probably the most easy going person I know. It can drive me nuts sometimes, but it really makes him
    a great dad.

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • How far along?  31 weeks

What size is baby?
     Asparagus.  LAME comparison bump...

Upcoming appointments?
    Had one last week, have another next week. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
     I want to wear my yoga pants and baggy t-shirt all day, every day.  Stupid work dress code.  I posted another thread complaining about the difficulties of getting dressed...

The back pain gets pretty bad at night. I will probably get a massage soon...

I met my husband at a bar on New Year's Eve. He is a fantastic father! He does so much for me and our son. And he is also really good at playing with him - the overly animated facial expressions and goofy voices. It is so sweet. He was pretty awkward through a lot of the infant stage, but is thriving in the current toddler stage.

• @marajay6 DH was also pretty awkward during the infant stage, but loving the toddler stage. Also, on the clothes issue...have you tried maxi skirts? I've been living in maxi skirts, long tank tops and short sleeve cardigans for work. Best part is most of what I listed doesn't have to be maternity, just maybe a size or 2 up.
  • JennM205 said:

Mobile won't let me copy & paste! 

How far along?
    29 weeks!

What size is baby?
    Baby rhino

Upcoming appointments?
    3 weeks! Just had one yesterday.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Seriously wish DD would sleep through the night again!!! It's weird, it seems all the toddlers on this board are sleeping crapoy right now.

I want pizza. And a freaking cold sandwich.

oh, he's amazing. It took us a long time to get where we are, and a lot of growing up, but becoming a dad has completely changed him. He always helps me when I need him, and he's so, so sweet with our girl. She will never question if she's loved. Also, he used to never be very affectionate, his way of showing love was to buy me a snickers when he was at the grocery store (which is one of my favorite ways to be shown love, to be randomly thought of when  I'm not there) but I also like hugs and cuddling and compliments lol so since DD has come along, he hugs me all the time and always says nice things and leaves me love notes. And when I cried about stretch marks last time, he told me it doesn't matter. None of that matters to me. And that is so unlike him. Usually he would get uncomfortable because crying female and ask if I needed anything at the store. Haha I could go on forever, he is just so great. 

• JennM205 said:
    How far along?
    33 weeks 

What size is baby?
    a durian ...never had it probably never will 

Upcoming appointments?
    just had one yesterday. Will have another in two weeks 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    i am a little anxious about traveling with the girls tomorrow morning. Just breathe Kate, it's only a 2.5 hour flight! 

im sooooooooo tired. So so tired. 

we met through mutual friends at a martini bar in Philadelphia. 8 months after we met he was traded to Dallas (he is a professional soccer player) and we have been here since 2011. He is the most selfless man I have ever met, I always knew he would make a great father. Our first girl was an oopsie and he was more prepared then I ever was! As much as he had said he wanted a boy each time, I know he is thrilled to have three princesses :) he would kill me if he knew I said this but he is so nurturing and emotional that he makes a wonderful "girl dad". Fast forward 12 year and no period talk will make him uncomfortable lol 

mobile also won't let me copy and paste. If only I liked to use my computer! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • @marajay6 I feel you on the back pain. I still have a spa day from Mother's Day I haven't used yet. I'm waiting until I get back from vacation 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • How far along? 33 weeks!

What size is baby?
    Celery...  @marajay6 I agree; the Bump comparisons have been LAME the last few weeks!

Upcoming appointments?
    Next regular appointment a week from today; as most of you know from Randoms I had a surprise "appointment" at the hospital this morning but everything is ok now, thank goodness!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Combined rant/rave - my rave is that our friend/neighbor totally stepped up this morning to watch DD as we left for the hospital.  It's so nice and such a relief to know that when there's a need, there are more people than you think that you can count on!  My rant is that, conversely, my Mom had no interest in coming to get DD from this friend's house.  I called her en route to the hospital knowing she had the day off.  Told her what was going on and said hopefully it was nothing and I'd be released at some point today.  But asked if things took a while and/or if labor was in progress and couldn't be stopped, would she be willing to relieve the neighbor?  She was completely non-committal!  I didn't expect her to jump in the car at that very moment - and I realize her drive is about an hour so not necessarily "quick and easy" but was at least hoping she'd be agreeable to helping out if the need arose.  She reluctantly agreed to "do what she could" and asked us to keep her posted.  She's been like this all my life so I'm not shocked but in times like these, I want to shake her and wake her up a little bit.  Meanwhile, adding to the list of things I will do very, very differently when my children are grown!

Well, hopefully no more contractions!  Otherwise, the usual - fatigue, insomnia, back aches, occasional ankle swelling...

DH and I met working in a restaurant when I was in high school and were basically inseparable from the get-go.  He is a web developer and, with his new(ish) job, works completely from home which has been so, so nice!  He is amazing with DD.  He's basically a big kid himself and she loves it.  He's really loving the toddler stage (he was a little more apprehensive in the infant stage but no less wonderful).  I think my favorite thing about the two of them is seeing his awe every time she says something clever or does something silly.  He just "can't believe" what she's capable of at such a young age and I love seeing how much he loves it.

@COmama87 Haha - I re-read the GTKY question and can totally see how you thought it was asking to describe your SO or an ex.  Hmmmm, which to choose...?  Too funny!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker