Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Weight after miscarriage

did anyone have issues with their weight after a mc? I'm sure it has something to dilo with hormones being all over the place.. I gained a few pounds during the first trimester and a few right after my d&c. Now I'm stuck. Eating healthy, very active and still the scale stays put. My clothes aren't fitting any better either. Anyone else experience this?

Re: Weight after miscarriage

• Options
    During my 13 week pregnancy I ate whatever I wanted and stopped working out. I lost weight actually, which I've heard is a sign of chromosomal abnormality pregnancy- an inability to gain weight. I've gained 10 lbs since my D&C, I'm sure some of its because I haven't eaten well, but I also think a lot of its hormonal. I'm really starting to concentrate in healthy eating and working out more now. It's like adding insult to injury. I'm trying to not beat myself up too much about it. It's just hard when your clothes don't fit and you were supposed to be well into maternity wear by now :-(
  • Options
    I have had a similar experience. Since March I have put on 10 pounds and have not been able to lose it. Part of it is my motivation has not been the best. I tend to be an emotional eater. But it seems like even when I have been motivated it does go anywhere. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've put on a stone since it happened! During my 13 week pregnancy I felt like I didn't gain any weight or show at all but since it ended I feel so much bigger and it's mostly on my stomach which just makes me feel terrible. I'm one of those annoying people who has always been tiny and never been able to gain weight so it just came as a bit of a shock. It's probably just a mix between hormones and comfort eating for five months haha 
  • Options
    I was eating very healthy while I was pregnant and didn't gain anything at all. Since my miscarriage I've gained 10 pounds. I know it's a mixture of hormones and the fact that I was eating my feelings for a long while. But now that I am being good again I am having trouble getting that weight off. It really does add insult to injury. Sorry you're dealing with the same thing. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    mjolkmjolk member
    I'm confused to be honest. Ever since my d&c I've felt I have had daily stomach aches which I have now determined were cramps? Maybe I have both? I'm afraid to check the scale but my whole digestive system just seems out of whack.
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• Options
    Yep. I'm up 15 since mine. I attribute it to the MC and Clomid.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm up about 20 pounds from my first MC. I gained 10 lbs after each one just from stress and emotional eating. I keep saying I'll get things in check and lose it, but it's so hard when I'm struggling to just get through each day.  I wish I had more advice, but hopefully it helps to realize you are far from alone here!
  • Options
    It's not good to hear that anyone else is experiencing the same thing but it's good to hear that it can happen. 
  • Options
    After my first MC I was fine for a month or so (wedding was 2 weeks after MC and honeymoon a few weeks after that), but then randomly one weekend I gained 10 lbs!  Normally if I have a crap food weekend where I go up a few lbs, I can eat better during the week and drop it back down by mid-week... but 10 lbs was a TON in one weekend, and no matter how little I ate, how well I ate, or how much exercise I did, it wouldn't budge.  I finally buckled down in March and just lost it before my second BFP.  
    This time I am working my butt off to not gain that 10 lbs and to lose even more, and despite being down a lb. or so in the past 2 weeks since my second MC, I still feel pudgy and can feel the bloated stomach I have from the pregnancy.  Sucks!  Good luck with the weight loss!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer
    Its nice to hear you lost weight before you're next bfp. That's what I'm hoping to do.