1st Trimester

9 DPO, possible implantation...SEVERE GI distress?

Hi!  Apologies if I should be posting in the TTC boards, but I read an implantation question there and the OP was directed here...

I don't remember this with my first pregnancy (ended in an early MC) so it may not even be implantation (remaining hopeful!) but I am having the most horrific stomach issues for the past 2 days.  Gas, bloating, diarrhea, everything I eat makes me bloated, even something simple like salad and a piece of grilled chicken.

Just wondering if anyone has had symptoms like this so early on in the process and then got a BFP.  Thanks much!!   

Re: 9 DPO, possible implantation...SEVERE GI distress?

• Progesterone can cause bloating, gas and discomfort and your progesterone levels rise in your luteal phase regardless of pregnancy....and so can food poisoning or a viral gastrointestinal illness.

The only way to confirm a pregnancy is with a positive test, prior to that any symptoms you feel are not pregnancy related. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • leksiLleksiL member
    Agree with @comealongponds - wait a few days and test. Other peoples' experiences won't tell you if you are pregnant or not, every person and every pregnancy is different. Do yourself a favor and don't ask if every thing that happens is a pregnancy symptom. Most pregnancy symptoms are similar to PMS and the only way you an tell if you are pregnant is a positive test. 

Also just as a FYI, it is against the TOU to ask if you are pregnant, even in a roundabout way. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Loading the player...
  • ecwkecwk member
    edited July 2016
    Are you basically asking if you're experiencing early morning sickness? 

Edit spelling 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you were pregnant enough to have symptoms, you would be pregnant enough to turn a test. This is because HCG, the hormone detected by HPTs, is also the cause of pregnancy symptoms. Implantation would not cause these or any other symptoms because HCG does not begin building until AFTER implantation. 
  • edited July 2016
    Pms and early pregnancy symptoms are identical.  And as far as GI upset, that could be something u ate.   Go buy a HPT, it's is negative then u are not pregnant at this time.  Pregnancy symptoms occur after a you have enough HCG in your system to have a positive HPT
  • Sorry about the stomach bug. Stay hydrated.