Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Experience with Cytotex

I was hoping to get some information from those of you that have taken Cytotec.  I took 4 pills transvaginally on Thursday at 7am. I had some cramping and some bleeding at about 5pm, but only when I went to the bathroom and the bleeding was only on the toilet paper. Based on the directions, I took a second dose on Friday morning since the bleeding was minimal on Thursday. Nothing has happened. I called the RE this morning and they said it could take 36 hours to work. Originally they told me 24 hours. Has anyone taken Cytotec and not had it work or it took longer than expected to work?  I am scheduled for an ultrasound on Monday morning. 
About me:
TTC#1: October 2015
dx: PCOS & MFI
IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
July 2016: Blighted Ovum
IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
FET February 2017 ~BFN
IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
Team Blue X 2!

Re: Experience with Cytotex

• Options
    I have not taken cytotec, but my friend did, and she said it took about a day for it to kick in. Hoping you get an answer or some progress soon..  know the waiting for closure seems to be the hardest part :(
  • Options
    @beary67 I really hope you're doing okay and that your ultrasound goes okay. I had a D&C so I have no advice to offer :(

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to take Cytotec 3 weeks ago. I had severe cramping within a few hours (easily the worst pain I've ever felt, granted I haven't been through many physical trials in my life...) I began bleeding about 6 hours after taking it. Most of the bleeding only happened when I went to the bathroom, but I did see several large clots and clumps come out... when I told my doctor that, he said that sounded like everything probably passed. But I'm 3 weeks out and still have elevated hormone levels so I'm waiting to hear more on Monday too. 

I hope everything goes well with your appointment tomorrow. Sending positive thoughts your way :) 
  • Options
    @Knottie65227428 thanks for your kind message.  Unfortunately, the cytotec has not yet worked, so I am scheduled for a D&C on Friday.  They are giving me a few more days to see if the medicine will work, but I've had no cramps and no bleeding, so I'm guessing we will end up having the D&C as scheduled on Friday.  I hope your appointment went well!  Do you have an update?
    About me:
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    A few months ago I had to take cytotec. I took doses every four hours for two weeks and nothing. The first night I had minimal bleeding and cramps. The day before my d&c I passed a little more. I was very against getting a d&c and the last dose was a dose twice as big as the others and that's what started to pass everything. Ultimately I ended up needing a d&c. So sorry you're going through this.
  • Options
    @Redpuma119 I'm so sorry for your loss. How far along were you when you had the D&C?  My doctor called me this afternoon and is a little hesitant to do the D&C because the sac is so small and he is afraid he will miss it. The Cytotec is not working for me either, so I either risk the D&C or I wait to miscarry naturally. I'm not sure what to do. 
    About me:
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    @beary67 I was 9 weeks.  Did they do a few subsequent tests to measure hcg levels? 
  • Options
    @Redpuma119 yes they have done a lot of betas to measure my hcg levels. At this point, I think I'm going to wait and not do the D&C yes. I'm going to trust my doctor and wait. I will have another ultrasound scheduled for next Monday to see if the sac has gotten bigger to make q D&C easier. Otherwise, we will just keep monitoring it and wait until I miscarry naturally.  
    About me:
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    Team Blue X 2!