November 2015 Moms

Baby Poop

LO has always pooped once a day and it's consistency has been consistent for lack of a better word. We recently moved from 2 solid "meals" a day to 3. While she's still pooping once a day the amount seems to be less and it seems to be firmer, almost like adult poop. It's not hard or pebble like, but it still has me a little concerned. What does your LO's poop look like and how much solid food are they eating?

Re: Baby Poop

• My LO went from popping everyday to popping every few days once we started solids. If LO doesn't drink enough water or has too many yellow and orange fruits/veg he becomes a little constipated. (Small amounts and firm). Normally LO still only goes every few days and the consistency is thicker but not firm. 

If you think your LO is a little constipated then maybe try more water and/or juice like apple or pear. Also try to give more greens veg and not too many of the puffs/wafers. 
  • Good advice. Thanks! We haven't tried puffs or wafers, but I do give her mostly orange fruits and veggies. I'll definitely give more greens. I gave her one ounce of apple juice and one ounce water and she pooped twice today. Phew! I'm hoping her body just needs some time to adjust.
  • Loading the player...
  • Anything with a P is suppose to help with peas, prunes, peaches, pears, etc. 
  • Good advice. Thanks! We haven't tried puffs or wafers, but I do give her mostly orange fruits and veggies. I'll definitely give more greens. I gave her one ounce of apple juice and one ounce water and she pooped twice today. Phew! I'm hoping her body just needs some time to adjust.
    Glad it worked! 
  • Also, Mott's (the juice box company) makes Popsicles that are 100% juice. You can find them on the juice aisle in a small yellow box. I will give LO the apple or apple and white grape and he loves it!
  • All good! Our LO's poop is more formed and seems smaller and more compact. Sometimes he goes 2-3 days, though usually once a day.